It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever had a boss you just cant deal with cause of stupid comments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
because i cant take it.
it is to the point i am going to have to look for another job i think. trust me when i say that going to HR will do nothing.

he is pretty decent as a boss as far as work related # goes. he gets my back. approves my vacation immediately every time. things like that.

personally though he is a piece of # and a moron and i cant take it anymore.
how would you handle this?
what would you do?

so here are some examples.

he constantly talks about almost #ting his pants in great detail. keep in mind when he talks about this # while i am jacked in trying to take my measurements and it is distracting. i took about 1300 measurements today with mics and calipers all while listening to his #.

anyway he seems to enjoy telling me how since he drinks so much water when he gets to work he is almost #ting his pants and he has to clench his cheeks together and waddle in and go right to the bathroom. then i get to hear about the amount and the consistency.
the other day we were working across the street and he told me how he almost # himself and he thought he was going to have to take his undies off and throw them in the pit.

i mean WTF?

rosie odonnel said that sarah sanders belongs in hell and rosie should be pistol whipped for saying that because if you know what hell is like you would never wish a person to go there

the gays and the feminists are ruining the country

the GM is a tight jew cause he did not want to pay to get his visa expedited to he could go to Brazil

stephen hawkings(how he says it) is an idiot and does not know #. none of the scientists know #. they are all just guessing and the bible the bible the bible

when he was getting divorced he went to his house(wasnt staying there) and found condoms. he thought they were his teenage sons but found out they were his soon to be ex. he told me he was going to poke holes in the condoms to 'show her'

--------

let me also say its not about his political leanings. i really dont care. we dont need to be on the same page as everything. but he starts going off about # like how people should be pistol whipped for saying something and it just bothers me.

it bothers me because it is not tongue in cheek and he is spouting this # while i am trying to work. i just dont want to hear it.

he constantly talks about the bible and blah blah...
i dont want to #ing hear it.

he also throws fits at work when # dont go right. he throws #. he kicks garbage cans around. last week he picked up his office chair and slammed it into the wall and one of the wheels put a hole in the wall.

--------

bottom line is a person should be able to work without getting preached to and without having to hear about someone #ting themselves every damn day.
i just dont know what to do.

how would you handle it?
thanks for listening

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This should be in the "rant"

But, I do agree with you. No one should have to deal with that sh*t, litterally. Report him to the BBB or something. Or just suck it up and look for another job, if that's a realistic option.
Or, talk to him and threaten to quit if it doesn't change.

Good luck to you and your future endeavors

PS, it never hurts to wipe an extra time.

edit on 1-2-2018 by slapjacks because: as

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
🤔... you ok ?

I’ve never seen such a mixed up post from you. I understand its a rant to a degree, and your boss sounds like a weirdo... but you were all over the map in that OP. Now take a deep breath ..

ETA: sorry ... I didn’t understand that the whole OP was about your boss. Read like you were going off on your own tangents to me .. 😏.. my bad.
edit on 1-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
🤔... you ok ?

I’ve never seen such a mixed up post from you. I understand its a rant to a degree, and your boss sounds like a weirdo... but you were all over the map in that OP. Now take a deep breath ..

thanks for asking but no not really.
it may read as trivial but it is mentally taxing and i dont feel i should have to listen to it.

i was on the floor all day and he was next to me from 8:30 til 2:45
its a lot to listen to when you are trying to focus.
its a lot to listen to when you are not trying to focus

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't blame you I don't care for that kind of banter either though thankfully I've never had "Crapping my pants daily" banter with anyone I work with. I feel like you'd be justified in saying something though I don't know I'd have the charisma myself to tell him to stuff those topics up his rear.

If you won't have trouble finding a new job or even transferring to another supervisors team I'd say go for it.

-Alee

PS I'm in a manager position where I work and this group I sit near was screaming angrily about millennials and young people and how they don't belong in the work place because our HR lady sent them an undesirable response. She's my age. I got tired of hearing it and decided since my son was ill I would just leave and work from home to care for him as well but on the way out one asked why I was leaving and I promptly said "Because I'm too young to be respected here." The look on their faces was priceless.

edit on 2/1/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You could say, you told me that yesterday and the day before. Find out what his interests are and try changing the subject. Or, just try to humour him, like, i hope you changed your underwear from yesterday, or i hope you've got as change of underwear EVERY time he starts. Difficult i know when you are trying to work, and if you got something wrong it would fall on you not him.

Do you think he will still be doing it in 1 years time or might he get bored himself of it?

I would just play along with his stupidness and try find another job if you can, as soon as you can, but try leave on good terms with him and the company.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
500lb of bananas and ï will get him to quit....
No questions asked.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

hard to play along when he says # you detest. when he preaches and i dont want to be preached to.

he will be doing it in a year.

i worked for the company for a couple years. left for a few months and have been back for about 8 months.
it has been varying levels of this the whole time.

we have different offices so depending on what is going on i can go a few days without seeing much of him but then other days i am stuck next to him all day long.

he also likes to come in my office about 2 minutes after i start my lunch to talk about whatever bull# i dont want to talk about for 20 minutes and then when my lunch is almost over he goes into his office for his lunch break.

he shares an office with the warehouse manager and she is super tired of him too.
he does not talk about #ting his pants and poking holes in condoms and such around her but he throws # around and preaches and constantly butts in when she is trying to talk to her crew.

i think my best bet might be to have a little heart to heart with her tomorrow when she comes in because i am there a half hour before her. her guys dont roll in for 30 minutes after she gets there so her and i have a half hour together where we can talk.
we usually chat for a few minutes in the morning and we usually do a little bitching about him but tomorrow i think i might feel her out to see if we can get something going.
dont know how or what but something has to give like right now

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I had a boss that talked shIt all the time, kick'in ass this and super bad ass that......

So I keyed the Motorola radio (walkie talkie) that goes to every corner of the 288 Acre manufacturing plant during a super bad ass rant.

It took a long time for him to be so "talkative" again.

edit on 1-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
because i cant take it.
how would you handle it?
thanks for listening

Noise-cancelling headphones.

Sucks that you have to work all day beside your boss. That's not a balanced pair.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I used to work in the logging industry and there is no shortage of disgusting talk—a sort of gallows humor—that probably wouldn't be heard outside of our crew. I suspect it was mostly used as a coping mechanism for having to work such an arduous, tedious, and difficult job. I bet your coworker is simply coping with a sh#t-day, passing the tedium with silly poop-humor.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The sad truth is that whilst you hate this someone else would have a blast, it is fairly obvious that this person has no f#cking idea what or how you feel so straight away stop sitting on the fence and if it is that bad then simply tell they to STF up and to leave you alone..

Worst thing is work gets a bit worse and you leave which is what you are contemplating anyway, or it could be the signal the person needs to stop bringing their pub talk into the work place..

I have worked with uber serious types and with total clowns, I can get on with anyone which is a talent in its self, not everyone has the temper of a saint and you seem to be about one step away from stabbing this person in the neck with a pencil.. Speak up and get it resolved, work is bad enough without feeling like this...

RA

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
how would you handle it?
thanks for listening

Well, it all really depends on what country you live in and what rights as a worker your entitled too..

If your in the US and can be legally fired for no good reason, than you should just put your head down, work hard and just deal with it... unless you have a better option.

But, if you've got the title as a 'fulltime' employee in a country such as Australia, where you can't easily be fired... then you should just play the game right to the line... Make it your mission to make his every waking day a horrible drama ...

Just make sure your looking your boss right in the eyes when you do it, just to let him know, that your totally #ing with him, big time... but theirs nothing he can do about it, cause you rock up to work everyday on time and do a good job....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
im no monk here so i dont want to get it twisted. i am pretty weird.
i love humor. i love off color humor. i love vulgar humor.

i love it when it is humor.
i dont love it when it is serious.

i dont want to hear me religious talk about poking holes in the x's condoms.
dont need to hear about the particulars of a bowel movement.

definitely do not want or need to be preached to

im there to work and get # done i feel like i should be able to do that without his crap.

and also and this is just a buggaboo for me.

he is writing down my numbers all day and his god damn fingernails look like they have pencil lead under them. its nasty as hell. thats minor but it is just one more thing i am coming to despise about him.

everyone should be free to have their opinions and beliefs.

when that person talks about poking holes in condoms and talking about how people should be pistol whipped for making a comment about someone then i tend to feel they are a piece of # and do not want to be around it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Wait, do you work with my brother in law?

No but seriously, the work day is too long to deal with Sh*t, but you never know if you will be jumping from the pan into the fire if you switch jobs. Man, I feel ya, some people just can make a normal job miserable.
Have you ever said anything to him, maybe he think you are his best friend. Some people are dense like that. You have to tell them straight up that they annoy you and you don't want to hear their nonsense and you're just trying to do your work.

Next time he throws something, jump right in front of it and then sue for physical and emotional damage.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This thread should be about how you told your boss to "take this job and shove it"

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The gays and the feminist are NOT ruining the country. SOME gays and SOME feminist maybe. Just like SOME Republicans and SOME Democrats. SOME whites and SOME blacks.

STOP, please everyone, stop with the childish and frankly totally inaccurate generalizations. Deny ignorance, for God's sake please.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Be honest with him and gently tell him you are tired of hearing his crap.
edit on 1-2-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

you are right my friend.
i am no saint and i can and do say off color #. not to everyone though.

it sucks having to work next to someone you would never associate with..

there are so many more things. today was just especially taxing i guess.

i work in a foundry man. i have enough # to stress about, worry about, watch out for, listen to etc etc without his # on top of it.

today when i walked in to get some water he was eating with his dirty ass nails and the shipping manager asked me how i was doing and gave me the look and nodded towards him. i gave her the look and said i want to pollack by brains all over the wall.

she got it
he didnt

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Tell him to see a shrink about his anal fetish enthusiasm in the workplace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join