It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the release: what now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nothing. It is all a dog and pony show. Maybe some minor scapegoats get slapped on the wrist but the main actors will walk away free. There could be some strong and harsh words muttered to try and appease the sheep but it doesn't even matter anymore.

Welcome to the new age of decadence where the constitution and bill of rights have been forgotten. The powers that be will realize they didn't find out where the line relocated to so another massive 'conspiracy' will be along shortly.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Seems like Trump just called 'all in'... but his opponents didn't fold, so he was forced to put his cards on the table and as it turns out, he had a big fat nothing all along... lol.

Just the actions of a desperate man, who's finally starting to realize his days are numbered...

You are right. He is desperate. He wants so much to believe people like him, he even made up having the biggest ratings "in history" for his SOTU, when the FACT is, he trailed almost 2 and a half MILLION behind Obama's first SOTU!

Lie, after lie, after lie!

edit on 2-2-2018 by kurthall because: Fix

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Oh i see desperation and it's not coming from Trump.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Saxomophone

But what now? Now that the memo is out, what can happen? What laws have been broken? Who could be indicted and for what? As someone who is not an American, it is exceptionally hard to actually get any meaningful information about it all. The media, naturally, are not discussing it. Even RT is unusually quiet. This would appear to be the biggest scandal in US politics since 1776, but for those of us outside the US, its hard to understand. Can anyone outline it for those of us who don't understand your systems?

Welcome to ATS... and be prepared for a variety of answers -- many directly contradicting others!

I hope some of our resident legal eagles pop in and give you the legal specifics. I'm not sure what specific laws were broken. I'm looking forward to reading more legal analyses on the specific laws violated in the coming days.

As I understand it, the problem began when the Department of Justice and the FBI knowingly and deliberately used unverified political propaganda for evidentiary purposes in the secret courts which allow spying on foreign spies. And as I understand it, Carter Page was presented as a foreign agent to the FISA court. So they used false evidence in a court of law (a classified court of law with little official oversight, and virtually no public information!) to exploit govt surveillance programs against a political opponent.

And this was compounded when the FBI and Dept of Justice -- and, in fact, many of the same agents -- tried to cover up their actions and refused to provide documents and testimony to the House of Representatives committee investigating their wrongdoing.

At this point, we are still in the "investigating" stage, and it is unknown yet what if any laws have been broken, what evidence they have, what additional evidence of wrongdoings they have found, etc. There is an Inspector General report which is due to be released soon. The Inspector General perhaps has the greatest resources and greatest access to the appropriate and necessary records/documents, and his report will cover more than the narrow focus of the House committee. I believe much of the evidence against wrongdoers will be found in the Inspector General's report. But I don't know that.

Thanks for this response, it is more insightful than anything the "media" have said so far! Now to research what you have said. Many thanks

link   
Anyone using Comey to validate their opinion is desperate, but then again anyone that hired ajournalist that outsourced to a foreign intelligence company and spy was desperate.

link   

After the release: what now?

It's a great moment to take in some propaganda watching. I wager the enemy of the people is ramping it up right now.

Note how all the usual suspects in the media are calling the memo "controversial" or "disputed" or "GOP", echoing Dem sentiments. But when the salacious dossier found itself in their headlines, they refer not as controversial, nor disputed, nor Dem dossier, but as the "Trump Dossier" or "Trump-Russia Dossier", and more recently the "Steele Dossier", once again echoing Dem sentiments.

link   
Obama is toast. Hillary is toast. Kurt is full of beans.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: toysforadults
treason charges for everyone involved in overthrowing our elected president and for acting in collusion with the Clinton campaign

everyone involved get's life sentences

Your way off...lol...there is way more on the Trump Camp, than this "nothing burger" .....

As Comey said "that's it?"

Well, this is just the tip of the icerberg.. and Comey and others cried "grave national security threat" if released, and then following day its released and they go "its nothing... that's it?"... you really are that naive it would seem.. Also, the Senate Judiciary committee also has a memo on Steele, the dossier and the FBI they are working on getting declassified..

I have an analogy for you.... Nunes is on first after a bunt single. Grassley is on deck..
edit on 2-2-2018 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What now?

Now, people on the right will yell about how this is the biggest scandal since Watergate, despite what it actually is.

And in two weeks after the spin has worn off and it dawns on everyone how lacking this memo actually is, another so called "bombshell" will be hinted or teased to keep the believers believin'. And the screams of the angry mob will move to another target.

While it slowly dawns on the rest of the country that the republicans are more concerned with attacking democrats than they are actually governing..

That's what happens now.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Prepare for the Senate Judiciary Committee memo.

Coming soon to... everywhere!

edit on 2-2-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What now?

Now, people on the right will yell about how this is the biggest scandal since Watergate, despite what it actually is.

And in two weeks after the spin has worn off and it dawns on everyone how lacking this memo actually is, another so called "bombshell" will be hinted or teased to keep the believers believin'. And the screams of the angry mob will move to another target.

While it slowly dawns on the rest of the country that the republicans are more concerned with attacking democrats than they are actually governing..

That's what happens now.

So, in a nutshell, Federal officials conspired to spy on a rival political campaign using information they had not verified from people they knew were untrustworthy. And these officials deliberately and repeatedly defrauded the judiciary by withholding key information. And you think this type of behavior is okay? If the roles were reversed and the Republican party was caught doing this to a Democratic presidential nominee (like Obama), you'd be okay with this?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: toysforadults
treason charges for everyone involved in overthrowing our elected president and for acting in collusion with the Clinton campaign

everyone involved get's life sentences

Your way off...lol...there is way more on the Trump Camp, than this "nothing burger" .....

As Comey said "that's it?"

This OP has nothing to do with Trump, you are obsessed and off topic.

Your believing that the DOJ and FBI running outside the law is a nothing burger (what are you 12?) says a lot about your level of partisanship.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I remember Trump campaigning all about Crooked Hillary. There have been no indictments and she's on a book tour.

Obama's playing golf, just like Trump. No indictments there either.

This "memo" turned out to be a big nothing burger.

Trump is the one that needs to be concerned about another Treason accusation.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 2-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Toast and beans? A wonderful British dish.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I remember Trump campaigning all about Crooked Hillary. There have been no indictments and she's on a book tour.

I think your nothing burger statement is a bit premature but I guess it’s about all you got now.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How is this a nothing burger?? do you lack reading comprehension or have you not seen/read the 4-page memo? I understand you hate Trump and the GOP, but any logical person can see there's an issue here.. This isnt a left vs right issue, this is far deeper than that, and sadly, many like you are allowing their blind hate for Trump to get in the way of any critical thinking.. sad..

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
We go back over the news and see exactly what it was everybody was trying to distract us from.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Seems like Trump just called 'all in'... but his opponents didn't fold, so he was forced to put his cards on the table and as it turns out, he had a big fat nothing all along... lol.

Just the actions of a desperate man, who's finally starting to realize his days are numbered...

So if Trump fired all the higher ups at the FBI and DOJ, hired his own folks and used these tactics to "get things done", you would be cool with that? We could get some amazing things accomplished and make piles of money. Who needs integrity.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

So far they are just claims in the memo. The Dems will produce counter-claims. We need to see the FISA application and all subsequent evidence. Not only that, but we need a non-partisan commission to start over with the Russia investigation.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

LOL, you can't be this thick. Please tell me you are kidding.

The group of people who are in charge of investigating and punishing her and him, we kind of just called our for being owned by him and her. I realize it all needs to be proven with an investigation, but if it's true, your post looks sofa king stupid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join