It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three of Rick Gates Lawyers Just Abruptly Quit — Plea Deal Coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ok, what should be a good indicator would be that Tom Green decided to quit from this defense team. And here is why:

If you are involved in a scandal in politics, especially in the Federal Government, you would want the best lawyer, and this is the lawyer to do such. He has 30 years of doing such, including getting some who were caught up in the Watergate, off or reduced sentences.

By his stating he would not be representing this man, does not bode well, as that legal team has had time enough to look at the evidence against him, and something tells me that it may not be good.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: UKTruth
Seems like you are working overtime at the moment, but you won't deflect from the memo regardless of your flurry of threads.
I suspect the lawyers have quit because they are no longer needed.
Mueller is done, as is the whole Russia scam.
The Obama administration used govt power to spy on Trump's campaign in order to try and rig the election and then destroy the incoming administration with propaganda.
You were party to this corruption - hopefully unwittingly.

Lmao. If you could only hear yourself. "You were party to this corruption" — ROFLMAO. You know what you should do? You should write all this into a memo and send it to somebody!

Yawn.

Ah yes, there you go. Stil trying to discredit a memo you haven't seen because your Democrat masters say so. Yu must be really worried about what is in it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Rick Gates singing would probably bring down the Podestas. Why are you so upset about this thread?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Because he is going to get found out eventually.
he did thank Russia for trumps win.
Well done ATS though not seen much but but Clinton in this thread for a change.
I'm starting to think the guy in charge of the FBI is going to sort em all out left and right.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You think charges are being dropped and you're calling me silly.

Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

She was already interviewed.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You don't see the hypocrisy do you? Defending a memo you haven't seen by telling someone else they are discrediting a memo they haven't seen.

Word is this isn't the slam dunk it's been built up to be. What a surprise!🎈

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You don't see the hypocrisy do you? Defending a memo you haven't seen by telling someone else they are discrediting a memo they haven't seen.

I'd rather wait to see it.
One thing is for sure; a memo from the House Intelligence Committee carries far more weight than a dossier from a foreign agent, put together with the help of Russian operatives.
But we'll see.

edit on 2/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The memo doesn't carry any more weight than the dossier. The dossier is actually way more credible.
The memo is an opinion piece. Written by someone who never even saw the source material.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Besides she’s only In trouble if she gets tricked into a interview without her lawyer... say like Flynn.

Which is to say that it's more important that she keeps her mouth shut than if she tells what she knows?
That doesn't sound very patriotic.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'd rather wait to see it.
One thing is for sure; a memo from the House Intelligence Committee carries far more weight than a dossier from a foreign agent, put together with the help of Russian operatives.
But we'll see.

Did Devin Nunes read the fisa application?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Only one could read the FISA application, so Nunes appointed Trey Gowdy. Gowdy's background makes him the logical choice. Then Gowdy reported to the others what was in the application.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Only one could read the FISA application, so Nunes appointed Trey Gowdy. Gowdy's background makes him the logical choice. Then Gowdy reported to the others what was in the application.

So he didn't read and wouldn't even understand it. That's good to know he sits on the head of the Intel committee..

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

??
Logically, just because one person is the most qualified in no way means that others are unqualified.

edit on 2/3/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

??
Logically, just because one person is the most qualified in no way means that others are unqualified.

Sure. Except if you were plan in on releasing a memo that is political cherades you may want to read it yourself. Not a set of notes.

If Gowdy is most qualified he should be the head of the committee. In fact they should get rid of Schiff and Nunes altogether who are like children. Burr and Grassley don't seem to have this problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Rick Gates Attorneys Said Their Reason for Quitting Mueller Case Would Be ‘Embarrassing’ to Client

“As a basis for counsel’s motion to withdraw as counsel of record, undersigned counsel wish to inform the Court that irreconcilable differences have developed with the client which make our effective representation of the client impossible,”

Attorneys Shanlon Wu, Walter Mack, and AnneMarie McAvoy wanted to keep this filing sealed, when they asked to withdraw from the case on Friday.
In their motion for leave to file that document under seal, they said the “exhibit involves highly sensitive matters concerning the Defendant and public disclosure of the information would potentially be prejudicial to the Defendant as well as embarrassing.”

lawandcrime.com...

In other words he's guilty as sin & they don't want to represent him anymore, irreconcilable differences indeed.

K~

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

It probably means he lied to them or didn't share the full story with them or refused to follow their legal advice. Possibly that he suggested to commit a new crime to cover up an old one, but it just means he's an idiot (usually the case when you have multiple changes in council), not necessarily that he's guilty of what he's charged with. They are probably convinced he is best served by a plea, and he wants to fight it. I know next to nothing about the case, so I'm not going to guess if he's guilty or innocent, but as I reflected above:

They're talking about new representation already and a trial date. That actually suggests to me he's not flipped.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Except the new lawyer he retained is well known in DC circles for cutting deals with the feds.

K~

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

We'll see. I'm not making any statements of guilt or innocence. I just don't see council withdrawal as evidence they are withdrawing because he is guilty as sin or that he is pursuing a plea. Especially when the news comes with a trial date.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join