It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources and Methods...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I do think the memo revealed sources and methods of the FBI... It's just that we already knew about these sources and methods so, technically, what the Dems and their tools are saying is correct.

Remember this from 2013? Think about how little things had changed. Some of the names were even the same, Comey, Mueller, Obama. Sources and methods...

Lois Lerner IRS Scandal

In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that it had selected political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes.

Deleted Evidence: Thomas Kane, Deputy Assistant Chief Counsel for the IRS, wrote in a sworn declaration that Lerner's Blackberry was "removed or wiped clean of any sensitive or proprietary information and removed as scrap for disposal in June 2012." In a USA Today opinion column, James S. Robbins wrote, "For a scandal that is frequently derided as 'fake,' it is amazing how often real evidence disappears. The disappearing act is so frequent, it is reasonable to wonder whether it is really a systematic attempt to destroy evidence of abuse of power."

FBI investigation: In January 2014, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) announced that it had found no evidence warranting the filing of federal criminal charges in connection with the affair. The FBI stated it found no evidence of "enemy hunting" of the kind that had been suspected, but that the investigation did reveal the IRS to be a mismanaged bureaucracy enforcing rules that IRS personnel did not fully understand. The officials indicated, however, that the investigation is continuing.

DOJ investigation: In October 2015, the Justice Department notified Congress that there would be no charges against the former IRS official Lois Lerner or against anyone else in the IRS. The investigation found no evidence of illegal activity or the partisan targeting of political groups and found that no IRS official attempted to obstruct justice. The DOJ investigation did find evidence of mismanagement and Lerner's poor judgement in using her IRS account for personal messages but said "...poor management is not a crime." In September 2017, the DOJ declined a request from the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means to reopen the investigation into Lerner's IRS activities.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

It's almost as if we're seeing a pattern of misconduct and corruption within Govt. agencies under the Obama administration...

Curious.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's almost as if we're seeing a pattern of misconduct and corruption within Govt. agencies under the Obama administration...

Curious.

I think you can take out the "almost" and "if". We are definitely seeing a pattern of corruption under Obama...Question is what are they going to do about it?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

a pattern of misconduct and corruption within Govt. agencies under the Obama administration... 

So Obama invented misconduct and corruption within Govt agencies? Wow over a year out of office and he still gets credit for everything. Gotta love it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

a pattern of misconduct and corruption within Govt. agencies under the Obama administration... 

So Obama invented misconduct and corruption within Govt agencies? Wow over a year out of office and he still gets credit for everything. Gotta love it.

You're right Obama didn't invent misconduct and corruption. However he is involved in it.

So I think he is only giving credit where credit is due.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No one said he invented it, but I hope he gets credit for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Did I say he "invented" misconduct and corruption? No, I didn't. You're just being stupid.

But I know this is painful for you. Your "team" is being exposed. The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming. Acceptance is the next step, embrace it. And learn from it. You'll feel better in the long run.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Can't debate the real point being made? Quick, make up a strawman!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Ordinarily, I come down firmly on the side of protecting sources and methods when it comes to intelligence activities.

But when those sources and methods are nothing more than "we got a dossier...and then the media reported on the dossier, which allowed us to say the dossier was legit, and that got us our warrant" I'm not even willing to entertain the whole sources and methods debate. Complete non-issue in my book, because of what those sources and methods were/are.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They were only trying to protect their own sorry asses when they wanted to bar the release of the memo or redact all the names.

Name a Special Prosecutor Now!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ordinarily, I come down firmly on the side of protecting sources and methods when it comes to intelligence activities.

But when those sources and methods are nothing more than "we got a dossier...and then the media reported on the dossier, which allowed us to say the dossier was legit, and that got us our warrant" I'm not even willing to entertain the whole sources and methods debate. Complete non-issue in my book, because of what those sources and methods were/are.

Ummm...add to that the two instances where the FBI investigative teams stated that they had only just started on verification...and that the dossier was pushed to the fisa court unverified...

Most telling however was that the corroborating evidence for the dossier was the dossier itself...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Ummm...I totally agree that it revealed sources and methods...

The sources...avowed Trump haters pushing a false narrative...

The methods...peddling a false narrative and innuendo in order to obtain a FISA warrant to perform opposition interference for political gain...

Think about that for a while...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
I do think the memo revealed sources and methods of the FBI... It's just that we already knew about these sources and methods so, technically, what the Dems and their tools are saying is correct.

Well, everybody knows that various government agencies "lie" and "construct false narratives" etc..to "move things along" and get their objectives met.

BUT....the big difference here is that it is being

OFFICIALLY ADMITTED THAT THEY DO THESE THINGS !

Sorry, for shouting. But, everytime anyone points out these things, those people are "treated with derision", and called "cookoo", and "nut cases", and are immediately "discredited" by all official channels.

What Trump has done, is "expose" these "sources and methods" as "reality" and not just the "imaginings" of some "madman" or "nutcase" or "conspiracy nut."

See?

That's the whole point.

Trump has revealed that all the conspiracy nuts are actually "sane", like "him".

So, how can the government continue to operate, with the public knowing what they are actually doing?

We know that George Bush had the intel agencies "construct the fiction" that Saddam had WMD, and then used it to go to war. But, what we didn't have proof of before today, is that this is "standard practice" of inventing evidence to be used to promote the policy in every area of government action, even on citizens who are not foreign enemies.

That's big. That's uge. As Donald would say.

But, the question is "Does anybody really care?"

The victims care, for sure. But, what about the rest of us?

Most of us aren't important enough to be targets of the gobernment.

So, this is all about those seeking power, have power, are wealthy, sitting in various high chairs.

For the rest of the population, it's "Ho Hum, Yawn."

edit on 2-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

top topics

join