It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Bashes Nunes: I Was More Careful With Gov’t Secrets Than You Are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Are we throwing Snowden under the bus now as well?

Edward Snowden on Friday spoke out against the process in which House Republicans have sought to release a memo full of classified government information. Jake Laperruque, a surveillance expert for the Project on Government Oversight, tweeted Thursday how House intel chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA), who had once called Snowden a “traitor” for his 2013 leak of surveillance documents, was now acting recklessly with government disclosures. In response, Snowden wrote: “I required the journalists who broke the 2013 domestic spying stories (as a condition of access) to talk with gov in advance of publication as an extraordinary precaution to prevent any risk of harm.

www.thedailybeast.com...

I guess he can join Chelsea Manning.

There's no criticism on Nunes and politicizing this entire matter, rather a focus on a rush to release all and any information. Personally this doesn't bother me all that much. I just couldn't be bothered caring. I'd like the Memo released, which it has. What I find interest is this trend of whistleblowers that were once heralded as heroes and patriots during the previous administration, are now be shafted aside or made enemies under the Trump administration.

Snowden has already had a public falling out with Wikileaks and we also know that many of the Trump administration's allies, holders of power in DC, have been staunch critics. Nunes was in a 2013 leaked document calling Snowden a 'traitor', Mike Pence believes no immunity should be granted to him and Donald Trump believes he should face the music and come home.

This administration and their allies have been very cold to the likes of Snowden and Manning and I believe this 'criticism' of Nunes is just another 'filtered' attempt to hit back at being given the cold shoulder.
edit on 2-2-2018 by Southern Guardian because: updated

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh boy...here we go.

Yes, Snowden was more careful when he released info and supporting evidence. Except he also compromised personnel, methodology, and the lives of operatives.

What an asinine position to take.

What's more, is this legitimate or not? Can't have it both ways. Either the info in the memo is accurate and damaging(what other reason is the to keep it classified), or it isn't.

edit on 2 2 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nunes memo had no secrets.

No wonder Snowdens leaks never hurt anything.

Probably cookie recipies.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I think we should give him leniency if he tells us what's going on in Antarctica with the NSA

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Cookie recipes from the Dark Side.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I agree, can anyone point to that was actually considered classified in it?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I think he's ran out of cookie recipies tbh...... now he's stuck in Russia... hiding from a far more aggressive administration to whistleblowers....

Surprised he hasn't gone crazy yet.

The Russians won't have much use for him in time.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Probably one of the "minor edits" the memo received before going to the white house..

Something is still lurking in the shadows and it's gonna darken everyone's day.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Govt classifies stuff like this is 1942. Most top secret info can be found with smartphone.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I threw him under the bus day 1 because of how he did what he did.

No comparison here.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
More like..

REMEMBER ME?

ANYONE?

HELLO?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He is jealous that someone is leaking Intel and it’s not him.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The article, in no way, supports the assertion implied in the title. The memo was evaluated and found to not contain any classified information where Snowden's actions were chock full of it. Apples and oranges!

PS: I just do not see where Snowden is bashing anyone in that article. Bogus title.

edit on 2-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Love him or hate him, without Snowden none of us would know that the NSA monitors ALL communications, no matter who you are, where you are or what you're doing. It's all on file and can be pulled up in a heartbeat. Snowden had the guts to show us that the modern surveillance era is all about storing every precious byte of data on ever single person that it can touch.

I think that's a wonderful thing...exposing government corruption and breach of trust with it's own citizens. It doesn't matter who is in office, R or D, it's a major breach of the constitution...but apparently people are okay with that...but "muh secrets..."

I don't think there's any reason for Snowden or Nunes to have a (blank) measuring contest. They're both dealing with classified information that should be exposed.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It amazes me how many people have no interest in knowing truth.... as long as the life they are living goes uninterrupted they could care less what the government is doing....... and that is exactly why we are, where we are today... talking about FISA and memos....and the ones who say anything are always called Conspiracy Nuts

Love my country, Fear my government.

The more you know the truth and seek the truth where ever it may lead... the more you see the lies all around you.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I agree, can anyone point to that was actually considered classified in it?

It betrayed the secret that the FBI is corrupt. Other than that, no.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

It betrayed the secret that the FBI is corrupt. Other than that, no.

I can point to a number of events in our past where the FBI has over stepped their authority. Its nothing new and it is something that will happen again too. What is new is this mindset that they are incapable of infractions of any kind, or when identify things like this is a insult to the whole community. I wonder what most of them think about this...Seems we get just the pundits view points and not the men and women of the FBI. In the military when something like this is brought out in the open we didn't look at the group that made it known as the bad actors in it all.

edit on 2-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Depending on who you talk to, the Left believe he is a Russian Plant, and a lot on the right believes he is a "traitor"

some believe he has always been a CIA plant

¯_(ツ)_/¯

edit on 2-2-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I’ve Recently thought that the reason for the popularity of communism in the west is related to this massive surveillance state. My guess is the idiots think if they know everything about everyone and if they don’t have to have a massive crippling bureaucracy Then communism will succeed. They just don’t get that communism as a theory ignores fundamental truth about what it means to be alive and human. It will always fail because of this flaw. People are more than economic units to be pushed around according to the needs of the five-year plan.

reply to: kelbtalfenek

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Are we throwing Snowden under the bus now as well?

Edward Snowden on Friday spoke out against the process in which House Republicans have sought to release a memo full of classified government information. Jake Laperruque, a surveillance expert for the Project on Government Oversight, tweeted Thursday how House intel chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA), who had once called Snowden a “traitor” for his 2013 leak of surveillance documents, was now acting recklessly with government disclosures. In response, Snowden wrote: “I required the journalists who broke the 2013 domestic spying stories (as a condition of access) to talk with gov in advance of publication as an extraordinary precaution to prevent any risk of harm.

www.thedailybeast.com...

I guess he can join Chelsea Manning.

There's no criticism on Nunes and politicizing this entire matter, rather a focus on a rush to release all and any information. Personally this doesn't bother me all that much. I just couldn't be bothered caring. I'd like the Memo released, which it has. What I find interest is this trend of whistleblowers that were once heralded as heroes and patriots during the previous administration, are now be shafted aside or made enemies under the Trump administration.

Snowden has already had a public falling out with Wikileaks and we also know that many of the Trump administration's allies, holders of power in DC, have been staunch critics. Nunes was in a 2013 leaked document calling Snowden a 'traitor', Mike Pence believes no immunity should be granted to him and Donald Trump believes he should face the music and come home.

This administration and their allies have been very cold to the likes of Snowden and Manning and I believe this 'criticism' of Nunes is just another 'filtered' attempt to hit back at being given the cold shoulder.

Snowden was a booksmart person lacking common sense that had access to information...nothing more. He was an idiot for not properly planning and building his release. Hence why he's pretty much a nobody. It isn't like he is some super hacker with massive knowledge of anything. He is basically a millennial that got in over his head and is now attempting to stay relevant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join