It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Discriminated Against

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: introvert
It's not really about feminism. It's about demographics and what sells.

If this is about demographics and what sells, F1 just made a massive error.

I doubt it.

It is my experience that the F1 crowd is a bit more "refined" than the motorsports fans in the US, not to mention that sex seems to be less effective of a tactic on the up and coming generations.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dae

originally posted by: Nyiah
They don't represent me or my form, nor your & yours. Don't be so self-centered, these were treasured jobs someone else held, not us.

Edit: If I may be blunt, women have a lot of growing up to do still, we're stuck in a selfish kids loop still.

First up, I think you all need to calm down and stop yammering about feminists and leftists, friggin' hell!

To defend my point, I think we need to be clear, when I asked, What was their point again? What is their job role? Now off the top of my head, it is to be female, young and beautiful and nowt to do with the actual sport. But do correct me if I am wrong.

Yep, sounds like their job to me, to be eye candy supplementary entertainment for the masses. Just because YOU don't like their job doesn't mean it needs to be axed. They obviously enjoyed their jobs very much, which should be more than enough for anyone else. You know the old saying of "If you don't like your job, find another", right? I'm certain they understood that option was available to them. You, however, don't get to make that choice for them.

If I may be blunt to your Edit, people have been saying 'Women need to blah blah', since forever.

I say people need to grow up, male and female, stop bowing into their narcissism and help others.

You proved my point here with self-centered White Knighting. Grid Girls don't need feminist hero help, they got their own backs already.

And I still think the Grid Grannies would have been an awesome way to go out, maybe some who were grid girls back in the day!

Contact someone and suggest a calendar or something. I highly suspect you're being very sarcastic, but it's a nice homage idea to do.

Dae

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You, however, don't get to make that choice for them.

Blimey. I did not make that choice for them, do you think I'm part of the F1 management team or something? All I am doing is expressing an opinion after the effect. I don't write blogs/books, or letters to politicians, I don't watch youtube channels or pass on facebook posts, I do not effect society like you seem to think I do.

You proved my point here with self-centered White Knighting. Grid Girls don't need feminist hero help, they got their own backs already.

For crying out loud stop throwing labels about like they are some some damn ninja stars. I do get the feeling you are projecting an awful amount of "stuff" onto my posts, and I am finding it difficult to reply to your... retorts... yeah that;s a good word.

Contact someone and suggest a calendar or something. I highly suspect you're being very sarcastic, but it's a nice homage idea to do.

Ahh, now you want me to contact someone and try and make changes, nah I will leave the F1 people to it...it was a harmless lighthearted suggestion that I do mean, it would have been a great way to end the tradition.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It's a commercial decision by one of the biggest companies in world sport with no outside ideological pressure.

That's the free market at work. What's the problem? Would you rather governments told F1 how to run their events?

No I #ing wouldn't and it is disingenuous of you to attempt to imply that I was suggesting any such thing. What I would like to see is Formula One and all the cowardly corporations stop rolling over every time some jealous ugly feminist gets a weed up her ass because beautiful and feminine women get paid for doing something they like to do.
edit on 3-2-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join