It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Sick Tears skit.... Frank Zappa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
this is a great skit.
please give it a listen...

from 1969

you put the milk in your drinking hole. hahahahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The best. Zappa is inspirational.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Brilliant man, brilliant music, brilliant social commentary.
And he really did like putting it up the poop chute of the establishment...
Dont think he made too many friends there.... think of the cesspit breeding ground of the Gorez...
Im sure there is a conspiracy to his death (@53).... if anybody nowadays can be bothered to look....
He should have been president.
'Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.'
'The '60s was really stupid … It was a type of merchandising, Americans had this hideous weakness, they had this desire to be OK, fun guys and gals, and they haven't come to terms with the reality of the situation: we were not created equal. Some people can do carpentry, some people can do mathematics, some people are brain surgeons and some people are winos and that's the way it is, and we're not all the same. This concept of one world-ism, everything blended and smoothed out to this mediocre norm that everybody downgrades themselves to be is stupid. The '60s was merchandised to the public at large... My pet theory about the '60s is that there is a sinister plot behind it... The lessons learnt in the '60s about merchandising stupidity to the American public on a large scale have been used over and over again since that time.'

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Also one of few rock mucisian's who never drank or used drugs,was one of best guitar players in the world,a very different sort,I liked him

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Also one of few rock mucisian's who never drank or used drugs,was one of best guitar players in the world,a very different sort,I liked him

he smoked weed a few time and used to drink a quart of beer here in there in the early days when he first hooked up with beefheart.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

no conspiracy worth anything.
he had prostate cancer. suffered for a bit.

want to talk about visionary?
check this out

an idea of his from 1983 about getting music

www.techdirt.com...

We propose to acquire the rights to digitally duplicate and store THE BEST of every record company's difficult-to-move Quality Catalog Items [Q.C.I.], store them in a central processing location, and have them accessible by phone or cable TV, directly patchable into the user's home taping appliances, with the option of direct digital-to-digital transfer to F-1 (SONY consumer level digital tape encoder), Beta Hi-Fi, or ordinary analog cassette (requiring the installation of a rentable D-A converter in the phone itself . . . the main chip is about $12).

All accounting for royalty payments, billing to the customer, etc. would be automatic, built into the initial software for the system.
The consumer has the option of subscribing to one or more Interest Categories, charged at a monthly rate, without regard for the quantity of music he or she decides to tape. Providing material in such quantity at a reduced cost could actually diminish the desire to duplicate and store it, since it would be available any time day or night.
Monthly listings could be provided by catalog, reducing the on-line storage requirements of the computer. The entire service would be accessed by phone, even if the local reception is via TV cable.

The advantage of the TV cable is: on those channels where nothing ever seems to happen (there's about 70 of them in L.A.), a visualization of the original cover art, including song lyrics, technical data, etc., could be displayed while the transmission is in progress, giving the project an electronic whiff of the original point-of-purchase merchandising built into the album when it was 'an album', since there are many consumers who like to fondle & fetish the packaging while the music is being played. In this situation, Fondlement & Fetishism Potential [F.F.P.] is supplied, without the cost of shipping tons of cardboard around.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Weird. Back in the day or Limewire, Joe's Garage Acts II & III was one of the CDs I had available for sharing. After a few months, I received a message from the estate of Frank Zappa to remove them.

Anywho. While I love this song, I don't have it on playlists that I have other people listen to. I feel like most people just wouldn't understand what it's saying. Not the people I tend to hang out with, anyway.

top topics

join