It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A separate ats political site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: penfold

With so many scandals and crimes about to be exposed, I think there should be a sub-forum dedicated to them.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ATS is now a predominantly political website used by lobby groups to persuade and influence your opinions there are some very sophisticated, albeit intelligent, and might i say PAID posters whether new or not. tell tale signs are all over the place and also OPENLY admitted now as well just look at the second paragraph on the Q watching you thread if you want proof. Brain Gamer's subtlety moving your out look to there own slant.

This web site is a good place to watch a NATION being divided and eat itself alive, Ever notice when Obama was in office there was almost no mention of DC politics certainly not as focused and charged with new narratives EVERY WEEK....
WAKE UP WAKE UP YOUR BEING LED INTO ** PLANNED** DIVISION AND DESTRUCTION

Cant you see that ???? Take a step back and really look at what your being FED DAILY in the MEDIA NOW take a look at whats happening in the WORLD ..... What no one cares?? Figures..... Your right where they want you!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

In particular,

This site used to be about things that the mainstream wouldn’t talk about, but now it’s just like coming to any forum anywhere, the only thing that makes it different is the great minds that are here. Is there a way to make ats a conspiracy site once again and have a separate ats political site?

Once again friends have wanted me to participate on FB. I took at look at what they post, it's mostly politics and replies to them posting about politics!

Let alone YouTube and other sites:

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't two divisional sides at war instead of joining each other, getting to the bottom of the corruption that is throughout! After all it took long enough, but instead of discussion there's endless bickering, and even violence offline.

I posted some thread earlier on in the POTUS's presidency but attempting to bring a union to the sides failed. With that was accused of being either side(LOL). The new demographic, which replaced many of the old time members don't want it, it's reflected by that the site no longer needs donations to thrive.

ATS used to have separate site sections, one was P(olitical)TS. I enjoyed that separation during the Bush years, while against him as most members seemed to be then especially being closer in the timeline to 9/11, etc., I wasn't interested in arguing politics during that era. Had enough of bickering and the concern trolls often ousted themselves but no one cared because it was "fun", from chat rooms in the past, as well as forums.

edit on 2-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: clarifying

edit on 2-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: penfold
I’ve been wondering for quite some time if it would be possible for ats to somehow separate the political threads which now make up about 75% of everything I see here, from the actual conspiracy theory or alternative threads that made ats great before the massive influx of people who would be better served visiting a political forum? I was lurking around here for years before I joined up and have seen a few different incarnations of ats ( hated them all at first but got used to them). This site used to be about things that the mainstream wouldn’t talk about, but now it’s just like coming to any forum anywhere, the only thing that makes it different is the great minds that are here. Is there a way to make ats a conspiracy site once again and have a separate ats political site?

You've been a member as long as me? The real indicator of what the majority of continuous topics are in only the NEW forum...

Everything from U. F. O.s to predictions, recipes to how to find parts for a '98 Volkswagan exist there.

I'd say the true indicator of diverse current topics is only there. Hence the forum heading NEW. Changing minute by minute, day after day, topic after topic... It's not politics as the majority.

'Depends where you bookmark ATS to open....

MS

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I find the recent activity tab to be the most varied. Obviously, politics are there as well, but the threads are listed due to thread activity. If members post in a thread, even the older ones, it will be listed there. I often have been led to some awesome thread that I had missed.
edit on 2 2 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It is already separate. The site is divided into very distinct categories and you should recognize the categories you are interested in by the names attached to each one. Use the tools the site provides to customize your home page to your own desires.

The site has not changed as the same variety of stories are ready for you to participate in, you just need to do due diligence in your own participation.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've said it before....

BRING BACK the functionality that allows one to "IGNORE" a forum/sub-forum and I'll gladly donate to ATS. Hell, I might even turn Ads back on

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
ATS is now a predominantly political website used by lobby groups to persuade and influence your opinions there are some very sophisticated, albeit intelligent, and might i say PAID posters whether new or not. tell tale signs are all over the place and also OPENLY admitted now as well just look at the second paragraph on the Q watching you thread if you want proof. Brain Gamer's subtlety moving your out look to there own slant.

This web site is a good place to watch a NATION being divided and eat itself alive, Ever notice when Obama was in office there was almost no mention of DC politics certainly not as focused and charged with new narratives EVERY WEEK....
WAKE UP WAKE UP YOUR BEING LED INTO ** PLANNED** DIVISION AND DESTRUCTION

Cant you see that ???? Take a step back and really look at what your being FED DAILY in the MEDIA NOW take a look at whats happening in the WORLD ..... What no one cares?? Figures..... Your right where they want you!

Star x10 if I could.

Well said

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well at least one person agree's while the rest are busy reading emails & Memo's Thanks!

a reply to: TXRabbit

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit
Oops, no stars in the forum.

So you know I agree as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
War By Other Means

As others have mentioned, a little over eleven years ago, we actually did split political topics off onto a separate website (AbovePolitics.com) commonly referred to as [email protected] or "PTS" for pretty much the same reasons that have been given in this thread.

Alas, it proved unpopular, fizzled, was eventually abandoned and political topics returned in earnest to ATS as a whole -- though they in fact had never left, because all throughout the existence of PTS, political topics remained extremely popular in even the most dedicated non-political forums.

I'm personally very sympathetic to the issue and think it would be nice to have more options to filter what shows up in the "Top" and "Recent" sections, and especially have the Mud Pit be "opt-in" for that.

But as the person formerly responsible for PTS, I can attest that cordoning off politics is a hell of a lot easier said than done.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

+1

ATS sucks these days

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Exactly why we don't separate things anymore. We lose direction otherwise. Although, I definitely understand the OP. This isn't really a political discussion board to begin with. I get that conspiracies and politics are often intertwined, but the amount of political posts spouting nonsense on ATS is ridiculous. It pushes the right kind of member away, and makes the trolls feel welcome.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I found ATS a few years ago, I think I was searching for things about ancient aliens and ancient archaeological sites. Call me crazy, but I do like that show Ancient Aliens.

That is what made this site interesting for me. There was still political b.s. back a few years ago, but this site is turning into just a constant barrage of political posts, or simple non political posts dragged into politics.

Please don't laugh about my like for Ancient Aliens. (I know here no one would.) But that is what I like, I just stay away from the politics. I have my feelings, and so does everyone else, and I am happier staying away from politics as much as possible. I have read a handful of the political posts, but I just don't get the hate directed at others constantly in an effort to just provoke.

I guess I should say, I have tried to avoid as much politics as possible the past couple of years. I used to get all worked up and get frustrated. This just made more of my hair jump off my head. I need good things in my life and I have been the one to cause the bad things the past years in my life. I wish I had learned this years ago. I'd have more hair!
edit on 6-2-2018 by terrapincb because: wanted to add that I have needed to change from the way I used to be about politics. I came here for aliens and old sites and that's what I come back for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join