It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71

Especially if they found the information to be accurate.

Which part of the information is accurate?

The Dirty Dossier been out over a year now.

Are you taking this thing in context of anything besides itself as a standalone thing?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: neo96
Trump haters went above and beyond NIXON!

To the moon,and beyond.

Dossiergate!

Yes, this truly does make Watergate look like any other day in Washington.

Has Rod baby been fired yet?

I think there is just cause.

Damn sure there is cause to fire him. There is no plausible way he can claim ignorance of these abuses.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Something occurred to be democrats lied. They claimed this memo would jeopardize national security. The claim was it would give away sources and jeopardize ongoing investigations. In no way does this memo do that they flat out lied to attempt to keep it from being released.

link   
a reply to: trb71

They do confirm that the "coffee boy" Papadopolous event is the one that triggered the probe.

Uh, no.
The FBI bringing a fake dossier to a FISA judge triggered the illegal spying on a presidential campaign by the opposing party.

link   
All those talking heads on the news, saying the memo won't be released, or it will be redacted, just collectively did this...

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

I love seeing all these people arguing over what the memo says, when no one has read it yet.

Your agenda is showing.

I have linked the memo above and read it.

To me this is the biggest takeaway.

First, on Page 5 , number 4 ids the most damning info. First it says in a December 2017 hearingt McCabe admitted that there would have been no fisa warrant sought without the dossier. However, that same section shows that FBI counter intel Assistant director Bill Preistap admitted that at the time of the original fisa application of Page, corroboration of the dossier was in its infancy.

It also shows that when Steele was terminated in in relationship with the FBI, a separate FBI unit admits the dossier was only minimally corroborated.

This is made even more damning by the fact that despite the fact that the DOJ and fbi knew that Steele was paid for by the DNC and hillarys team, they failed to report that to the fisa court.

So what this means is that McCabe admits that there would have been no warrant without the dossier, they knew the dossier was not corroborated, and they did not tell the fisa court that the dnc and hillarys team paid for it.

If true, its an unbelievable level of corruption.

My take away, It seems the whole thing boils down to the FISA warrant being invalid because of the bias of the people connected to it.

Which isn't really a story at all. If you're being investigated by the FBI you're going to be investigated by people of all political persuasions. I fail to see how the political leanings of people connected to the dossier make it invalid, or inadmissible for use in a warrant.

I was expecting some kind of damning evidence against someone. But it's just the popular internet theories on what happened with the dossier written up by republican staffers with no supporting evidence. No wonder Trump released it without hesitation. There's nothing really there that people haven't already been talking about.

Its not just bias though.

Bias wouyld be I dont like trump, but that doesnt affect my ability to investigate him.

This is paid oppo research info from the FBI that they knew was not corroborated being used to spy on trumps team.

How do you know some of the information in the dossier wasn't corroborated by the FBI?

And how do you know the dossier was the only thing used to get the FISA warrant? Serious questions.

It seems all this hangs on the dossier being entirely false and also the only piece of information used for the FISA warrant.

Is there any evidence of either of those, beyond this memo which has no evidence to back it up?

link   
I kind of felt let down upon first read of the memo.

But I want to believe that this is just to open the door, and eventually the floodgate, of far worse things that have occurred within our political system in the past and even now. I hope it brings down parts of both sides. I hope it puts the fear of god into politicians to clean up their sh** and actually do some good for this country.

But, it will probably just wither away into more bickering from each side and we can all remain complacent in our tiny lives.

link   

I love seeing all these people arguing over what the memo says, when no one has read it yet.

Your agenda is showing.

corroboration of the dossier was in its infancy.

the dossier was only minimally corroborated.

they knew the dossier was not corroborated

Forgive me for minimalizing your post for relevance.

You say corroboration of the Dossier was in it's infancy.
You say also the dossier was minimally "Corroborated" at the time.
(Note I read both of the same things in the memo)

THEN you say "the dossier was not corroborated".

Which is it?

What was corroborated in the Dossier? If the GOP are forced to admit it was "Minimally corroborated"...their own words and memo..

WHAT was corroborated?
I suspect the answer to that question is the absence of relevant "Material Fact" that the FBI has said the memo lacks.

To be included in the FISC Application it would need to be relevant to Carter Page.

BTW:

Verified: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with representatives of Russian state-owned oil giant Rosneft.

The dossier claimed Page held secret meetings in Moscow with Igor Sechin, a Putin ally who is the head of Rosneft.

Page vehemently denied that he met with Sechin. But in November, the House Intelligence Committee released a transcript of Page’s congressional testimony revealing he had in fact met with other Rosneft officials, including Sechin's subordinate Andrey Baranov, during a trip to Moscow in 2016.

www.newsweek.com...

On a sidenote:
This Memo seems to be a collection of complaints we have seen before.
I was expecting something more than an Op-Ed with lipstick.
And if the intent is to force the FBI to defend the Dossier's validity?..Beware of what you ask for.

edit on 2-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What's really interesting to me is that this memo is actually marked as "Top Secret"...I am baffled at why though.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You can have valid supporting evidence of a crime that does not reach probable cause. Particularly given the weight necessary in front of the FISC (in theory).
I'm not saying what they did wasn't hinky. This is a huge deal!
I am just saying we do not know that they didn't have any other supporting evidence. In fact, the simple fact we know it was denied earlier means they had other evidence to put before the court. It was deemed insufficient for the purpose. Page is familiar to the FBI before his volunteerism for Trump.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

That carter page travelled to Russian when it was stated. Thats the only thing that has been found provable within the Dossier.

Meaning that what he did while there is, from a legal sense, made up.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Trump colluded with Russia to win his election!

One of THE greatest HOAXES ever perpetrated on the American Public.

Only ideologues believe that snip.

Last state of the union played well with independents.

The largest voting demographic left.

Neither right nor left can win without it.

Guess who this memo plays well with AGAIN ?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: wakeupstupid

I wager you lot are gonna be really disappointed.

Oh, haven't you heard? This is the end of the Democratic party.

Lol, I just peed.

theweek.com...

The DNC is reportedly 'dead broke.' The RNC has nearly $40 million.

The Democratic Party is carrying more than $6 million in debt, according to year-end filings — and has just $6.5 million in the bank.
edit on 2-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
What's really interesting to me is that this memo is actually marked as "Top Secret"...I am baffled at why though.

Marketing.

link   

Contains information obtained in a closed hearing, for one. Discusses specific FISC and FISA processes, for two.

But nothing that threatens methods, sources, or national security. Certainly not to the extent it should be buried.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I think Soros belongs in that pic more than anyone else...

link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The dossier was used and the circular media reporting was used (which ironically came from the dossier). If the info you have to start is not enough and the dossier was enough, and the dossier is bunk, you are left with?

nothing.

The game of telephone, who is the person who schemed this up?

"Heads need to roll"

FusionGPS and Christopher Steele. They shopped it around to media outlets. It is why Grassley referred an 18 USC 1001 (lying to the FBI) charge against Steele to the DOJ. Steele told the FBI he had no media contact. Apparently, in his deposition taken in the United Kingdom to a British court at the US judge request, he admitted to providing the info to media outlets.

Given Steeles comments to Bruce Orh about his hatred of Trump and desperate to see him not win the Presidency coupled with Ohr keeping contact with Steele when the FBI ended contact with Steele, including providing the info Steele was providing him while not disclosing where that info was coming from to people in the FBI....

link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You say corroboration of the Dossier was in it's infancy. You say both the dossier was minimally "Corroborated" at the time. (Note I read both of the same things in the memo) THEN you say the Dossier "the dossier was not corroborated". Which is it?

The memo was corroborated by a news report.

The news report ( in Yahoo News) was written using information given to them by the author of the dossier.

Hint: This is not corroboration.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Link to the text of the memo.

www.axios.com...

Thanks for the link.

It's pretty much what I expected though I thought there would be more details. Didn't expect that it would confirm that the counterintelligence investigation was actually opened because of the Papadopoulos intel from Australia.

There's a whole lot of opinion. That the info from Steele (I'm seriously doubting they attached a copy of *the* dossier) about Page was "essential." The last paragraph is where they try to make a case for some political motivation in obtaining the FISA warrant but it's just a bad synopsis of the opinions about the Strzok text messages we've seen.

It does answer the question as to when the FISA warrant was obtained (October 21, 2016) and it's months later than I had expected.

This is an important detail.

An "essential" part of the allegations that have been, are being made and will be made is "...to spy on the Trump campaign."

Except Carter Page had resigned from the campaign a month earlier. September 26th: Trump Campaign Adviser Steps Down While Disputing Claims Of Russia Ties

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Me too. I think Nunes likes to imagine himself as secret-agent-man.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join