It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Greven

Worry not Greven... Now that the DNC/Clinton puppy dogs (Comey and McCabe) are gone, new investigations will sort out who the "truly nefarious folks" are...

I welcome all wrongdoing being punished, regardless of party affiliation.

Only thing is, there ain't much to back up wrongdoing aside from what's happened to Trump's crew - even this memo is not particularly trustworthy.
edit on 21Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:26:18 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

If they were using the Dossier to help reup the FISA warrent on Page, the Page parts would be all that they need verified at that time.

Not really because the dossier was used to spy on other Trump officials, on Trump himself and to spy on the Trump corporation. We are only seeing the top of the iceberg.

I'm pretty sure Comey said Trump himself wasn't a target.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Again I say this.

First, if Mcabe did testify that the warrant would not have been gotten without the dossier, then it doesnt matter what other evidence there was.

First,
He didn't say those words, it has now been broadcast by MSM by at least two people of differing parties, who were there.

Second, the dossier was paid by the DNC after the Republican group had pulled out trying to get material in the same manner.

The rest of what you say is presumptious hyperbolic rhetorical waffle...which makes me think you are not just an annoyed punter at all.

link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
For all of you who only watch Fox, every other media outlet is laughing at you now. They just played Hannity's bloviating capillary popping opening, and the panel just burst out laughing together.

Yeah, just like when they were all laughing at the thought Trump could win the election.
They were laughing at us then also. Haven't you realized they are all deranged and always wrong by now. LOL

edit on 2/2/2018 by WhatTheory because: clarity

link   

a reply to: Scrubdog

You mean the same "leftwing media" which the leaked emails prove were colluding with the DNC and Clinton campaign to favor Hillary to the point that they gave Hillary all the questions they would ask her, so she would get ready to answer? Not only that, but these same leaked emails also prove that the Clinton campaign told left-wing journalists what questions to ask, and how to ask those questions to other candidates... Are those the "other media sources" you claim are laughing now?...

Not to mention, are you talking about the same "left-wing media" which claim President Trump is a tyrant, but these are the same "left-wing media" who have been working with Soros in proclaiming that demonetizing, and boycotting (and even making illegal) conservative sources in the name of "to combat fake news" is for the good of the nation?

It's obvious neither you, nor your beloved "left-wing media" have looked in the mirror to find who are the true "tyrants"...

So you've got nothing as a response?

Yes, everyone is laughing.

If Hillary had access to questions in our debates, sounds like our problem, but thx for the concern.

The tyrant is the man who told 517 votes from Congress that Russia didn't need sanctions. Ignoring the law is tyranny.

But thanks for the laugh boys.

What a run up!!

Bye. I don't have time for run of

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

To that, do you find it odd that sentencing has been postponed?

I mean, there's only one set of folks that this so far applies to... that would be former Trump associates.

Ah, yes, associates, but not Trump.

So was there a point to make with the R's using Fusion GPS long before the DNC? I was curious where that was going.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Biggest nothing burger ever. Nothing new, references a late October warrant that was never released or used politically, concerning Carter Page, who has plead guilty ...

Funny that was the same answer democrats have been giving after the memo was released, but these were the same democrats who after Congress had voted to declassify the memo were all claiming, "releasing the memo is going to affect the safety of our national security"...

The biggest "nothing" are the answers made by the same people who were trying their darndest to claim that releasing this memo was going to cause many problems to our national security...
edit on 2-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatTheory

For all of you who only watch Fox, every other media outlet is laughing at you now. They just played Hannity's bloviating capillary popping opening, and the panel just burst out laughing together.

Yeah, just like when they were all laughing because they thought there was no way Trump could win the election.
They were laughing at us then also. Haven't you realized they are all deranged and always wrong by now. LOL

guilty

We overestimated Americans
Underestimated Russians.

Why doesn't your president want to sanction the Russians for the 2016 meddling? Reported by 29 states, minimum? Worried he wouldn't have won without Russians?

A strong president would be busting the Russians' asses. Reagan wouldn't have cared if they caused his victory, he'd be sanctioning their asses up and down till they cried. Not trump. trump says Russians don't need sanctions, ignores 517 congressional votes.

Even McCain says Trump needs to get over himself.

But, yes, we were wrong that night.

Laughing hard tonight.

Theres nothing there, and even the people who want to see it there, Chris Wallace on Fox had nothing.

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Add to this the fact the FBI presented this on 4 separate occasions to the FISA court each time not revealing the Steele Dossier was unvetted again proves those who pushed the Steele Dossier to the FISA court are complicit in a conspiracy to usurp the sovereign powers of the US. This is a treasonous offense.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is a federal prosecutor. Of course she can only speculate about court room procedures in the FISA courts but she said at the federal level there is a fair amount of due diligence the affiant must provide when submitting information to be classified as evidence on the basis of obtaining warrants. She also said they must swear the information they are presenting is the truth.

This means whomever swore the Steele Dossier was truthful should go to prison.

That would be:

James Comey
Andrew McCabe
Sally Yates
Dana Boente
Rod Rosenstein

EDIT: The time frame the FBI had to correct their validation the Steele Dossier was false information was a total of 360 days. This means the FBI withheld from the FISA courts the fact the dossier was unsubstantiated and essentially rubbish for nearly a year.
edit on 2-2-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Underestimated Russians.

Worried he wouldn't have won without Russians?

A strong president would be busting the Russians' asses.

Still wondering why you've no credibility?

Curious, what was Obamas stance (or sit down) with Russia? Politically and privately? Did they all reflect the same message?

But, yes, we were wrong that night.

Try exchanging 'were' with STILL. Makes much more sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Oh good, more cheerleaders.

I ain't going to let someone slide by while accusing me of lying after making up what I wrote.

Again, you said this.

" The memo tries to build the case that the whole dossier is fake,"

The memo does not do this in any way.

It is trying to show the dossier was written and paid for by bias people, and that it was unverified and salacious when the warrant was applied for, and that the dossier was a big part if not most important part of that warrant.

But no where in the memo does it even suggest the whole dossier is fake.

For example, the dossier says that Page went to russia. So you are claiming that the memo is saying that is fake.

That is nowhere in the memo, and for you to claim that somehow the memo is saying this is an outright lie.

For you to then threaten people for pointing this out is laughable.

But please, show me in the memo where it says or implies the whole dossier is fake, and I will happily admit I am wrong.

I will repeat, since it seems you have missed things.

Are you feigning reading incomprehension now to go along with the libel? The entire thrust of the memo is to discredit the FISA warrant based on the Steele dossier. If the dossier were true then, how would that work, exactly?

After Steele was terminated, a source validation report conducted by an independent unit within the FBI assesed Steele's reporting as only minimally corroborated. Yet, in early January 2017, Directory Comey briefed President-elect Trump on a summary of the Steele dossier, even though it was - according to his June 2017 testimony - "salacious and unverified." While the FISA application relied on Steele's past record of credible reporting on other unrelated matters, it ignored or concealed his anti-Trump financial and ideological motivations. Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.

1) Claim dossier is minimally corroborated.
2) Claim Comey said it was "salacious and unverified."
3) Claim the FISA application ignored or concealed Steele's anti-Trump financial & ideological motivations.
4) Claim the FISA warrant was only sought with the Steele dossier information.

What the hell do you think that says, if it doesn't say what I wrote?

Also, what is up with the whole 'threat' thing? I don't have a #ing gun. I'm said I would contact the mods if you did not correct your post. The one that mischaracterized what I wrote.

Last I will comment on this.

Your post here is completely different than the quote I responded to, which said.

" The memo tries to build the case that the whole dossier is fake,"

As I showed, the memo never remotely said that.

It did say basically your #1, that it was minimally coorborated at the time of the warrant.

It did say #2 that comey said it was salacious and unverified.

It did say your number 3.

#4 it did not claim. It said that McCabe said that there would have been no warrant sought without the dossier.

None of your # 1 through #4 remotely said that the memo said the whole dossier was fake.

So before you call in to question my reading comprehension, and fly off about making reports to the mods, perhaps you ought to read what you said that I quited, and admit that you were wrong, no where did the memo remotely say the whole dossier was fake.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To say this is not bigger than Watergate is a flat out lie. To say this is not astronomically, and near infinitely worse than Watergate is going to sleep in the face of some of the most grave privacy concerns this nation has ever faced. Anyone discussing otherwise is moving the goalposts to such an extent that there will be no America worth lying to me about.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I mean, there's only one set of folks that this so far applies to... that would be former Trump associates.

So was there a point to make with the R's using Fusion GPS long before the DNC? I was curious where that was going.

No. The deal for Flynn was that he would cooperate and testify. Holding sentencing over his head is leverage.

It's something Nunes' memo clearly neglects to mention:

The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign... Steele... was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Cole and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to russia.

So, how much did Republicans pay Steele via Fusion GPS? We know they hired Fusion GPS, and we know Fusion GPS hired Steele. Steele had at least one memo out by June 2016; Republicans just dropped Fusion GPS in May 2016, and it takes time to get information together.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Again I say this.

First, if Mcabe did testify that the warrant would not have been gotten without the dossier, then it doesnt matter what other evidence there was.

First,
He didn't say those words, it has now been broadcast by MSM by at least two people of differing parties, who were there.

Second, the dossier was paid by the DNC after the Republican group had pulled out trying to get material in the same manner.

The rest of what you say is presumptious hyperbolic rhetorical waffle...which makes me think you are not just an annoyed punter at all.

If Mcacabe didnt say that then that is a worthwhile argument. I will not take this memo at its word, I want to see proof before I believe it to. But I wont trust the MSM anymore than nunes.

As far as saying what I said with the rest was presumptuous, I disagree. I will just take this as an admission that you have nothing to say in response, and so instead have elected to brush it aside.
edit on 2-2-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Even McCain says Trump needs to get over himself.

He has brain damage. Who cares what that douche says.

Laughing hard tonight.

Good!
The fall just like on election night will be delicious. It's a hard lessen to learn.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I welcome all wrongdoing being punished, regardless of party affiliation.

i agree with that.

Only thing is, there ain't much to back up wrongdoing aside from what's happened to Trump's crew - even this memo is not particularly trustworthy.

Wrong, as i have stated this wasn't the only thing that Congress read. Senators have a security clearance that allows them to read documentation that either corroborates, or denies the memo. Since Congress decided to declassify the memo, it is obvious the charges made in the memo are corroborated by classified information which right now cannot be made public.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Biggest nothing burger ever. Nothing new, references a late October warrant that was never released or used politically, concerning Carter Page, who has plead guilty ...

I am sure all you here dying to "get to the bottom of what the department is up to" are anxious to get the Democratic memo released, correct?? The one not written by the White House?

That's all you got?

Pathetic.

well the first thing you said here is not true.

Please link to me Page pleading guilty to anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

No. The deal for Flynn was that he would cooperate and testify. Holding sentencing over his head is leverage.

Source? Flynn would be in the unique position to dictate the terms (mostly) of his compliance.
It's serious on paper, but in practice, not so much. www.law.cornell.edu...

So, how much did Republicans pay Steele via Fusion GPS?

Source?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Listen, all I know is that there is enough smoke to investigate. Sounds like the OIG was handed that job today.

Could it all be bull#? Maybe, but I'm having a hard time seeing the context that would make using material of dubious value to violate someone's 4th amendment rights would include. Knowing information and your informant had a bias and was being paid to shop the info he collected, and using an article he "leaked" to prop up the validity is bad. If McCabe admitted the dossier drove the application (I'll wait for the transcript) after previous attempts were denied, then it is a big problem for me. They've been watching him since 2013 and they didn't have anything actionable to put in front of the court and needed a paid political hit job to get a warrant? Please (that doesn't mean Page is righteous. I have no idea. It doesn't matter). Plus the whole angle that they would have to show Page was a foreign agent to use FISA collection-- an alleged meeting contained within an unverified dossier paid for by a political party/campaign was sufficient? Is that where we are all comfortable setting the bar for Trump's administration? We really want Trump wieding the power to hire a PI to dig dirt on a 2020 opponent and to send that data to a court and use an online bit from Yahoo that the PI plants as verification of the memo in order to surveil people connected to that campaign? Is anyone D,R, or I comfortable with this?!
Where was this decision made? Because the optics of everything that's been released so far are terrible. The executive branch used an oppo hit piece to surveil an American citizen-- who just happened to be connected to the other party's presidential campaign. I look forward to the minority response, and I hope we get the actual warrant eventually. Let's expose the FISA sham for what it is. And I don't care what the letter next to people's names are, let's start tossing them in cells when they violate the rights of US citizens.

ETA: the fact that McCain -- who became the public face of the dossier and handed it over to the FBI, remember?-- wants this to go away doesn't surprise me in the least.
edit on 2-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's something Nunes' memo clearly neglects to mention:

The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign... Steele... was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Cole and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to russia.

So, how much did Republicans pay Steele via Fusion GPS? We know they hired Fusion GPS, and we know Fusion GPS hired Steele. Steele had at least one memo out by June 2016; Republicans just dropped Fusion GPS in May 2016, and it takes time to get information together.

Your dates are slightly but significantly off. They paid Steele ZERO monies. Fusion GPS was fired in March and the DNC hired them in June and paid Steele for the dossier.

Steel filed this in a London court.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join