It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: projectvxn

It's a shame that pictures of a bunch of men jerking each other off would violate the T&C's because that is a picture of what all you posters look like yammering on about this memo that will change nothing.

You would have photos like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's a shame that pictures of a bunch of men jerking each other off would violate the T&C's because that is a picture of what all you posters look like yammering on about this memo that will change nothing.

I see you've resorted to class.

Can't take a little ribbing, so you resort to vulgarity.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.

I can see that.

That USIC was caught with its pants down? That's an odd sentiment because on the one hand, you're essentially saying that they're not doing their jobs but on the other hand, that doing their jobs — investigating said interference — is politically motivated. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, no?

That all of a sudden Russian election interference has everyones hair on fire. As if this hasn't been going on since the end of WWII, if not earlier. As if we don't do it all over the world. As if the entire world doesn't do it here, and to each other. That this is all new, and all of a sudden must be investigated.

Because, honestly...yes. They were caught with their pants down. You saw social media, the same as me. All those BS stories and ads pushed through social media, and no one saw it coming? No one hardened our systems against it in advance? Now, after its all done, something must be done despite the fact that decades of the same nonsense have occured?

And oh...look...it just happens that Trump has business dealings in Russia. So this new (old) threat seems related to the new POTUS. No, the reason to investigate has nothing to do with Trump and the fact that the established government was obviously (as evidenced) out to get him. No, this is about the newfound worry with the sanctity of our electoral system.

LMAO!!!!

Explain again what about the surveillance of Carter Page was, "cooking up fake information" let along doing so "to throw the elected president under the bus?" That's not even an allegation that's seriously on the table after reading the memo. The allegation is essentially that the FBI/DOJ officials who composed the FISA warrant didn't adequately inform the FISC judge as to the nature of some of the information that was included in the warrant application.

"As to the nature" meaning "made up and then sold for a profit to the FBI, who knew it was made up".

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Its funny, the very same people poo pooing this are the same ones that will burst a blood vessel in 3 years when the republicans do it... and they will if we do not hold people accountable.

This information and hopefully more being out there in the open for people to see should help us stop this from happening to any party.

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Your informed thoughts on this issue have been much welcomed.

As the above post illustrates.

Thank you so much for your deep thoughts.

Stay classy.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: soberbacchus

Try improving your reading skills.

When he was asked about that McCabe said they could only confirm Page traveled to Russia but did not know why or who he met.

Are you lying? Of severely confused?

Where did McCabe say "they could only confirm Page traveled to Russia but did not know why or who he met"

McCabe was asked to point to anything in the dossier that he knew to be true. McCabe noted that the dossier said, accurately, that the unpaid, low-level Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page visited Moscow in July 2016.

McCabe's questioners were not impressed. Page's Moscow trip was reported in the press at the time it happened; the simple fact that he was in Russia was not a revelation. Lawmakers reminded McCabe that Page's presence in Moscow was long established and then asked again: Was there anything more in the dossier that McCabe now knows to be true? McCabe, according to sources, said he did not know how to answer the question.

edit on 2-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Haven't we? Then why are all of our records being collected and indexed, just waiting for a future-event (aka an excuse) to review our entire digital lives?

I thought only criminals those suspected of crimes got investigated.... that's how it worked when I was LE, anyhow.

The Russia investigation BS doesn't even meet the bare minimum threshold of "reasonable suspicion" Biggest house of lying cards I've ever seen. Looks like Clinton (sorry, her "lawyers") paid Steele + another liar to cooberate one another's claims. Amazing how nobody except Clinton agents were able to uncover any evidence..........hmmmmmmm

And liberals wonder why Hillary Clinton is one of the most hated people in America.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What the Hell kind of mental gynasticks is that?

PAGE LEFT THE CAMPAIGN. How the eff is Trump guilty of snip?

I don't even know how to respond to that because it doesn't appear to be a response to what I said. Where in that post did I say that Trump was guilty of anything? Asktheanimals said:

"to spy on the President-elect Donald Trump and his campaign."

I simply pointed out that Carter Page left the campaign a month before the FISA warrant. So no, when they applied for that warrant, it actually couldn't have been "to spy on the President-elect Donald Trump and his campaign." Also, the warrant was before the election so that's false as well and of critical importance is that there was that none of this actually has anything to do with spying on Donald Trump.

So yeah, it was a whole bunch of nonsense.

That said, I didn't blame Trump for anything. I don't even blame him for having Putin shills like Carter Page on his team during the campaign, he didn't personally vet or hire Page nor did he apparently do much of any interacting with Page. I do blame him for hiring Paul Manafort though and for keeping Rick Gates around. He definitely should have known better than that #.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Your informed thoughts on this issue have been much welcomed.

As the above post illustrates.

Thank you so much for your deep thoughts.

Stay classy.

It's what you guys want right? Liberals throthing at the mouth? I mean why didn't you call out that poster I responded to for trolling me? Probably because he's your teammate.

Stay partisan
edit on 2-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Grambler

It is up to you but the person you are responding to does this in these threads. Runs the conversation in circles in hopes of burying the relevant info we are discussing.

We should probably just let it go and stop responding so we dont help derail the thread.

Your choice of course.

I attempt to respond to anyone that I think are making relevant points, regardless of their bias.

I too have biases, and hope people give me that benefit of the doubt.

At least this user is posting relevant points, even if I think they are flat out wrong.

Beets the people here just saying we are all circle jerking.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

/thejoke

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i dont know whats worse.....

all this corruption, or the people who dont care b/c they have TDS

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nobody is ganging up on anyone. Although it is frustrating to see so many cases of rectocranial inversion syndrome.

How can one ignore the blatant and obvious abuses? Are you really claiming the Clinton campaign and her agents (those she paid/employed) didn't have a conflict of interest? Steele admitted to having extreme biases against Trump, as did the FBI agents who used his material to attack Trump.

How is this not obvious...? Keeping a closed mind out of confirmation bias is wrong. Not attacking you, but what you're doing is wrong. It is unethical, it is irresponsible and sets a dangerous precedent chilling our protections against unwarranted government intrusion and ESPECIALLY political retribution.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I see you've resorted to class.

Can't take a little ribbing, so you resort to vulgarity.

Says the guy participating in a gang up on any liberal posters who post in a thread. "ALLL it's all in good fun friend! Can't you take a joke?" #ing calling card of an asshole bully that is. You lowered the bar into the mud to begin with, so I threw some back. Deal with it.

Personification of "triggered".

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That all of a sudden Russian election interference has everyones hair on fire. As if this hasn't been going on since the end of WWII, if not earlier.

The biggest flaw to their so called argument is. The popular vote doesn't determine our elections.

The EC does.

Doesn't stop them though.

They keep pushing, it and pushing it expecting everyone to buy their bull snip.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AboveBoard

No. He’s been under surveillance since 2014.

Because it isn't true.

The FBI obtained a secret court order last summer to monitor the communications of an adviser to presidential candidate Donald Trump, part of an investigation into possible links between Russia and the campaign, law enforcement and other U.S. officials said.

DX

Annnd I'm trying to tell you that he was under surveillance re: his interactions with Russian spies since at least 2014, if not 2013. He's been on the radar of the CI for many years, and prior to being involved in Trump's campaign.

Link

Hillary clinton and her team were under FBI investigation in the past, so there should be no problem with Trump being able to wiretap and spy on them now.

Thats the standard you are suggesting right?

Moreover there are different types of "surveillance". So even if the FBI was surveiling him prior to the warrant application in 2016, it wouldn't make the warrant for that specific application null. The FBI can sit outside his house in a blue sedan and follow him everywhere he goes. That's surveillance. That doesn't need a warrant. Hoovering up his electronic data and phone calls do need a warrant.
So even if you say, they were watching him from 2013 (true as far as it goes), it really just makes it worse that they needed the dossier to get the FISA warrant. You surveilled him over 2 yrs and you still had zero on him that constituted probable cause for the FISA warrant. Hmm

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I simply pointed out that Carter Page left the campaign a month before the FISA warrant.

Tell us about the Fisa warrants on Dennis Rodman,Michael Moore,Sean Penn, and Oliver Stone.

Ya know them foreign spies.

Since Travel is the only metric needed to get them.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

You are smart enough to know the truth.

Which kind of makes trying to share facts a moot point.

The Dossier was pretty damn spot on with Page, the execs he met with, the time and place, the exact topics discussed (Sanctions and Rosneft Deal).

You said all it proved was that he went to Russia.

As for this memo.

You guys can rally behind it, but it really is a nothing burger.

Trump can try and use it to have a Saturday Night Massacre...and I can of hope he does.

What is coming is not great for Trump or Supporters in my opinion.

new topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join