It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
6 unanswered questions.

Most of which could be cleared up if we are allowed to see the evidence.

www.dailywire.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: underwerks

Is that right!?

Let me direct you to Xcath's comment, it is nice and succinct!

originally posted by: Xcathdra
So there was no other source information used in conjunction with the dossier. The dossier ALONE was used to obtain the FISA warrant - ILLEGALLY.

I'm not sure it's accurate that the dossier was the lone evidence presented to the FISC. However, Fox is reporting it was the top piece of evidence listed.

If this was their top piece of evidence, anything else cited must have been nothing. I would go with a crank call as my top piece of evidence before I listed this garbage.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
I tell this to my kids all the time, "You can't trust the Government. I know I sound crazy ; But it's true. You can't just trust the Government, because it's made up of people."

America... where the comedians speak more truth than the MSM & politicians...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

6 unanswered questions.

Most of which could be cleared up if we are allowed to see the evidence.

www.dailywire.com...

Most of the information we need is still classified. As I pointed out earlier in the thread though, the part about McCabe saying they couldn't have gotten the warrant without the dossier is effectively declassified. So every news agency should be reaching out to him to comment specifically about that part of it. He still can't talk about other parts of his classified testimony, but since that part is now revealed to the public he can talk about it, whether it's to confirm or deny it.

Let's go media.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah, this is just a memo, no facts, just opinions of the guy who wrote the memo.

I need to see more facts than this to be impressed?

It looks like just an attempt to sway popular opinion.

Why is Trump so afraid of the investigation into him that he's resorting to all this?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm not sure it's accurate that the dossier was the lone evidence presented to the FISC.

As I understand it, McCabe stated under oath that the FISA warrant would not have been approved without the Steele dossier. Am I mistaken on this?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: soberbacchus

I can't answer that, and yes it was verified ; Are not the same thing.

While I might be confused, it does happen I cannot deny it ; I am not a liar.

Apologies for suggesting you were lying.

Of course you were likely just ignorant of the truth.

McCabe, Comey et al. have never said the Dossier was "Unverified"
They have said some parts were "salacious and unverified" aka Golden Shower.

But they have not said the Dossier entire was unverified.

Example:

At the time of your departure from the FBI, was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the steel document?

COMEY: Mr. Chairman, I don't think that's a question I can answer in an open setting because it goes into the details of the investigation
Transcript Comey Testimony

"Deny Ignorance"

It was a motto ATS had once upon a time when Facts weren't subject to disdain and morals weren't a demanded sacrifice by the Partisan Gods of Politics.

Deny Ignorance was not a partisan challenge then, it was a noble agreement between people with different beliefs.

So sure, maybe you were ignorant that Comey never said the Dossier wasn't verified.
And sure, I get that the news you read and the forum you are on sells that kind of misleading claims.

I guess I just miss a forum full of people that disagreed, but agreed to Deny Ignorance

Good luck to Trump supporters here.

Mueller is wrapping up and by all reports it is going to "unprecedented".

know when the SHTF I will be thinking and feeling for all here that have their worldview rocked.

Checking out from this circus for a while.

edit on 2-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Right: this is the smoking gun

The Left: This is nothing, we have the smoking gun about "muh Russia hysteria"

The Right: That is nothing we have the smoking gun, here is proof

The Left: that is fake news we have the smoking gun, here is the proof

etc

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: face23785

I'm not sure it's accurate that the dossier was the lone evidence presented to the FISC.

As I understand it, McCabe stated under oath that the FISA warrant would not have been approved without the Steele dossier. Am I mistaken on this?

TheRedneck

That's what the memo claims. What I'm saying is, he needs to be asked to verify that. The session in which he supposedly said that was classified, so we can't see the transcript unless they go through the process to declassify it. But since that part of it was already revealed by declassifying this memo, he could legally confirm or deny whether he said that.

ETA: It wouldn't surprise me. As Grambler pointed out earlier, there was an attempt to get a FISA warrant earlier in 2016 that failed. Then they get the dossier, and they get approved. On the face of it, sounds like the dossier was instrumental, although that certainly doesn't prove it. Fox reported the dossier was the top piece of evidence used on the application that got approved. If that's true it's a huge story.
edit on 2 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Yeah, this is just a memo, no facts, just opinions of the guy who wrote the memo.

I need to see more facts than this to be impressed?

It looks like just an attempt to sway popular opinion.

Why is Trump so afraid of the investigation into him that he's resorting to all this?

You understand Trump didn't write this right? Nunes is a known Trump fan but he didn't unilaterally vote to release this memo. The committee voted to release it and then legal experts and DOJ analysts had to review it to approve it for release.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes. An oppo hit piece created by a man who hated Trump, paid for by political opponents (and the FBI?), sold by the people who hired the wife of a senior Justice official concurrently, and whose verification was so weak it apparently references an online news bit leaked by the same creator as "evidence" of veracity.

It was not a hit piece. It was an opposition research piece that was not meant for public publication. A hit piece is.

It's sort of a Big deal. Not as BIG(currently) as people were perhaps hoping/fearing, but Big. Enough to warrant independent investigation. I look forward to seeing the Dem memo and what, if anything, the FBI and Justice are able to provide to give us the "context" we are missing.

Yes, context is a big deal.

I think we should look for proper context before we jump too far.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

etc

One or the other is lying, or both are. At this point we shouldn't even listen to either side and view the evidence.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes. An oppo hit piece created by a man who hated Trump, paid for by political opponents (and the FBI?), sold by the people who hired the wife of a senior Justice official concurrently, and whose verification was so weak it apparently references an online news bit leaked by the same creator as "evidence" of veracity.

It was not a hit piece. It was an opposition research piece that was not meant for public publication. A hit piece is.

It's sort of a Big deal. Not as BIG(currently) as people were perhaps hoping/fearing, but Big. Enough to warrant independent investigation. I look forward to seeing the Dem memo and what, if anything, the FBI and Justice are able to provide to give us the "context" we are missing.

So the guy who wrote it (Steele) didn't intend it for public release? The same guy (Steele) who leaked a bunch of the contents to Yahoo News?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

etc

Truth remains truth.

Facts remain facts.

Neither care about your politics or mine.

Trumps certain agenda the past year has been to convince as many people as possible that feelings and opinions are more important than facts.

Like emotions, that thinking will always win in the short term.

But just as certain is the truth that facts always prevail in the long run.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Why is the DNC so afraid of this memo that they are screaming to high heaven on every airwave they can squeeze onto? Shiff, Pelosi, Schumer...all of them are screaming bloody murder.

Your narrative is false. This was an official memo adopted by the House Intelligence Committee, which comprises 13 Republicans and 9 Democrats. It was made available to and voted on by the entire US House of Representatives. 5 FBI agents reviewed the memo and verified there was nothing in it untrue, as did DoJ officials. All Trump did was allow it to be declassified.

The Democrats' corresponding memo will be released soon enough. It has to go through the exact same process, which has already been started. I want to see it too, to see what these Screaming Meanies are screaming about. It is possible there are omissions, but the indications thus far are pretty damning IMO. And in any event, no one in the know has stated that anything in the memo was untrue, only that it was somehow incomplete.

That means the FBI abused the FISA courts. Period. Why does not matter to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Did anyone point out yet where anyone confirmed that any of the dossier was verified at all?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Trumps certain agenda the past year has been to convince as many people as possible that feelings and opinions are more important than facts.

Facts remain facts. This isn't a fact, however, just an attribution of motive without any evidence to back it up.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

So in this case, we are led to believe that the only reason the FISA request was approved was the dossier. Again the key words here are led to believe. This 'memo' is nothing but pure speculation as to what evidence was presented and which evidence led to the approval being granted.

If we happened to have the FISA request itself this is a completely different day. Until then, regardless of what anyone says is that there is smoke here that needs attention. This 'memo' isn't the revelation everyone said it would be, however it isn't quite a nothing burger either. It is much like all the speculation around Russian tampering. A lot of smoke with no definitive proof yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Painterz

The Democrats' corresponding memo will be released soon enough. It has to go through the exact same process, which has already been started.

This is actually a key piece, because the other day Schiff came to the media complaining that they were gonna release the Republican memo without releasing the Democrat memo, which was purposefully misleading to the public. He knew damn well their memo had to go through the same process and couldn't just be released by a wave of the hand. He was trying to make it seem like Republicans were stopping them from rebutting the Republican memo. The Democrats today released a statement (which totally debunks the idea that they were being silenced somehow) and their own memo will be released shortly. All they did was show more dishonesty and attempts to mislead people.
edit on 2 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Yeah, that must have been it, which would also explain how the original FISA warrant was signed years before Steele's portion of the document was included.......

Which demonstrates the failure of any agency to act in a timely manner,
The FBI had all of this information years ago, way before Trump was on the scene.

The only explanation is the Special Counsel is The Insurance Policy
that was tossed out in Andrew McCabes office.

Time will prove this, wait and see.

That's the next big reveal....after the IG report.

What will McCabe and all the other people who were at the " insurance policy" meeting testify to?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join