It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Life and our Role in the Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It almost sounds like a faulty ball bearing on Voyager (at 17 min mark). lol

I always imagined these planetary giants would give us diverse sounds.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Name a school yard play ground game that doesn't divide us and pit us against one another. "Swings"? Okay.

You got it, bro. They basically turn us against ourselves. Unity is not encouraged...

Neither is individual achievement, except in grading and sports. What they teach is conformity. All the desks in formation facing the central authority of the teachers desk. Later changing to a podium, a pulpit, a news desk, a formation, a parade...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I see the desk configurations in smaller more intimate university classrooms as being like a round table format. And Kindergarden classrooms are a mixed bag.

www.google.ca... IOQ&biw=1217&bih=537
edit on 02CST09America/Chicago00290928 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Name a school yard play ground game that doesn't divide us and pit us against one another. "Swings"? Okay.

I think "tag" is the nicest schoolyard game that isn't competitive. You're actually running to try and touch somebody. That's kind of sweet in a way. I bet you were good at not getting touched.

Naw, I was too big and slow. 'Tag' was still competitive, singling out one person as the subject. Useful lessons for later on,

picking on and bullying weaker kids. Tag, you're "IT".

An alternative way to look at tag, is that if I am tagged "IT" and find a good hiding spot and you and others were unable to find me, I have shown that I bested you all at the game.

Thats hide and seek, a different play on 'mob' mentality. Usually, tag is played on an open field, there is no hiding, once you're "IT".

Either or, the hunt for or evasion from the "villain" is all against one.

Further: The primary lesson taught by tag is you can't get away, its no fun to be "it" (singled out). Its better to be part of the chase. Same with hide and seek. Its more fun to be hiding, instead of the lone defender.
edit on 3-2-2018 by intrptr because: further:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Those sounds are produced by the enormouss magnetic field generated by Jupiters sheer mass.

Creepy nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Neat images. Kindergarten though, is preparation for more controlled environments of 'higher grades'.

Bg difference between private and public schools, too. Even better, home schooling.

Less dogma, politics, and conformity training.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I think "tag" is the nicest schoolyard game that isn't competitive. You're actually running to try and touch somebody. That's kind of sweet in a way. I bet you were good at not getting touched.

Naw, I was too big and slow. 'Tag' was still competitive, singling out one person as the subject. Useful lessons for later on,

An alternative way to look at tag, is that if I am tagged "IT" and find a good hiding spot and you and others were unable to find me, I have shown that I bested you all at the game.

Thats hide and seek, a different play on 'mob' mentality. Usually, tag is played on an open field, there is no hiding, once you're "IT".

Oh, I was remembering my wins and it was always playing hide and seek. Although tag does show one's prowess, or lack thereof, at speed and dodging. But, does any unification in play or sport have to be associated with a 'mob' mentality? What about a 'team' mentality?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Those sounds are produced by the enormouss magnetic field generated by Jupiters sheer mass.

Creepy nonetheless.

I didn't feel it as 'creepy' but rather 'awe inspiring'.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Oh, I was remembering my wins and it was always playing hide and seek. Although tag does show one's prowess, or lack thereof, at speed and dodging. But, does any unification in play or sport have to be associated with a 'mob' mentality? What about a 'team' mentality?

Singly or in teams, doesn't matter.

They always reminded us, Its just a game. But its not. It teaches us to compete, singly or as a team against each other and later, against whole other cultures and peoples (for conquest).

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Creepy nonetheless.

I didn't feel it as 'creepy' but rather 'awe inspiring'.

I felt raw power. If you were there where the voyager probe was, you would be bombarded with lethal doses of Ionizing radiation. But you wouldn't hear or feel a thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They always reminded us, Its just a game. But its not. It teaches us to compete, singly or as a team against each other and later, against whole other cultures and peoples (for conquest).

For me, both, singly and in teams. But even when singly, it was for the entire school's reputation as well as my desire to test myself and reach the goals I set out for myself at that time - athletically speaking.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

For me, both, singly and in teams. But even when singly, it was for the entire school's reputation as well as my desire to test myself and reach the goals I set out for myself at that time - athletically speaking.

God forbid we should develop our 'athletics' doing something together that doesn't involve competition.

How about a nice hike?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join