It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver explicably plowed over a 2,000-year-old site in Peru,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A truck driver inexplicably plowed over a 2,000-year-old site in Peru, damaging the designs

The Nazca Lines are large designs that were scratched into the ground’s surface between 500 B.C. and A.D. 500 on a coastal plain south of Lima. UNESCO calls the site one of the “greatest enigmas” of the archaeological world. They cover about 290 square miles and depict creatures, plants and imaginary beings, as well as geometric designs.
washingtonpost.com... designs/

Wow pls klik to view damage, I'm stunned, I hoped it can be restored to it's original quality, but here in lays the rub it will never be an ancient work of religious art..

edit on 2-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Really sad

There should have more security and/or monitoring so these things won't happen again.

Also a big and fat payment for doing this. Guess it will teach people to be more careful.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

maybe it was hacked ? < / sarc >

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Saw this last night on the net. Apparently he was trying to avoid paying a toll by driving around the toll area.

Other articles said this is actually common, but this time someone was there to catch it on camera and upload it to social media.

He was initially charged with 6-9 months supervision and a 1500$ fine, but the judge later said they could prove intent....

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Wow the stupidity of some.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

edit on 222018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That is terrible. He should be stripped of this garments and whipped in front of the closest local town square, as an example to all that would seek to damage the ancient arts.

Real talk.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

maybe it was hacked ? < / sarc >

Don't be silly it was obviously a Russian truck driver

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The article even contains propaganda or just unwitting ignorance as well. It says the Nazca lines are a great enigma and then goes on to say the Nazca site contains imaginary beings. If it is a great enigma then they don't know if the things they don't recognize are imaginary. Harmless really, but these things always stand out to me when read in news or news reports.

Surprising that the Peruvian government hasn't had better methods of preserving these areas from your average truck driver already long in place.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They should give him a broom and make him the new maintenance /sweeper guy, indefinitely .

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Glad i never visited this place. A bunch of tire ruts in the dust, but it must have been ancient aliens. Just like the Indian scribbles. Did they really draw a pot leaf and FRAMPTON RULES! on those rocks 5 billion years ago? Or just when the parking lot got paved?

The truck ruts are actually deeper and more significant than the random dust scribbles lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That's so sad. They are truly a marvel is look at. I'm sure they can restore them to the way they were with a little time and effort. Sites like this need protecting. They are a little gateway into our past.

top topics

join