It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusion about ATSNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've asked questions on the other New ATSNN threads but I have gotten no response so I have started this thread for my question.
First let me say that I like the voting Idea as it reflects the community on ATS.
I am a bit confused regarding the system.

4) Credit: When an author's article is published to ATSNN, they received 250 ATS points, and 1 ATSNN point.

The other day I had a story published on ATSNN. Because I don't keep a close eye on my ATS points I am unsure If I got the 250 points. Also I have no Idea if I received the 1 ATSNN point. Was there somewhere I could check how many ATSNN points I have?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's listed in the window with your name, near the bottom, and just above "ignore."

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yes I see my ATS points there. Does that mean I have no ATSNN points?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Yes I see my ATS points there. Does that mean I have no ATSNN points?

That's what it means.... hmmmm j/k

you have 9,603 ATS points ...
[edit on 15-2-2005 by elevatedone]

[edit on 15-2-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't think ATSNN points are displayed. I think they're just tracked quietly so that when you gain the right to have automatic upgrades of your stories that will happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When you reach 25 "ATSNN Points", your submissions will immediately become approved news... this is the only way to tell. I was concerned that this would turn into a new point competition... it's not about that, it's about quality and reliability, and rewarding those who regularly provide it.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can't recall mention of whether "ATSNN points" would be on display or simply tabulated in a separate database.

The concept has merit but it's hard to make it transparent and please all the people all the time, eh.

Remedy: keep submitting newsworthy articles of interest and value and build your reputation as an ATSNN journalist worth paying attention to.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
My problem with submissions is:
when you originally submit, you get a nice neat form to fill in,
BUT
once youve sent it, if corrections are needed,you practacally have to know computer code to be able to easily correct a bad link, quote, etc...
any way this can be simplified for non techie users?

new topics

top topics

join