It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Please show me where Page admitted meeting sechin.

I see that he denied in it testimony.

One of those was Igor Sechin, the CEO of the Rosneft oil company, which is majority owned by the Russian government. According to the dossier, Sechin and Page had a secret meeting on Moscow on either July 7 or July 8, at which Sechin offered Trump associates a large stake in his company and Page said Trump would lift US sanctions on Rosneft if elected.

Page contemptuously denied all of this, straightforwardly asserting that he’s never met Sechin in a way that sounded more or less believable.

But then, under questioning, Page admitted that during that trip, he met with one of Sechin’s subordinates — Andrey Baranov, the head of investor relations at Rosneft, with whom he had a preexisting relationship.

www.vox.com...

I will await your proof that this article is false and Page testified he did meet sechin.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
a reply to: UKTruth

Adding to what you stated.

Bruce's (fbi) wife (gps) received 700000$ for who knows what, and Bruce decided to not say anything about that, and failed to mention other things relevant to the ongoing buisness of truthful investigation.

I believe it was McCabes wife who got the 700k for her political run and not Bruce Orh's wife.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

To be clear

You stand by this?

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That carter page travelled to Russian when it was stated. Thats the only thing that has been found provable within the Dossier.

Because the text of the Dossier and Carter Pages Congressional testimony are both publicly available.

let me know if you want to see them.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The FISA court is indeed a problem, but the people who withheld vital information and thus fooled a judge issuing warrants MUST be punished - severely. We have had 18 months of politically motivated investigation undermining the entire govt of the USA.

No. We have not had 18 months of politically motivated investigation. The congressional committees are investigating Russian interference in the US presidential election. Well, sort of and some more than others.

Nothing in the memo except one mention that Rod Rosenstein signed off on a reauth app ties into the Mueller investigation remotely. I suppose you could say the Strzok involvement but that was a month or less at the beginning, there's no actual evidence of impropriety by Strzok in here (I expected to see him tied to the FISA app in some way but no) and Mueller removed Strzok at the first hint of the perception of bias.

But Strzok is tied into it based on the timing of his texts about his meeting with McCabe and the "insurance policy"...happened in August when the dossier was known about already....FISA signed off on by McCabe....granted in October...

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: TreetopControl
Hey Folks... this is serious...

This puts the FBI and our entire Justice System in question if they can choose and pick the winners and losers, not only in elections, but in criminal court cases as well.

Do you think that is something new.

No however exposing it like we are seeing is.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I just want to make sure I'm absorbing this all correctly since things have been happening at a pace that is difficult to keep up with and I don't even know what I'm looking at sometimes, lol.

1 - The memo is basically a GOP op-ed? What makes this more legit than say the DNC version of this that hasn't been released?

2 - The document this memo is opining over is not released and we have no idea how to confirm it beyond this memo?

3 - Even the memo states that the Steele thing wasn't the only corroborating factor for the warrant. Am I reading that right?

4 - Is this release just a preemptive cushion to assuage the impact of future findings by the FBI since their reputation in the eyes of some is essentially "fake news"?

In any case, this is a mess. I'm hoping this last year has at least accomplished one thing: making third-party folk (like the Green Party and the Libertarian Party) legitimately viable options in 2020.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would expect Rosenstein to be fired or to resign post haste.
He lied to the FISA court by omission of key information he was in possession of. He'll be lucky if he doesn't go to jail.

Jeff Sessions has way more than he needs to appoint a Special Counsel to get to the bottom of this corruption.
edit on 2/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The memo won't prove Obama is a criminal. Common sense can prove Obama is a criminal.

If you or I sent 1.3 billion dollars cash to Iran, we'd be in gitmo.

link   
How many people do we have in prison, not because of a crime they committed, but because of their political viewpoint? In other countries the call these Politcal Prisoners. How many of those did Obama and the FBI incarcerate over the past 8 years?

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

To be clear

You stand by this?

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That carter page travelled to Russian when it was stated. Thats the only thing that has been found provable within the Dossier.

Because the text of the Dossier and Carter Pages Congressional testimony are both publicly available.

let me know if you want to see them.

The part you are leaving out is in congressional testimony is that yes, Page went to Russia, however after that they could not say why he was there, who he met with, what was discussed etc.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The FISA court is indeed a problem, but the people who withheld vital information and thus fooled a judge issuing warrants MUST be punished - severely. We have had 18 months of politically motivated investigation undermining the entire govt of the USA.

No. We have not had 18 months of politically motivated investigation. The congressional committees are investigating Russian interference in the US presidential election. Well, sort of and some more than others.

Nothing in the memo except one mention that Rod Rosenstein signed off on a reauth app ties into the Mueller investigation remotely. I suppose you could say the Strzok involvement but that was a month or less at the beginning, there's no actual evidence of impropriety by Strzok in here (I expected to see him tied to the FISA app in some way but no) and Mueller removed Strzok at the first hint of the perception of bias.

BS it's not political. It got political as soon, as we learned later, the FBI changed wording in the Hillary statement before the election.

Honestly, you wrote that? You can discredit the memo but saying it's not political is silly.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Now I want to see CNN shut down, and the deep state and globalists hanging

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Congrats for coming to your revelation. I came to that conclusion after he was elected and both parties acted like they wanted HRC. I said right from the beginning that Trump is neither GoP nor Dem.

He stands for a third party called We the People and it's not just for americans only.

We need to remember that the Republicans were against him right up to his nomination and then it was slow reluctance. We still see it today as even having the majority they are fighting him about as much as the liberals are. Trump has also already bypassed the right to speak/work directly with the left too, so at the end of the day he is willing to work with whomever is willing. Looking at DACA he did a one-upmanship to suggest he is willing to help them even more than Obama was willing...lol and the Left will still not come to the table suggesting he is holding them hostage even though Trump is willing to give them everything and more.

If all of this doesn't scream that a 3rd party is in the White House I do not know what else would.

edit on 2-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

In any case, this is a mess. I'm hoping this last year has at least accomplished one thing: making third-party folk (like the Green Party and the Libertarian Party) legitimately viable options in 2020.

Wouldn't that be something if somehow the public woke up and realized we don't have to accept the two rotten choices we keep getting offered.

As a separate question, does anyone out there know if it was transcripts obtained from these FISA warrants on Paige that were ultimately "unmasked" by Susan Rice?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: underwerks

How is that outrageous? You get put under surveillance because of rumors most times, and that's how they collect evidence. That's how investigations work, down to your local PD.

No.
That isn't how the FISA court works.
Rumors don't cut it.

Actually, all that's required is for a judge to sign off on it..

Each application for one of these surveillance warrants (called a FISA warrant) is made before an individual judge of the court. The court may allow third parties to submit briefs as amici curiae. When the U.S. Attorney General determines that an emergency exists, the Attorney General may authorize the emergency employment of electronic surveillance before obtaining the necessary authorization from the FISC, if the Attorney General or their designee notifies a judge of the court at the time of authorization and applies for a warrant as soon as practicable but not more than seven days after authorization of such surveillance, as required by 50 U.S.C. § 1805.

Link

Whether rumor is good enough is up to the judge in question, and the case presented to him.

link   
Democrats from the committee are disputing the characterization of McCabe's testimony (as it were) in the memo and are now pushing for the committee to release the transcript of McCabe's testimony. I thought it was interesting that it was paraphrased.

Notice that some parts use extremely short quotes which are at least in some cases (e.g. "salacious and unverified"), easily proven misleading. (of course we can't tell if the same tactic was used elsewhere) We don't even get that for the alleged McCabe statement.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Sooooo, In a nutshell: Federal officials conspired to spy on a rival political campaign using information they had not verified from people they knew were untrustworthy. And these officials deliberately and repeatedly defrauded the judiciary by withholding key information. And then decided to blatantly lie stating this memo's release would be of "grave national security" risk... I read it 5 times already, what put us at risk?

Well, if any BS document can be created and used as an excuse to spy on someone - then it means the FISA court does not protect anyone since false evidence is allowed.

This means the Intelligence community can spy on any US citizen with no repercussions if this is allowed to continue.

So, if the CIA decides it wants something to happen they can say spy on congressmen and senators by creating some fictional BS and blackmail them to do their bidding from the info they find on them. This of course can lead congress not to be representative of constituents, but only to their blackmailers.

edit on 2-2-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Abysha

All based on sworn testimonies.

No speculation anywhere.

🚰

link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Grambler

Two things:

I know because Assistant director Bill Preistap said that corroboration was in its "infancy" when the fisa warrant was granted.

So was some of it corroborated or not? You say none of it was corroborated, then list Bill Preistap saying corroboration was in it's "infancy" at the time, implying that it grew after that. So, which is it?

3. Using the dossier at all when it was not verified to spy on the people who paid for its political opponent is outrageous, even if there was other info.

How is that outrageous? You get put under surveillance because of rumors most times, and that's how they collect evidence against you. That's how investigations work, down to your local PD.

I'm still failing to see the bombshell here. I have a feeling this is only going to mean something to the people who already believe this. I'm always open to changing my opinion as long as there's evidence, but there is none here at all.

When did i say none of it was corroborated?

There is a man named Donald Trump. That is corroborated.

Page went to russia, that is corroborated. I never said otherwise.

Saying it was in its infancy does not prove that more was confirmed later, it shows the most important thing; that at the time it was used for the fisa warrant, they had not yet done enough research to prove its accuracy.

Getting the warrant to spy on trumps team, and then doing work to confirm it later is not a legitimate excuse.

It is outrageous because our 4th amendment should not be suspend on merely a rumor, especially when it a candidate for President having his team spied on based on rumors paid for by his opponent.

I cant believe this isnt obvious.

But ok, there are rumors about just about every politician in washington. So I assume you have no problem with Trump getting fisa warrants against every democrats to spy on them, then unmasking them, and having his admin leak all of the details to the press.

Of course both you and I would have a problem with that, but for some reason you cant see how that was outrageous for Obamas admin to do to trump.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So far 6 FBI agents have either been fired, resigned or demoted.

So what?

A few people leaving or being demoted isn't going to change how the fbi is run. That's like saying that because 38 republicans have left the party or have decided not to seek reelection that the entire republican party must be in tatters. I don't thing that is is something you really believe.

Muller is going to continue his investigation regardless of this memo. I believe that even if trump fired muller that the russia investigation would continue.
That's really what this memo has been all about . Stopping the russia investigation .

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join