It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Investigations into foreign meddling? You mean we pay them all that money and it never occured to them before that this was going on? After we do it ourselves, the theives didn't even think to lock their doors?

Of course it should be investigated and monitored. Should have been all along. The fact that it wasn't is a HUGE black eye to the Federal Government to begin with.

So with that said...why would that translate into cooking up fake information to throw the elected president under the bus?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

the accusations in this memo represent a truly horrendous picture of how the US govt operates. More detail must be provided.

Agreed.

This is my quote from another thread a few days ago.

My guess is that the memo shows obama using laws instituted during Bush jrs. time. Stuff like the patriot act. And that none of us will like that he did that because If I remember correctly no one liked the Patriot act or the fact that bush was spying on americans like never before. But, like it or not , the memo will show that obama DIDN"T brake any laws. This is going to show that obama was doing things allowed by our laws that really look bad. But nothing criminal. And if I am right I hope that we all take a moment to understand that trump has those same legal spying actions that he can take. And that the real conversation we should be having is the one about what powers our government has given itself .

link   

Dude, you're trying too hard.

THINK, do you really want to be on the WRONG side of all of this?

If so, good luck.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So I wonder how many people read the letter from the White House that came along with the Memo that contained this sentence?

To be clear, the Memorandum reflects the judgments of its congressional authors. The President understands that oversight concerning matters related to the Memorandum may be continuing.

Almost like even the White House is admitting this memo is full of bias and not the full picture.

Enjoy your big Nothingburger today Trump supporters.

No, more like "Almost like even the White House is admitting that this is the tip of the iceberg, and congress is working to uncover the full picture"

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

When the FBI agents who changed the wording of Comeys exoneration letter and removed criminal terminology are the same FBI agents who lied to the court about the Dossier to go after Trump.

Yes - its political.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

LMAO!!!
Thank you for bringing appropriate levels of humor into these discussions, KS. I truly appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Great. Now what specific part are Democrats saying are completely false?

link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
TLDR version:
The FBI and Democratic party used Fusion GPS to obtain fraudulent warrants from the FISA court to spy on the President-elect Donald Trump and his campaign.

Mueller, Comey, McCabe and many top Democrats colluded on this.

I can see why you would think this (on account of it being totally inaccurate and pushing a false narrative to drive Trump's agenda). But the god damn memo stated the FISA court warrant was originally issued before the Fusion GPS report.....

That would before YOU saw dossier, but it was written before the October FISA warrant.

link   

originally posted by: proximo

This means the Intelligence community can spy on any US citizen with no repercussions if this is allowed to continue.

NSA already spys on everyone.

It's not the spying that's the problem, it's the lying.

If you're not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't be concerned about the spying.

Unfortunately, when that spying is being misused, and details about you discovered by the spying is being "cherry picked" to construct lies about you, for some political gain. That's the problem, right?

edit on 2-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
The really problem here is not the FISC....it is that all who signed for this at the FBI and DoJ knew they weren't forthcoming with all information pertinent to the warrant and still signed to get it through.

That is corruption at its best!

i didn't know you worked at this FISA court....please tell us all the pertinent information contained in those warrants that you have, that prompts you to label this "corruption at it's best"?........

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yes there was russian interfernce, as there has been for decades.

Funny that Obama and the dems laughed at thios in 2012.

Funny that the dossier, that cites Kremlin officials, was apparently used as a reason to spy on people that were in trumps team.

So I assume you would be for fisa warrants on all of those in the dnc and hillarys team that paid for and used that kremlin sourced dossier?

Why isnt that occuring? Why does it seem like only trumps team needs to be investigated for russian interference?

Why has the FBI still not looked at the single most important piece of physical evidence, the DNC server?

It seems like the intel community is only concerned about russian interference up to the point that democrats are involved, then they lose their interest.

link   

Pretty much this, the democrats "memo" will be the same thing. The real fun is in the full 60-100 page document release if we can get that.
edit on 2-2-2018 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

link   
And here we are;

Anti-Trump/CNN/MSNBC; Memo is a lie, everyone is innocent except Trump. Impeach 45. Death to America. Blah blah blah.

Everyone else; Oh wow. Looks like there was corrupt activity going on with the FBI/DOJ and the Obama White House.

Nothing has changed.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

To be clear

You stand by this?

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

That carter page travelled to Russian when it was stated. Thats the only thing that has been found provable within the Dossier.

Because the text of the Dossier and Carter Pages Congressional testimony are both publicly available.

let me know if you want to see them.

The part you are leaving out is in congressional testimony is that yes, Page went to Russia, however after that they could not say why he was there, who he met with, what was discussed etc.

Full on False

DOSSIER

"Sechin's associate said that the Rosneft president was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page and his associates the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatised) stake in Rosneft," the dossier said. "In return, Page had expressed interest and confirmed that were Trump elected US president, then sanctions on Russia would be lifted."

TRUMP advisor Carter PAGE holds secret meetings in Moscow with

SECHIN and senior Kremlin Internal Affairs official, DIVYEKIN

raises issues of future bilateral US-Russia energy co-operation
and associated lifting ofwestern sanctions against Russia over Ukraine.

PAGE TESTIMONY

But then, under questioning, Page admitted that during that trip, he met with one of Sechin’s subordinates — Andrey Baranov, the head of investor relations at Rosneft, with whom he had a preexisting relationship.

Page went on to admit that they may have discussed sanctions in “general” terms, and that they might have discussed the planned sale of a large stake in Rosneft because it was “in the news.”

www.vox.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Again, the warrant on page from 2014 had expired.

That is why the fbi sought a new one in the summer of 2016, and it was denied. Then they went back with the dossier, and it was accepted.

Actually the FBI tried to obtain a FISA warrant twice and were denied both times. The dossier was used on the 3rd attempt and got the warrant.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
TLDR version:
The FBI and Democratic party used Fusion GPS to obtain fraudulent warrants from the FISA court to spy on the President-elect Donald Trump and his campaign.

Mueller, Comey, McCabe and many top Democrats colluded on this.

I can see why you would think this (on account of it being totally inaccurate and pushing a false narrative to drive Trump's agenda). But the god damn memo stated the FISA court warrant was originally issued before the Fusion GPS report.....

That would before YOU saw dossier, but it was written before the October FISA warrant.

I think you need to check your dates......

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Abysha
I just want to make sure I'm absorbing this all correctly since things have been happening at a pace that is difficult to keep up with and I don't even know what I'm looking at sometimes, lol.

Its cool no worries.

1 - The memo is basically a GOP op-ed? What makes this more legit than say the DNC version of this that hasn't been released?

It was drafted by the intelligence committee. Nothing in the memo is disputed. Democrats argue its out of context. The intel committee unanimously voted to approve the Democratic memo for release to the full house. They have to go through the exact same process Republicans did. Democrats apparently dont like that.

2 - The document this memo is opining over is not released and we have no idea how to confirm it beyond this memo?
The dossier was released. It was published by Buzzfeed. It has NOT been corroborated and several people now have stated that under oath to the congressional committees investigating this mess. The memo released today revealed the FBI/DOJ knew it was not verified / corroborated.

3 - Even the memo states that the Steele thing wasn't the only corroborating factor for the warrant. Am I reading that right?

Partially. Steele and Fusiongps shopped the dossier around to media outlets to report on it. The media reports were then used as "corroboration / credibility" to the dossier itself (called circular reporting). With that said the first 2 times they tried to obtain a FISA warrant they were denied by the court. The 3rd time used the dossier and the warrant was granted. I maintain there was nothing else supporting the dossier. Others think the info from the first 2 times supported the dossier to the extent of granting the warrant.

4 - Is this release just a preemptive cushion to assuage the impact of future findings by the FBI since their reputation in the eyes of some is essentially "fake news"?

That all depends on how you see the information thus far. Personally I think the whole trump russia collusion narrative is bs and is done by democrats who were butt hurt that Clinton lost.

In any case, this is a mess. I'm hoping this last year has at least accomplished one thing: making third-party folk (like the Green Party and the Libertarian Party) legitimately viable options in 2020.

Agreed.

Thank you for the catch-up. It's definitely one of those things I'll reserve judgement on until the dust settles, I think.

As far as 2 goes, I wasn't referring to the dossier. I meant the warrant this four-page memo is foot-noting. The warrant itself is the topic of the memo yet we can't actually read that (understandably). As much as I'd like to see the DNC version memo, I don't think it would be any more or less reliable than this memo and it would just put us all back to square one, with people fighting over whose memo is better.

I didn't vote DNC or GOP this last election and I don't think I ever will again. We need some adults in the room for a change.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lol. Suuuuuure. I read the memo. It just makes a bunch of outstanding claims. Great confirmation bias fodder though for this sentence alone:

The “dossier” compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application.

Never mind that there is no evidence or arguments presented backing up the essentially of the dossier, but the memo says it so confirmation bias warriors are going to jump on it.

link   
If the memo is true, this is banana republic type stuff. These are clear abuses of power, collusion, and attempts to influence a democratic election through surreptitious means, all of it approved by top brass within the previous "scandal free" administration.
edit on 2-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
"The Resistance" just ran out of ammo. Mueler's "investigation" should be immediately shut down, Gowdy needs to be named special prosecutor for a case against the FBI, Justice Department, and Clinton campaign, and all of Muler's files should be ordered handed over to Gowdy's team immediately. Business, as they say, is about to pick up in a huge way.

Ummm...I disagree...Gowdy is not the man for the job...he's on record too many times gushing his love for everything FBI and DOJ...I'm not so sure in my own opinion if he can separate that from objectivity...

Again...my opinion...

YouSir

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join