It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Grambler

If it is true that the fisa warrant on page wouldnt have been approved without the dossier, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

I have been saying for months, that this would be Obama using paid for oppo research from his own party to spy on his opponent with the intel community, which is far more serious than something like watergate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does the memo say anything about Carter Page already being under. FISA warrant since 2014, prior to the Steele Dossier due to his involvement with known Russian spies? The FISA warrant was renewed since then, and the dossier was merely corroborating evidence that Carter still needed surveillance.

Here. The Washington Examiner from August 2017: Link

The warrant from page in 2014 was long since done.

In fact, the FBI attempted to get a fisa warrant on page in the summer of 2016, and in an almost unprecedented move, was denied by the court.

So the 2014 warrant is irrelevant.

It would be like me getting a warrant in 2014 to go into a drug dealers house, and then using that as an excuse to be improper about getting another warrant in 2016.

Ok. If was not continuous...Sooo do you think that his former surveillance might have played a factor in reestabilishing it? Does this memo give us all the facts or cherry picked facts to allow the Right to go nuts over a conspiracy theory?

I’m betting the second. In which case it is a lie.

That's not really relevant. Those named still lied to a judge by omission in order to get a FISA warrant.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of coarse Obama was spying on everybody. We knew this in 2012.

So was Bush and Ashcroft who has many fake fisa applications.

Fisa is a problem. It's the disease.

Yup and again it was the Obama administration behind this current mess.
edit on 2-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
There has been collusion, it's been proved, and it's been Trump's team at various times..

originally posted by: pavil
Ok I'll bite

Please show me the collusion you know for a fact.

Since 2015 Trump associates had got intelligent services attention.
Between 2015 to mid 2016 GCHQ passed information to the US on those people.
In Europe sigint; Germany, Estonia and Poland passed on information, so did France and Holland. Australia too got in on the act. At first it was routine, but by mid 2016 it had become a pattern of exchanges and US intel were already well informed by then. More to the point, those who have charges against them were subject to that intel that had already been garnered, and the Steele Dossier only helped confirm those parts that were relevant.
while some of what Fusion had was then just confirmation, fusion has other stuff, in particular bank account records, maybe other records I don't know about that, but the bank accounts he did pass over to the house committees in camera, and it seems nothing has been heard about them since, nobody's talking...although Mueller is reported to be looking at bank accounts...they may or may not be the same ones.
Since all the info came from foreign intel, that really leaves Obama miles away from being Mr Nosey, (mind you we did have a very hoaxy thread here about a forged letter between UK departments about Obama looking for a continuation on spying)
....seems like some activista are getting desperate...but there you go, there are lies and there are damned stupid lies.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Let's just chill for a minute.

Can someone explain how a Yahoo News article has anything to do with this?

The memo says that the September 23 2016 fisa application for carter page cited a yahoo news story as corroboration for the dossier.

However, the Yahoo story by Michael Isikoff used steele as his source.

In other words, the FBI used steeles dossier to try to get a fisa warrant, and used a yahoo story that was based on Steele himself to corrborate the dossier.

Which means they used steele to confirm steeles story, which is outrageous.

I didn't like how the FBI was *kind of* absolved of wrongdoing in this part of the memo. The memo makes it sound like Steele didn't disclose that he talked to Yahoo, and so the FBI just didn't have the info to include in the FISA warrant application.

It's as if they weren't/aren't expected to go the extra step to find out who gave the info to Isikoff for the story before it was used in the FISA application. To me, it seems obvious that it came from Steele. Did the FBI ask Steele if he talked to Yahoo? Did they ask Isikoff about his source? This memo makes it seem like the FBI were victims to a rogue source who just kept them in the dark.

That wasn't the only part of the memo that made me feel like everyone is going to make Steele the scapegoat.

I dunno....I have this weird feeling that the FBI drafted the memo. It reads as watered-down to minimize damage to the FBI, and then the Democrats will follow with their memo and drown it completely.

I know the FBI is far dirtier than what's in this memo.

Patrick Knowlton's story is a testament to how corrupt, thuggish, and dirty the FBI really is (witness in the Vince Foster investigation). And Congress made sure that they protected the FBI's corrupt methods, back then. They're doing the same now. Congress wants a corrupt FBI.

But, then...I didn't expect the memo to really take the FBI to task, anyway.

edit on 2/2/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If it is true that the fisa warrant on page wouldnt have been approved without the dossier, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

I have been saying for months, that this would be Obama using paid for oppo research from his own party to spy on his opponent with the intel community, which is far more serious than something like watergate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does the memo say anything about Carter Page already being under. FISA warrant since 2014, prior to the Steele Dossier due to his involvement with known Russian spies? The FISA warrant was renewed since then, and the dossier was merely corroborating evidence that Carter still needed surveillance.

Here. The Washington Examiner from August 2017: Link

The warrant from page in 2014 was long since done.

In fact, the FBI attempted to get a fisa warrant on page in the summer of 2016, and in an almost unprecedented move, was denied by the court.

So the 2014 warrant is irrelevant.

It would be like me getting a warrant in 2014 to go into a drug dealers house, and then using that as an excuse to be improper about getting another warrant in 2016.

Ok. If was not continuous...Sooo do you think that his former surveillance might have played a factor in reestabilishing it? Does this memo give us all the facts or cherry picked facts to allow the Right to go nuts over a conspiracy theory?

I’m betting the second. In which case it is a lie.

Well if his former survellance was so relevant, why did the fisa court deny the fisrt warrant in the summer of 2016 against him?

Again, this lends to what McCabe supposedly said, that there would have been no warrant without the dossier.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There is no such crime as collusion in the federal body of law (criminal).

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yep unfortunately there is no legal claims made in this memo. There is no legal recourse.

And they just failed to debate the fisa amendment a couple weeks ago. Unless they can get some testimony or records of actual lies.

Even so they caught 75 fbi agents under ashcroft and there was no legal recourse except to ban some from the application process.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
For once this isn't a Democratic or Republican problem, but an American one. Nothing short of our Constitutional protections and liberties are at stake here.

After all, what is to stop Trump (or a future President) from doing the exact same BS? And if the party of that hypothetical President were to retain power through such dishonest means, where are the checks & balances needed to prevent them from quietly sweeping it under the rug?

Why aren't more of you talking like this?

edit on 2-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

I don't think it's the Trump haters that just got played by the GOP memo release.

Sure didn't.

Because it was ALL laid out here.

Pre memo.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, according to your source (Wikipedia), "In October 2015, during the Republican primary campaign, The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website primarily funded by Republican donor Paul Singer, hired the American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates.[1] For months, Fusion GPS gathered information about Trump, focusing on his business and entertainment activities. When Trump became the presumptive nominee on May 3, 2016, The Free Beacon stopped funding research on him"

So it was a conservative website, funded by a Republican donor, that initiated the gathering of this information?

I thought it was Killary who started this Dossier nonsense.

link   
Anti climatic .

link   
a reply to: luthier

Then you need to reread the memo since it lays out several legal violations.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No, Comey's statement was that the dossier was salacious and unverified.

He didn't state "parts"...

And you ignored the most important part, the fact he stated the dossier as a whole was unverified.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Yeah, that must have been it, which would also explain how the original FISA warrant was signed years before Steele's portion of the document was included.......

Which demonstrates the failure of any agency to act in a timely manner,
The FBI had all of this information years ago, way before Trump was on the scene.

The only explanation is the Special Counsel is The Insurance Policy
that was tossed out in Andrew McCabes office.

Time will prove this, wait and see.

It's also irrelevant. That warrant was issued in 2013, Page was investigated, and nothing was done. That warrant expired. Then in 2016 they asked for a new warrant based primarily on this dossier. Even bringing up the 2013 warrant is irrelevant, it's misdirection. That's like using the fact that someone was convicted of theft 5 years ago to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant for that person's apartment in a new case, without any other evidence.

Worse. It's like using a three year old investigation that turned up nothing actionable even after being granted a FISA warrant. Why is the court going to give you another go without something substantial that is new.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

I don't think it's the Trump haters that just got played by the GOP memo release.

Sure didn't.

Because it was ALL laid out here.

Pre memo.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, according to your source (Wikipedia), "In October 2015, during the Republican primary campaign, The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website primarily funded by Republican donor Paul Singer, hired the American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates.[1] For months, Fusion GPS gathered information about Trump, focusing on his business and entertainment activities. When Trump became the presumptive nominee on May 3, 2016, The Free Beacon stopped funding research on him"

So it was a conservative website, funded by a Republican donor, that initiated the gathering of this information?

I thought it was Killary who started this Dossier nonsense.

A Republican donor started paying Fusion for opposition research during the primary. They then bowed out after Trump won the nomination, and the Clinton campaigned picked up where they left off. It was after this that the dossier came about.

link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

No, it was likely McCain who started it. None of the illegal activity started until Clinton took over though.

link   

It does not really. Can you show me maybe I missed them.

link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

From what I understand, the opposition research in to Trump began with a republican source and once Trump got the nomination, the republican source stopped the research and a lawyer for the DNC/Hillary campaign picked it back up. Which eventually led to the dossier's creation.
edit on 2-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: luthier

Then you need to reread the memo since it lays out several legal violations.

What makes you think he read it in the first place? CNN's synopsis is probably good enough for him, who needs to actually be informed?

link   
What if the memo narrative is a lie?

What if you are being manipulated into believing malfeasance on the part of the FBI and DOJ when there is none?

Please give me an honest answer to this.

link   
Wow, unhinged much?

This thread has offered some great insight into the minds of the TRULY partisan bound.

Everything will be okay my fellow american neighbors.

Stay classy.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join