It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the FBI gets too big for its britches...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've been trying very hard to keep all the DOJ/FBI drama in its proper perspective, not jump to conclusions, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's not easy. But I do know that no one is above the law, and there must be accountability by government agents/agencies. And that accountability must include transparency which is sadly absent now.

There was a time when FBI agents were held in the highest esteem because they had earned that respect. They were the best of the best. They were worthy of that honor. And I have absolutely no doubt that there are many -- perhaps most -- FBI agents that still deserve that honor and respect. And I can only imagine how it hurts their hearts to see what has happened to their once noble and beloved agency. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, and I'm afraid that's where we're at right now.

So when any government agency -- and especially the top investigative law enforcement agency -- can hide their bad (criminal) behavior behind rules and regulations and procedures, there's a problem. And it's a B I G problem.

And when that agency can and does threaten our elected officials against releasing such information to the public -- US! We The People that pay their salaries and elected those officials -- they're just too big for their britches and need to be taken down a notch or two... and some of those officials just need to be taken down.

I know... I know... I'm supposed to be oh-so-worried about Trump colluding with Russians to... um... I don't know exactly. But I am pretty sure that if Hillary had become president, that:

...NONE of what we’ll soon be finding out was to have seen the light of day. What’s screwed all of this up was the election of Donald J. Trump and that became the impetus for what we now know as the #DeepState #resistance.

Not as much as opposition to Trump but the threat he represented because Democrats no longer were in control of concealing possible illegal activity by her supporters embedded in the federal government. We may find the “Russian collusion” accusation was nothing but a desperation hail-Mary to damage President Trump and keep possible illegal activity from the public forever.

We may just find out that officials and employees at the DOJ, FBI, the FISA Court, and maybe even Obama administration employees may have knowingly been engaged in very illegal activity to rig a presidential election, remove a duly-elected president (by any means necessary), and could be cornered into pleaing for lesser punishment to rat out the fat-and-happies much higher up.

#FISAAbuseMemo: ‘Security Risk’ or DOJ/FBI/Dem Elite Comeuppance?

Of course I don't know that for sure. But I do know that certain people are doing everything they can to make sure we don't find out for sure... and the fact that they can, and have been able to do so for soooooooooooooooo long, is a deal breaker. I don't distrust the FBI and other federal agents/agencies because of Trump... I didn't trust them long before Trump and I don't trust them because of their own behavior!!! And the more they fight the president elected by the people, the more I distrust them.

Unless and until proven otherwise, I'm with Chris Farrell, Judicial Watch Director of Research and Intelligence:

...the FBI is threatening the president of the United States" and "betraying their oath to the Constitution.

Let me boil it down, real simple: The FBI is threatening the president of the United States. First of all, they’ve tried to put him in a corner and say, ‘Hey, look, we really don’t want you revealing all the criminality now that’s going on in the organization."

"So they brokered a meeting with the chief of staff, who’s the wrong person to meet with, first of all," said Farrell. "Then, secondly, after this supposed negotiation where the White House gave up its power, gave up its position of authority…. They [FBI] try to intimidate to cover up for their criminality.

This is unconscionable and unacceptable. Period. And that's just what we know about. Heaven only knows what all has been going on behind the scenes.

Release the memos! Release the FISA warrant application! Release the IG report! Release it ALL!!! Give we the people the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and let the chips fall where they may.

And to lighten things up just a little, this guy may not have a Grammy in his near future, but I think he's a winner. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Too Big To Fail 'logic'.

We saw how well that worked with the banks.

We see the Two Party + MSM System self-perpetuate as it steamrolls society / Earth with it held together by being so deeply implanted into everyones subconscious.

We see every POTUS since LBJ gets off scotch free for being career war criminals because of it.

We saw the FBI give Hillary a free pass when she was 'the nominee' as a result.

There 'forever' exists about zero accountability in DC over it (see Two Party Stranglehold).

And now we're faced with The Obama Administration potentially seeing prison (assuming I'm wrong with all of the above).....

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The Too Big To Fail 'logic'.

We saw how well that worked with the banks.

We did indeed. Unfortunately, too many people bought into it at the time. Many have wised up since then -- the hard way! -- but I'm not sure the fundamental lesson was learned: No one is too big to fail when they get too big for their britches...

And the bigger they are, the harder they fall. Including and especially government agents/agencies. And that's as it should be. So be it.

Release the Memos!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Too many secrets and too much BS, I am so tired of the Bull Sh!t. I want the facts for the people and let the people decide the truth. The US government has been out of control for years. If Trump's guilty he should hang, if Hillary is guilty she should hang, if Jim Comey is guilty he should hang, ect, ect, ect.

It's' time to choose the lamp posts and get out the real ropes.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Too many secrets and too much BS, I am so tired of the Bull Sh!t. I want the facts for the people and let the people decide the truth. The US government has been out of control for years. If Trump's guilty he should hang, if Hillary is guilty she should hang, if Jim Comey is guilty he should hang, ect, ect, ect.

It's' time to choose the lamp posts and get out the real ropes.

This ,

They treat the American people like little kids and try to classify everything as National Security to hide the rampant corruption.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Today will become the new "Memorial Day".

😈

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Too many secrets and too much BS, I am so tired of the Bull Sh!t. I want the facts for the people and let the people decide the truth. The US government has been out of control for years.

Exactly right. Our Constitution was written in such a way to limit the powers of government, and in large part by demanding complete transparency on their part, and placing the burden of proof for anything and everything they do on government. Along with the Citizen Grand Jury, which empowered the people with investigatory and charging powers, transparency and burden of proof were among the most effective and efficient safeguards granted the people.

Give us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and we'll figure it out. If that's a problem for anyone, chances are that they are a problem for us.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Remember this?
link

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Today will become the new "Memorial Day".

😈

Hahaha!!! I love it!

From your keyboard to God's ears

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
Remember this?
link

Oh noes!!! Life is so cruel -- I can't watch videos right now!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's Reagans 9 most terrifying words in the English language.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wyden Threatens To Release Other Classified Info If Nunes Intel Memo Is Released

So Senator Wyden wants to go scorched earth? Okay... Put up or shut up!

The people are demanding the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. We don't care whether it's an "R" or a "D" next to their name. If you know something, then say something! Or you're part of the problem... part of OUR problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When the FBI gets too big for its britches..

You bend them over and take a tree branch to their rears.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

It's Reagans 9 most terrifying words in the English language.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

Ahhhhhh... excellent choice and contribution... thank you!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
When the FBI gets too big for its britches..

You bend them over and take a tree branch to their rears.

And that's just to make sure we have their full attention! Then we can really get down to business.... at which point that switch will be the least of their worries.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Get all the facts out on the FBI, Justice Department

So mainstream journalism today tells us we should see the dossier, even if it’s filled with junk, and read the Comey memos, even if they have no verification — and, yet, be prevented from reading the report of the House Intelligence Committee based on documents that it took the committee six months to pry out of the FBI and Justice Department.

I believe in the First Amendment, and I thought that mainstream media did too. I did not see it as a doctrine of convenience that applied only to documents that buttress one side but then not applied if it might conceivably help the other side.

No more games. Give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Wyden Threatens To Release Other Classified Info If Nunes Intel Memo Is Released

So Senator Wyden wants to go scorched earth? Okay... Put up or shut up!

The people are demanding the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. We don't care whether it's an "R" or a "D" next to their name. If you know something, then say something! Or you're part of the problem... part of OUR problem.

Wyden is a Dem from the Cali suburb of Oregon....
Aint got nuthin.....
Cant even pull off a believable bluff

edit on 2/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
While like so many government agencies there does tend to be corruption, however, here is where the lines are getting muddied and the problems come to light.

The FBI is caught in this political drama due to the congress, added onto now by a president intent on having unfettered access to that department and conflicting with rules that are there to protect all around.

This memo is at question, cause it was not a bipartisan in nature, but written by one side. And all politicians will cherry pick and show only what they want shown, never the full story. The President, embroiled in his own scandal right now and currently under investigation, is looking for ways to stop this investigation, along with those in congress who have and are seeking to breach the walls of separation.

If there is a problem in this, where there needs to be an investigation, it should and ultimately lays in the hands of the congress with the various committees that are charged with this task. That is what the oversight committees are there for. And it should be on their word that actions and corrects start, not the President, and certainly not from just one political party there in congress.

This mess was started by a one Rep who breached those walls of separation, yet he is not willing to take responsibility for tainting any and all investigations, or even being honorable enough to sit on his hands and let another take his place and do his job and actually work in a bipartisan way to clean up this mess.

The abuse of power in congress, and by its committees is a joke and ultimately, they are giving it away to those who should not hold it.

This memo, the Nunes memo, there is now alot of questions, and those who know are not answering such, like its creation. Was there any help from the White House? If so, then we can look back at history, where Nixon tried to do the exact same thing, and it was not correct then, nor should it be correct now.

I would like to an investigation done, however, I would also want it to be done with an independent person, whose vote is private and ultimately with an eye for the national security to do an audit of the FBI and the DOJ, to see how much of a mess there is and how much needs to be cleaned up, including getting rid of persons from both departments. Where it remains non political and where the politicians stay out of it, instead of using it as a political wedge.

Means congress has to do its job, and with both parties, not just one.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

The FBI is caught in this political drama due to the congress, added onto now by a president intent on having unfettered access to that department and conflicting with rules that are there to protect all around.

No. The rules are there to protect the guilty. And that's the problem.

Further, it's absolutely ridiculous to assert that the man elected by We The People to execute the laws -- and therefore to run both the FBI and the DOJ -- and who has absolute security clearance into everything, should NOT have "unfettered access" to that department.

The problem is letting the inmates run the institution with no transparency or accountability, refusing to bear the burden of proof, and denying the people their right to investigatory and charging powers via a Citizens Grand Jury.

As I said earlier:

Our Constitution was written in such a way to limit the powers of government, and in large part by demanding complete transparency on their part, and placing the burden of proof for anything and everything they do on government. Along with the Citizen Grand Jury, which empowered the people with investigatory and charging powers, transparency and burden of proof were among the most effective and efficient safeguards granted the people.

Un-elected officials should not have more power than elected officials; and elected officials should not have more power than those who elect them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join