It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The City of London Corporation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
The City of London motto as shown on coat of arms is "'DOMINE DIRIGE NOS' - This is ambiguous!

We are told by CoLC that this means "Lord, direct us", implying working for Christ. However use of a Latin English translator shows it could equally mean:

When in doubt, go to what is the accepted English translation.

Definition of Domine, dirige nos : Lord, guide us — motto of the City of London

As is with anything that is slightly unusual, or traditional, people attach any number of conspiracies and hoaxes, mainly because they don’t understand, or don’t want to understand the background.

The City of London’s traditions go back to the Saxon municipal arrangements, which were allowed to continue through William the Conqueror’s reign, and basically became fixed customs and practice as concessions were continuously gained through the last 1,000 years.

Concessions from the Crown were gained because of money. The old Kings needed cash to keep the nation going, so London (and other places) got privileges, which is why (as mentioned in the OP) London’s mentioned in the Magna Carta; what the OP failed to mention is that other places are also mentioned.

The CoLs governance is essentially a Court of Aldermen (or elders), as per Saxon tradition. The CoLC is part of the UK. It ain’t a separate state. It’s a local government council with traditions, and can show a continuous line of elections to office going back since the dawn of time.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

5) St. Paul worked closely with st Peter in Rome and they are buried together! However it was Paul who had the first church in Rome (before the vatican) and Paul who mingled pagan roman gods and festivals with Christianity. Some say Paul was the first pope, not Peter.

The mixing of Christian and Pagan can be attributed to Emperor Constantine, It was under Constantine (reigned from 306 to 337 AD) who stopped the persecution of Christians, so right there is a couple of hundred years persecuting Christians and killing them for entertainment. I see it as they couldn`t contain or stop the growth Christians so they incorporated and messed their Pagan beliefs to continue their Roman control.

In a very bad position on the battle field that Constantine (and his troops) found himself in, is said to have painted crosses in blood on the men`s shields (Red Cross) and won the battle.

Too much can be written about this and isn`t the topic but it wasn`t by the apostle Paul or Peter rubbish sorry JAC.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I used to run a pub in Whitechapel and it was just down the road from the square mild and me and a pal used to go for midnight walks there, it is very quiet after midnight there and on ever occasion the city police turned up to ask us what we were doing.
They protect the banks can't have plebs walking about after dark there eh?.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf
Very interesting lead Badw0lf!

Your second link:

Truth-now.net

Under the section "Interesting. let's take a look a little closer", 3rd parag, asks how international trade can be reciprocal if Australia registered as corporation in U.S. but not the other way round.

Didn't Trump state that hence forth he wanted Trade agreements to be reciprocal?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Just like the Vatican, the CoL appears to be a nation unto itself, not governed by any body elected by the people. Odd. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Just like the Vatican, the CoL appears to be a nation unto itself, not governed by any body elected by the people.

I am sorry but the City of London is not and does not present any features of self government. It's a local authority with some deeply rooted traditions.

It has a Member of Parliament, has MEP representatives (for now at least). The CoL has a small population, elected and (mostly) no partisan representatives, and where reps are annually elected.

Here you go

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Second addition here avoiding the thread angel.

Here we have another city state, perhaps we are a bit
more familiar with this one.

Washington D.C.

Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as "Washington", "the District", or simply "D.C.", is the capital of the United States. The signing of the Residence Act on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast.

en.wikipedia.org...

Washington DC is not one of the 50 states. But it's an important part of the U.S. The District of Columbia is our nation's capital. Congress established the federal district from land belonging to the states of Maryland and Virginia in 1790.

at.usembassy.gov...

So this makes three city states.

Are there others? Really curious if anyone has an answer to that, thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I am sorry but the City of London is not and does not present any features of self government. It's a local authority with some deeply rooted traditions.

But why let the truth get in the way of a good tale, eh?! I actually worked for the Corporation of London for a couple of years in the 1980's. It is a local authority with a few quirks. As for D.C. being "a DISTRICT of the CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION controlled under Admiralty International Flag Law" ... oh, dear.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

originally posted by: paraphi

But why let the truth get in the way of a good tale, eh?! I actually worked for the Corporation of London for a couple of years in the 1980's. It is a local authority with a few quirks. As for D.C. being "a DISTRICT of the CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION controlled under Admiralty International Flag Law" ... oh, dear.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm so glad you put that conspiracy to rest for us, no need to dig further now we have the word from an employee from the 80s.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: muzzleflashthe queen

The Queen.....I saw Picture of her when she was 23 or so...and ....are we tellin the truth here at ATS....is that right ok..well

she was samokin hot oh man.....samokin out of this world gorgeous

I think her sister looked a lot better, not later in life though, tobacco and alcohol did its terrible work.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am glad to see you write a post about this. I remember reading into all this some 8 years ago and realising how crazy and blinded we all are. The UK continues to pretend it does not control anything and that the rest of the world runs free in its own right, yet they do not. The earth is owned by this small island and they will exercise this right whenever they wish to show enough is enough. The queen owns the seas and anything it touches, America is a corporation of the UK and they are given liberty (statue of liberty) to do as they please. (liberty is only having mum and dad say its ok to play, if they (UK) decide enough is enough, it ends.)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
The earth is owned by this small island and they will exercise this right whenever they wish to show enough is enough. The queen owns the seas and anything it touches, America is a corporation of the UK and they are given liberty (statue of liberty) to do as they please.

To which International Law, or other device makes the US so subservient to the UK? For laws to be applied they need to be known. Exactly how is the US a "corporation" of the UK. In your own words, please explain.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I used to run a pub in Whitechapel and it was just down the road from the square mild and me and a pal used to go for midnight walks there, it is very quiet after midnight there and on ever occasion the city police turned up to ask us what we were doing.
They protect the banks can't have plebs walking about after dark there eh?.

You could be the new jack the ripper , just going to check prostitutes have not been murdered in a star pattern like last time

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Off to Square Mile tomorrow with few hours free time... shout if there's any investigations or photo taking I can do.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Oh, so they arent robbing the uk of tax receipts, and everything is accounted for?

Are the special rights are granted to every citizen, like the Saxon tradition?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

here we are looking at some of the main actors...

it's important to understand how they're status makes it difficult for the established geopolitical system to hold them accountable for any wrongdoing. they play kind of behind the curtain but still on stage...

there is another figure in this play most don't know.
The so called Bank of International settlement.

bank of international settlement

located in Switzerland Basel but not quite. as stated in the Wikipedia it is Extraterritorial jurisdiction.
they handle the big money. 60 central banks own the BiS.

might be worth a closer read
; )

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This stuff all goes back to the Rothchilds who seem so far to of escaped the major backlashes that come when masses awaken to how the Babylon control system is put together.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Two relevant vids.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join