It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever had a boss you just cant deal with cause of stupid comments?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Life's too short to work with people you can't stand.

Just make sure you have another job before leaving.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You should put a huge dose of laxatives in his drink or food, and his talk about almost crapping himself will become all too real. Eric Cartman would approve:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

would be great.
couple blasts of visene in his coffee. i have plenty of that laying around

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Gunther?

If you don't want me to talk any more, all you had to do was ask.

*sheesh*

(now I have to poop again)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
how would you handle it?
thanks for listening

I partake in di Jah Fiyah.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Gunther?

If you don't want me to talk any more, all you had to do was ask.

*sheesh*

(now I have to poop again)

Yeah, thank you for perfectly demonstrating the kind of feeble minded mentality some of us must endure every single day, just to ensure the bank doesn't forfeit our property...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Don't complain to HR or the BBB. You'll still need him for references.

The tricky thing about changing companies is that you could end up somewhere worse, but you could also end up somewhere better. If it is stressing you out as in high cortisol levels, getting tense and wanting to eat all the time, then yes, do look for a new job. It won't do your health any good. Easy way is to join various groups on meetup(s?).com and meet people outside of work. That's how most people in my home small-town city changed jobs.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You're welcome.

Now get back to work.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Now get back to work.

yeah, I'm on it boss!

Just gotta hopefully get myself a few hours sleep first...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

How would you handle it?
thanks for listening

I'd take an empty glass bottle with cover, and a brown paper bag, to work.
Then I'd go to the washroom and fill the bottle with fresh urine. Put it in the paper bag, and place it on my desk or work area.

Then, when my boss comes over and starts his # tirade next time, I'd tell him I have a question to ask him.
Then, I'd take the bottle out of the paper bag, and show him. Then, say "My doctor wanted this sample from me, and I just made this fresh, but I'm not sure that the color is right. I think it should be darker, looks like too much water in my system." Then ask him for advice, whether he thinks you should try again later, to get a better color, before handing in your sample to your doctor."

He'll never talk to you about these silly things again.

You see, some people like to "rant", and just want to "be heard", but they don't want "to listen" to others. So far, you've been a patient "listener", and that's the problem. Make him listen to you, and he'll change immediately. He won't want to come up to you and "trigger" another conversation along those lines, where you have something to say in return. So, he won't start with that nonsense anymore.

Guaranteed.

It's just a bit of psychology.

When you reverse the situation on a person, they become aware of the beam in their own eye, and quit on their own.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Tell him to see a shrink about his anal fetish enthusiasm in the workplace

Yeah I got a "hes trying to be creepy and talk about his deviant sex style to y'all" it's like... Verbal flashing.

I might be way the hell off base though, that's just what I thought.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

youre not
several people think he is a creeper for various reasons.
someone told me that today

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'd just be blunt with him.

As for the ass talk....
"Do you want me here to work or talk about your ass problems?"
"'-cause that's not the visual I want in my head all day"

Cordial, but assertive.

"Man, your a riot to talk to, but I can't talk and work at the same time, I need to focus here buddy."

Shut him down dude.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I suspect your boss has some type of disorder or mental illness. It's almost like compulsive talking/behavior, with anger issues. He has no clue about boundaries. He also doesn't respect your personal space. These may be things to do some research on.

Things that come to mind are adhd (never diagnosed and he's out of control because he really is out of control), narcissist behaviour and being a bully.

Don't know if it will help but this is what I would recommend:
- put up a sign on your office door that says, "on lunch, do not disturb". Nothing wrong with that and most people would envy you having that mental disconnection from work. And you do - you need that mental break. If anyone questions it you can say you are making personal calls to your family, doctor, working on a personal project, taking a nap (lie and say you have insomnia).
- if you have someone that you know that has had mental illness/adhd use them as an example and somehow bring it up and your boss may see similarities in his own life and seek help.
- he sounds lonely and unheard. Many lonely people ramble on because they just want recognition/are so desperately lonely/are compulsive talkers/don't know how to deal with silence
- tell him you can't handle the toilet talk, that you have a weak stomach (if you need to lie). I don't believe lying is the very best solution, but sometimes it has to be done for your own mental sanity
- he has impulse control issues - has no idea how to regulate himself. He just has no idea. It's not your job to teach him but again, if it gives you some sanity and allows you to keep your job then again maybe make up a story about someone and how they totally changed their life, etc.
- religion: you just don't want to talk about it.

You have the right to set boundaries at your work life. I would try these tricks/do research on some of what I've outlined and it may help you cope or solve what is happening. You can never control another person, but you can find ways to understand that other person and sometimes with understanding you are suddenly able to let such behaviour slide by. It would be a shame to leave a job you enjoy and are making a good wage at.

You might tell your boss that you would love to spend quality time with him during your breaks (allow him personal time - I think he admires you and has glued himself to you) and tell him you simply need to concentrate and so need to be able to do your best without distractions. Perhaps a radio?

Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
I suspect your boss has some type of disorder or mental illness. It's almost like compulsive talking/behavior

That's exactly what it is. The boss is under lots of stress. This is how he deals with that stress. He talks about any trivial thing that comes into his mind. It helps him cope.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I totally feel for ya.
My last job was 12 hr shifts of inane endless moronic co-worker talking. They never shut up,and 99% of the topics in any other workplace would have gotten them all fired. Quitting was a joy.

One of the first things in my current job was announcing to anyone an everyone how AMAZING the no-talking thing is!
As some were cold-shouldering me I was "squeeeeeing" all over about what a fabulous perk it was!!!
Total 2-fer on that, but I digress.

Now when a co-worker decides to have a bout of verbal diarrhea they get the "Nope! No Talking, absolutely no talking, walking away now, NO TALKING" It's one of my unpaid perks an I'm not giving it up.

However in your case, an I get that there may not be a ton of other jobs close, but since your Boss has spent mucho time describing bodily functions it's safe to say "the floor is open" to you just telling him you don't want to hear about his issues. First off you're not a doctor but if you gotta keep hearing it it'll cost him $5.99 a minute. He may decide to just call Mz. Cleo she's cheaper.

Secondly I very bluntly interrupt loudly asking "Did we get married??!! I don't remember if we did but much like your wife I give zero-f's" This is usually shocking enough I have time to wander off. If they keep talking they get "Whoa there!! Dinner an a movie first!!" It's witty enough they're too shocked to get pissy.

IIRC preaching at work is a serious no-no an corporate will have an opinion. Physical outbursts are also a no-fly zone an
even with no HR an employment attorney is free for a consult. Drastic case you get attorney to draft a letter. At that point any retaliation is illegal.

BTW...back in the day Midol was just left for guys as needed. I'd just hand this dude a box of immodium & some duct tape. He's a Boss, he'll figure it out.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

a reply to: ColeYounger

would be great.
couple blasts of visene in his coffee. i have plenty of that laying around

I think you would both do well were your boss to stay away from you,
and keep a close watch.

I would not let you out of my sight.

You had best hope that your superior doesn’t come down with tetrahydrozoline poisoning.

Coma is just one of the symptoms; diarrhea, fyi, is not.

I wonder how many persons you despise the # out of.

# 940
edit on 2-2-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
All right, I’ll be the first to say it. If he has money, videotape that #, post it on here so we can laugh about it, and then take it to the lawyers. This could be a nice little windfall for you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join