It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sounds like at some point the FBI realized it had been had and made a big #ing mistake relying on the dossier, and cut off official contact with Steele. But Ohr and his ilk were so determined to take down Trump they continued to use him even after they learned how shady he was. That's all kinds of corrupt.

The panic from Democrats is reaching fever pitch.
edit on 2 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Two things:

I know because Assistant director Bill Preistap said that corroboration was in its "infancy" when the fisa warrant was granted.

So was some of it corroborated or not? You say none of it was corroborated, then list Bill Preistap saying corroboration was in it's "infancy" at the time, implying that it grew after that. So, which is it?

3. Using the dossier at all when it was not verified to spy on the people who paid for its political opponent is outrageous, even if there was other info.

How is that outrageous? You get put under surveillance because of rumors most times, and that's how they collect evidence against you. That's how investigations work, down to your local PD.

I'm still failing to see the bombshell here. I have a feeling this is only going to mean something to the people who already believe this. I'm always open to changing my opinion as long as there's evidence, but there is none here at all.
edit on 2-2-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: soberbacchus

You say corroboration of the Dossier was in it's infancy. You say both the dossier was minimally "Corroborated" at the time. (Note I read both of the same things in the memo) THEN you say the Dossier "the dossier was not corroborated". Which is it?

The memo was corroborated by a news report.

The topic was Dossier, not memo.

Yes, I wrote memo when I meant dossier.
The Dossier was corroborated by a news report whose source was the dossier itself... Ok?

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Grambler
If it is true that the fisa warrant on page wouldnt have been approved without the dossier, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

I have been saying for months, that this would be Obama using paid for oppo research from his own party to spy on his opponent with the intel community, which is far more serious than something like watergate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You were 100% spot on man.

Grambler's ATS thread was added to the OP in this thread. An excellent read for everyone.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: DBCowboy

It better damn well change.

From the FEC investigating the DNC and that party.

To cleaning house at the FBI and DOJ.

How many leftists are saying, "Gee, the memo is right. We need to clean up our act and clean house!"

None.

Probably about the same number as righties looking at how badly the fisa program has failed for decades to protect unlawful warrants.

In other words it's doing its job. Pulling voters into their boxes.

This is about America right? Or no its about the Democrats?

Thus memo udermines a serious problem and that is the fisa courts themselves.

The FISA court is indeed a problem, but the people who withheld vital information and thus fooled a judge issuing warrants MUST be punished - severely. We have had 18 months of politically motivated investigation undermining the entire govt of the USA.

link   

What I find most depressing;

The memo release didn't matter a tinkers damn.

The leftists still think Trump and all of us are evil.

Hillary and Obama are blessed saints.

SMH

I wonder if anything will ever change.

I cn accept the argument that perhaps this memo is a lie. In fact, until we see the documents behind it, it could very well be that is the case.

But the people flat out saying even if the memo is true, its not a big deal is what is truly frightening.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So what part of this memo proves that obama or hillary did anything illegal.

If it proves criminal activity than why haven't ether of those two been charged yet?

link   

I know because Comey admitted months later the dossier was salacious and unverified.

No. He referred to specific parts of the dossier as salacious. For something to be "salacious" it has to concern something sexual. (by definition). There's only one part of the dossier that could be remotely described as "salacious" and that's the pee pee tape thing which has nothing to do with Carter Page.

This inclusion is deliberately misleading and is in fact, a popular right-wing talking point that is not accurate.

I know because Assistant director Bill Preistap said that corroboration was in its "infancy" when the fisa warrant was granted.

And we still don't know what from the Carter Page part of the dossier was used or how it was used.

1. The first warrant against page was denied, which is almost unheard of. This shows that the dossier which was used the second time may have been the key to push it over the top.

We've had reporting that there was a denied warrant app. The memo doesn't mention it. You're implying that the dossier made the difference based the next point:

2. The memo says that McCabe testified that there would have been no warrant without the dossier.

It doesn't actually say that. What it says is this:

"McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information."

3. Using the dossier at all when it was not verified to spy on the people who paid for its political opponent is outrageous, even if there was other info.

As I pointed out in my other post, Carter Page didn't actually work for the Trump campaign at that point. He resigned a month earlier.

link   
I'm sure glad I'm an independent right now. Otherwise I would have to lie my ass off while eating crow.

How does that crow taste? Like chicken?

link   

The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

We TOLD YOU!

Trump haters colluded with foreign intelligence to RIG OUR ELECTION.

That seems to be the battle, doesn't it?

First, we have Trump colluding with the foreign intelligence of the Russians, to influence US elections so that Donald would prevail.

On the other side, we have Obama's administration colluding with foreign intelligence of the "British" and "Dutch", to counter that team, so that Hillary would prevail.

It's the battle of opposition, both using foreign intelligence services to assist their agendas.

Who will win this battle in the end?

Right now, Trump has won this round.

But, it's too early to tell, how the war will turn out.

The Democrats haven't fired their missile yet.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

How is that outrageous? You get put under surveillance because of rumors most times, and that's how they collect evidence. That's how investigations work, down to your local PD.

No.
That isn't how the FISA court works.
Rumors don't cut it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My boiled down interpretation: The bottom line...

The FBI used a knowingly false document, the "Dossier", put together by the DNC (Hillary campaign), to falsely accuse the Trump campaign of collusion with the Russians (showing political partisanship), when in fact, it was the DNC that colluded.

My 2 cents

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
So what part of this memo proves that obama or hillary did anything illegal.

If it proves criminal activity than why haven't ether of those two been charged yet?

Because those investigations are still on going.

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Are you not concerned that senior DoJ and FBI officials knowingly withheld information from a judge to obtain a warrant to spy on an American citizen in order to go after a political opponent? If your answer is no, then you've lost the ability to reason and are lost in a partisan haze.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Comey was fired.

McCabe is on Terminal Leave and under a DOJ investigation.

Hows that so far?

link   
Sooooo, In a nutshell: Federal officials conspired to spy on a rival political campaign using information they had not verified from people they knew were untrustworthy. And these officials deliberately and repeatedly defrauded the judiciary by withholding key information. And then decided to blatantly lie stating this memo's release would be of "grave national security" risk... I read it 5 times already, what put us at risk?

link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

It better damn well change.

From the FEC investigating the DNC and that party.

To cleaning house at the FBI and DOJ.

How many leftists are saying, "Gee, the memo is right. We need to clean up our act and clean house!"

None.

Give them time. I imagine the impact of reality smacking you in the face would be quite difficult to accept after a year of desperately trying to deny it.

I have hope that at the end of the day, Americans will be Americans first. Bold yes, but I am being extremely generous and hopeful--and possibly really naive.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There are some big decisions to be made by the judiciary in a lot of cases right now. I don't know that the cases will all be thrown out, but it isn't a good look to piss off a judge playing games, and that's a sure thing to have occurred. Unless certain judges are playing games, too. Then this is even a bigger and more dangerous situation.
I want to see material facts which may have been omitted before I go to far, but I don't see much that will change given more context. I'd like to see the Schiff memo and to hear the FBI's defense and see if it is coherent. Withholding extremely pertinent info from the judge to get a warrant is a big deal. Did they disclose that to Page's defense and the court at time of trial? Other cases impacted? I'm guessing not, and that's going to screw them, even if it doesn't result in all charges being tossed.
This is going to lead to the warrant request being released. Almost impossible not to. There's no reason for the FBI to resist now. It can't look worse, it can only help. But it'll have to be initiated by the HIC or HJC. It'll make a difference on the overall story in degree of impact on the big picture.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sorry but the best this memo can accomplish is pushing conservative voters to the polls during the midterms and maybe lose a couple people their jobs (which will just net them a higher paying gig in the private sector).

No ones going to jail, no heads are rolling, and certainly no Clintons crucified. I know you guys want it to be the Herald of corruptions demise, but it's just a little noise and nonsense to start what's essentially a holiday weekend.

Maybe if we get the full document something interesting will happen, but this "fruit" will be fruitless.

At this point the hrc emails the FBI released today will have more substance...and from what I've read of those so far it's mostly day to day drivel.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

But the people flat out saying even if the memo is true, its not a big deal is what is truly frightening.

The real deal will be that it won't make a bit of difference in the corruption and games in politics. Things just stay the same as the system marches on.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join