It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence memo released: What it says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

It is kind of boring. I had to force myself to keep reading. I have it downloaded so I can consult it.

It's extremely boring and the "story" that this site and many others are purporting makes 0 sense.

1st) The people calling for transparency don't want to lay out ALL the cards in regards to this memo. That would actually include the FISA warrant in question, the democratic response (which is annoying, I hate that this has been politicized), and any and all evidence in regards to this memo.

2nd) The people (Nunes and Republican House Intelligence Committee members) who are playing up the abuses in the FISA court, are the same people who are calling (or have called for in the past) GREATER latitude in regards to the courts and spying in general.

3rd) Some of the people named in the warrant (Rosenstein and Beonte) have been appointed to greater positions BY PRESIDENT TRUMP! So to follow this story, the people trying to take down Donald Trump have also been helped in their careers by the same man they tried so desperately to discredit and take down? These people, who again have benefited from Donald Trump becoming president, have done things that were illegal. These people, risked their entire careers to take down this man? They lied and cheated, and then when offered GREATER POSITIONS by this very President they are purported to be corrupt against, accepted the positions.

I'm not saying that the lot isn't corrupt as can be, but we really have 0 proof. It doesn't even make any type of sense for Rosenstein and Beonte to partake in this "Conspiracy Bigger than Watergate", while they DIRECTLY benefited from the way the election shook out!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Proof please. Ha ha ha.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Need to watch the series on Netfix called Dirty Money. Then you will know what kind of man is in the white house. The only thing he succeeded at was marketing his daddy's name. He filed bankruptcy 5 times.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Obama's briefing notes are available to anyone who is next Presient if they wish, for reference. And yes, Trump saw what they were. he knows exactly what was done to him. You haven't seen the least of what is coming.
edit on 2-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Need to watch the series on Netfix called Dirty Money. Then you will know what kind of man is in the white house. The only thing he succeeded at was marketing his daddy's name. He filed bankruptcy 5 times.

BTW Bub if there was anything in that documentary that was damaging, you can be sure it would have been in a Hillry campaign commercial. Go sell crazy somewhere else.
edit on 2-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The first memos release lays the groundwork for the rest to come.

BREAKING: Senate Judiciary Committee to Release Memo on FBI, Christopher Steele and Russia Dossier

Another document — an eight-page criminal referral filed with the Justice Department by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) — is also part of the GOP case.

While the FBI has been protesting the release of the Nunes memo, it has been working behind the scenes to vet a version of the Grassley-Graham memo, which is expected to be released in redacted form soon. The FBI is also seeking redactions to the Nunes memo, though it is not clear the White House or congressional Republicans will agree to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

...the "story" that this site and many others are purporting makes 0 sense.

Only because you are basing your conclusions on a faulty premise. Starting right here:

1st) The people calling for transparency don't want to lay out ALL the cards in regards to this memo. That would actually include the FISA warrant in question, the democratic response (which is annoying, I hate that this has been politicized), and any and all evidence in regards to this memo.

I am only one of many who has demanded the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I think the Dem memo should have been released simultaneously with the Nunes memo. I want the FISA application and warrant released, I want the IG report released, I want all witness statements released, I want all pertinent documents/records released... I want it all released! The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And let the chips fall where they may -- left/right, up/down, backwards/forwards. Whatever!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah

Too bad this memo didn't prove that huh? Sucks doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Good thing the dossier wasn't the compelling piece of evidence used for the warrant then isn't it?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I just be missing something foxy. Lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Wow I would have thought this much awaited memo would have garnered a little more interest. Whatsa madda? Not what everyone was expecting? I warned you...lol

Can you say backfire? I knew that you could...

Based on the post binge you seem to have enough interest for all of us.

I thinks it's a pay per post scheme...

Similar to the pay for play scheme except it's done on a much smaller scale and usually only in web forums.

correct the record
been going on since summer of 16
"no investigation" in to "her" just an "internal probe" and all that jazz
parrot for morning joe , trms, and hbos bill mahr
"shillyoldme"

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know the drill right?

Where did that info come from?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Whole lot of fuss over a memo that is only a brief summary of findings from a Congressional investigation. THEY are obviously terrified.

Thing is, by all accounts there's more yet to come. We've only just begun here. Mueller and team will carry on unimpeded for now. Phase 2 of the intelligence committee investigation and reportedly Senate judiciary committee results.

The facade concealing corruption at the highest levels has been cracked open giving us a peek inside. They need to bring the whole thing down so it ALL is exposed.

Why anyone, anywhere is opposed to any of this is strange to me. Seems like some people are fine with these egregious abuses of power as long as it fits within the objectives of their agendas.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

House Intelligence memo released: What it says

What it says.
It says that George Papadopolis' activities were what initiated the Russian investigation.
It says that the FBI was surveiling Carter Page for years before the Steele dossier.
( said surveillance being recently renewed under trump btw lol)
What it says is that trump knowingly hired a foreign agent who was under surveillance by the FBI to be one of his top campaign advisor.

Mostly what it says is trump put his confidence in Devin Nunes for a second time and for a second time he's made trump look foolish.

I do have concerns though. I have concerns that trump will fire Rod Rosenstein. He is probably fishing for a replacement with the right qualifications right now.
Those qualifications being 1) being able to kiss ass, 2) undying loyalty, 3) strings long enough for trump to control him from any distance. And 4) an ability to swallow a copious amount of bull#.

you address carter page but fail to mention the two failed attempts for surveillance on page and then third attempt with dossier poof here's your warrant. Did you leave that out because you wren't aware or don't see that as relevant?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

I didn't mention the four times it was approved either. Twice under trumps admin.
Right before they agreed to continue FISA 702 in an almost unanimous vote.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: keenmachine

I didn't mention the four times it was approved either. Twice under trumps admin.
Right before they agreed to continue FISA 702 in an almost unanimous vote.

You mean after the one given with the dossier?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

You're not the boss of me ...lol.
Worried?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
"John McCain blasts Nunes FISA memo release: 'If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin's job for him.'

edit on 3-2-2018 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Paul Krugman - Twitter - Feb. 3 - 6:47am, 2018

"This is much bigger than a Trump problem, one entire political party, half the political spectrum, now evidently holds democracy and rule of law in utter contempt. I don't know if America as we know it can survive. But if it does: never forget this moment."

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Paul Krugman - Twitter - Feb. 3 - 6:47am, 2018

"This is much bigger than a Trump problem, one entire political party, half the political spectrum, now evidently holds democracy and rule of law in utter contempt. I don't know if America as we know it can survive. But if it does: never forget this moment."

twitter.com...

Krugman is the guy who wrote "debt is bad" when George W. Bush was in office. Then he wrote "debt is good" when Obama was president and now he's back to "debt is bad" with Trump.

Quoting this partisan propagandist is laughable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join