It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Eshel

Considering this is the same poster that said this gem:

originally posted by: Numbers123
a reply to: seasonal

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that.

I'd just ignore him. He can't tell the difference between 2.5% and 20%.

I know I should. The whole thing calling me a "liar" about hard facts just sticks in my crawl a bit. I'll try to moderate myself

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'd like to know, if we're doing so much better with oil production, why gas prices are at an all time high, where are the $0.99 a gallon gas, I saw in 1998, when we were so reliant on others?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Before we say trickle down economics is or is not working, the reality is that we should wait for one year, and then take a look at it.

Historically it does not work, and often fails, causing far more problems for the people than it helps. The idea is nice, however it very rarely translates out.
One of the problems with the unemployment numbers is that they are often inaccurate. It does not take into account the number of people who are actually unemployed and are not collecting any sort of benefits what so ever. Or have quit looking. But what is shown is that the unemployment rate has been going down for the past 8 years, going from over 10% down.

When it comes to minority unemployment rates, the numbers there paint a very different picture and one can see the numbers going up and down. From what I see, it goes up in the fall and winter and tarts to drop down in the spring and summer, looking like temporary or seasonal jobs. Is it a major drop, no, it is a normal drop and I would say it is market driven. Course when Trump gave the speech to congress, the minority unemployment rate actually went up, by over a point. But I would say that is normal for that time of year and not due to the policies set forth.

And these tax breaks are going to be short lived. The government finding itself short on money will have no choice but to raise those taxes, after all the infrastructure that they are wanting will have to be paid for. So yeah, that is nice that the people get that one time tax cut, only to have to pay more the next year to make ends meet.
And what if the market goes from bull to bear?

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join