It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Life and our Role in the Universe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Name a school yard play ground game that doesn't divide us and pit us against one another. "Swings"? Okay.

Any others?

The line for the swings gets pretty competitive.

And so it should be.
Swings are fun and you should earn your go.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Name a school yard play ground game that doesn't divide us and pit us against one another. "Swings"? Okay.

I think "tag" is the nicest schoolyard game that isn't competitive. You're actually running to try and touch somebody. That's kind of sweet in a way. I bet you were good at not getting touched.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

What do you believe about life and the universe?

ALL is ONE.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You got it, bro. They basically turn us against ourselves. Unity is not encouraged...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Now that to me is the ultimate ideal of the atheist. Brilliant.

What if that is what makes this reality so impressive? Not knowing. Maybe there is a barrier between realities? If you knew what was on the other side, wouldn't that cheapen this life?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
If you knew what was on the other side, wouldn't that cheapen this life?

It's already about as cheap as it can get.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It is isn't it? Excellent. Then when you start from nothing, you can truly build anything and everything to form your own reality. When you start from zero and get rid of the incorrect indoctrination/programming, then you have all possibilities to work with. Sometimes in that nothingness or meaninglessness, the path can be glimpsed. The song of this reality sings a quiet ballad of contentment and satisfaction. The path is so easy once you realize how cheap this reality is.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The path is so easy once you realize how cheap this reality is.

The universe is so old and so big that statistically we don't even exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

No one wants to die....it's why we as humans created the whole narrative of an afterlife....Sort of like in order for this life to make sense an after life has to be there,or we have no purpose......why do we have to have purpose in order to live our lives......so we can gravitate toward that after life or life serves no purpose other than biology and procreation of species.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I hear you. Even though no sane person wants to die, that doesn't mean that coming to terms with the inevitable wouldn't be beneficial though.

Being an atheist, to me at least, seems to be one of the most difficult paths to take. It seems so empty and pointless with no possible repercussions of just stepping off of this train early. Interesting, that I believe in the soul and existence after the physical body ends sort of puts me on the same footing as the religious.

I just profess no knowledge of what comes after. But on the other hand I strongly believe in the spiritual. The threads between people, even through electronic mediums, exist and can be felt. If those sensations turn out to be a byproduct of the physical world, it will be very disappointing. I highly doubt that scenario.

The spiritual = what religion is trying to hide.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The spiritual = what religion is trying to hide.

There are other ways to find illumination besides prayer. A lot of them are illegal, though. For obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Trying to let go of anything that feels like a belief.
Not really trying: just gently letting the thought of belief that arises, slowly drift away, out of focus.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Your precious patterns are the source of all problems.

However you feel about patterns and randomness and the universe, flip it. The binding structure of the Matrix is the most limiting factor in the universe.

Hell is a place for patterns. Satan attempting to measure god? Yeah, and he's selling treasure maps back to Eden also. Down at your local lodge.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: intrptr

We have no role in the universe.

Throws keyboard in garbage can...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Any others?

The line for the swings gets pretty competitive.

And so it should be.
Swings are fun and you should earn your go.

I was the best at getting the highest and launching the furthest into the tanbark. I sucked at spinning round though, couldst keep straight, hit the metal upright full force once.

Yowch!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
I believe there is more to our existence than is visible in this physical world.
I believe dreams confirm there is more than physical reality.
I believe the abundance of patterns throughout the Universe is not the result of randomness.
I believe that certain events happen for reasons other than coincidence.
I believe telepathy and precognition are possible.
I believe energy is what binds all life and all matter.
I believe that if you are willing to listen, the universe will speak to you.

What do you believe about life and the universe?

I believe in all those things, and the universe speaks in volumes.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I think "tag" is the nicest schoolyard game that isn't competitive. You're actually running to try and touch somebody. That's kind of sweet in a way. I bet you were good at not getting touched.

Naw, I was too big and slow. 'Tag' was still competitive, singling out one person as the subject. Useful lessons for later on,

picking on and bullying weaker kids. Tag, you're "IT".

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Naw, I was too big and slow. 'Tag' was still competitive, singling out one person as the subject. Useful lessons for later on,

picking on and bullying weaker kids. Tag, you're "IT".

An alternative way to look at tag, is that if I am tagged "IT" and find a good hiding spot and you and others were unable to find me, I have shown that I bested you all at the game.
edit on 02CST08America/Chicago03880828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have been thinking alot about the patterns of life recently.

When you walk into someone when you go through a door at work, how many decisions have you both had to make to both be at that place at the same time? It boggles the mind. Certain instances like this make me believe that what we see is only a small portion of what life really is.

Dreams are amazing. If you can learn to control them, you can do whatever you like. I've always felt that there is more to them than just your mind playing tricks on you.

Our role in the universe? Do we have one? Do we have to have one?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That video and others aren't the actual recordings, they are 'augmented'.

Heres 'actual' recordings made by Voyager proximate to Jupiter. Picks up around 9 minutes in, check out the chirping around 17 and 23 minute marks. Periodic tone that repeats is generated by the spacecraft.

edit on 3-2-2018 by intrptr because: additional

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join