It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Numbers123

I get it- you like Trump. I'll send you a tutu and some pom poms.

Look at it this way...corporate tax cuts will only hurt mama and papa corner stores who helped build the nation. Roadhouses on route 66, Food trucks at college football games etc, but yet the big boys get the cuts. Trump only knows money and screw the family businesses and their concerns, I've seen it happen- My local burger shop has gone through four owners in six years due to taxes. But mega markets? rewarded.

I'll leave you with a tip...NO ONE want's to see unnecessary CAPS LOCK because it's ANNOYING and it doesn't MAKE your POST anymore IMPORTANT then other posts-it's pretty much a banner that says 'look at me!!!'

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

**SNIP**

I'm a working democrat. The only thing I see from this "break" so far is my paycheck is literally $6.00 more. Wow, that sure helps.

Getting real tired of over generalization. (so much more I want to say but T&C)

Lucky you. Everyone at my factory making 8.80 to 11 an hour has LOST $20.00 on all our checks. We are so angry and it doesn't help at all. Screwed us a lot.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

**SNIP**

I'm a working democrat. The only thing I see from this "break" so far is my paycheck is literally $6.00 more. Wow, that sure helps.

Getting real tired of over generalization. (so much more I want to say but T&C)

Lucky you. Everyone at my factory making 8.80 to 11 an hour has LOST $20.00 on all our checks. We are so angry and it doesn't help at all. Screwed us a lot.

Like most people the only trickle down you feel is some prick pissing down your leg and expecting you to be happy about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I get it- you like Trump. I'll send you a tutu and some pom poms.

Look at it this way...corporate tax cuts will only hurt mama and papa corner stores who helped build the nation. Roadhouses on route 66, Food trucks at college football games etc, but yet the big boys get the cuts. Trump only knows money and screw the family businesses and their concerns, I've seen it happen- My local burger shop has gone through four owners in six years due to taxes. But mega markets? rewarded.

I'll leave you with a tip...NO ONE want's to see unnecessary CAPS LOCK because it's ANNOYING and it doesn't MAKE your POST anymore IMPORTANT then other posts-it's pretty much a banner that says 'look at me!!!'

Ummm... I am not sure I like Trump, I like what he is doing....

And mom and pop shops got a MASSIVE Tax break, so your facts are devoid of reality. Basically small business gets a 20% tax break because of the break to pass through entities.

As to your local burger joint, non-franchise restaurants have the highest failure rates of and class of business in America. The fact you see one struggling is irrelevant to the strength of the over all economy.

A much better indicator is the NFIB survey of small business owners confidence, its at all time highs.

Maybe looking at facts, not the DNC's talking points, to form opinions would be useful?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Either your HR department is screwing up and over withholding, or you are lying. IRS released payroll tax tables and withholdings went down for EVERYONE.

So 1) go talk to your HR Dept and ask a few questions, or 2) stop lying.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

1) tell me again who started with "slurs"

In other words, you ain't doing much work, you ain't working many hours, or you ain't telling the truth....

2) let me once again prove your ignorance. (because I was smart enough to capture my original post)
Here's where your math falls apart bub.
I make $521.00 a week after taxes. Salary. Now, let's see you redo your math and call me a "liar" again.

It's self-righteous people like you that make the rest of your party look petty and foolish.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: lostbook

They make more they will get more. 2% is nothing if you make nothing but 2% is a lot if you make a billion. U can't blame them when you don't produce anything and not paying any taxes to get anything back.

I work and pay taxes like everyone else. You don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Numbers123

Either your HR department is screwing up and over withholding, or you are lying. IRS released payroll tax tables and withholdings went down for EVERYONE.

Those few dollars an hour can put you into a higher tax bracket.

It's happened to lots of us.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

1) tell me again who started with "slurs"

In other words, you ain't doing much work, you ain't working many hours, or you ain't telling the truth....

2) let me once again prove your ignorance. (because I was smart enough to capture my original post)
Here's where your math falls apart bub.
I make $521.00 a week after taxes. Salary. Now, let's see you redo your math and call me a "liar" again.

It's self-righteous people like you that make the rest of your party look petty and foolish.

So you make $521 after tax, ummm... so maybe what, $16 to $17 an hour? If your working a 40 hour week.

So your making $32K to $34K a year, lets split it and call it $33K. Your child tax credit just doubled if that is available to you, That is roughly $20/week.

If your single you were in the 15% bracket, now your in the 12% bracket.

Let's assume you are filing using the standard deduction, that was $6300, now its $12000, or $5700 that will not be taxed at 15%, or just under $1500, or just under $30 a week.

If your married the numbers get bigger.

So 1) you are lying, or 2) not smart enough to tell your HR Dept to adjust your withholding. I don't know which, but we get the same output, fake news....

In no scenario does your math work....

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

That is not how tax brackets work.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Everybody owes, everybody pays

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Can we not have trickle up economics instead. Trickle down does not work if it did wealth disparity would be decreasing. Its doing the very opposite.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
in theory trickle down tells us that the corporations will become more competitive and bring jobs back. Has it ever done that in the past? During the neocon Bush years it did just the opposite. With deregulation the corporation made a grand exodus for cheap labor overseas.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is why the country needs national protectionist trade policies in place. Bush/neocon model was loathe to protect the US in trade deals. It's my #1 gripe against them (alongside a decent number of minor leftward shifts in social policy). For trickle down to work its full magic, it needs to be embraced alongside major import tariffs, penalties for offshoring and outsourcing, and a major reduction in domestic regulations.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: mblahnikluver

Find another insurance company to work for, my lowest paid receptionist makes a lot more than $13/hr, and we live in a low cost of living area!

Figured it was a matter of time before some clueless, smug smartass who doesn't know MBlah's background and the major struggle it took to find a job where there are none to tell her to just up & get another job on a whim.

Maybe you should simply keep your bootstrapper opinions to yourself & your mouth shut on this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Not paid hourly, so that's a number we can throw out immediately. (pay attention to the replies, it'll help)

No child tax credit. So that number is meaningless.
Married, filed jointly so those numbers don't work.

My scenario works perfectly. If you'd like to come down here and give it a look, I'll be happy to show you.

But if you want to sit here and call me a "liar", well that's a different story. I stare reality right in the face. I know the numbers I see and have discussed it with my HR.

So 1) not a liar
or 2) not dumb ("not smart enough")

I really wish we could have this discussion face to face. There's a lot about manners you need to learn.

But it's easy to shut me up. Here's how. I make 32k a year. Illinois. Now do your math and tell me what I'm making before the change and after. (I'll bet you get both numbers wrong)

But I get the feeling you're not smart enough to figure it out.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Considering this is the same poster that said this gem:

a reply to: seasonal

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that.

I'd just ignore him. He can't tell the difference between 2.5% and 20%.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Eshel

Ummm... so you see $.15 increase per hour, or $6/week... Math is an amazing thing.... let's explore...

Tax RATES went down by a little over 10% for upper middle income families, and for the middle class family they went from 15% to 12%, that is a 20% reduction. For high income families the % was smaller.

So taking your $6 decrease in taxes means $6 = 20% of your tax bill, and since $6 is 20% of $30, your weakly tax bill was $30. Follow? If I lose you let me know...

For someone in the 15% tax bracket, that means you make about $200 of taxable income a week, or $5/hour.

Alternatively, the math problem is more complicated and you are jumping to conclusions.

I make more than most households in the U.S. do, but my wages actually went down a bit - health insurance increased approximately $30 a month, which was more than taxes decreased for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

That's... not how tax brackets work. There are some edge cases that exist, but tax brackets only apply to the income earned from the minimum to the maximum within the bracket; not above, nor below.
edit on 19Mon, 19 Feb 2018 19:20:59 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Teikiatsu

well Trickle up economics have never worked anywhere on this planet. It certainly didn't in Venezuela.

Which is why it is stupid to credit / discredit a president for market performance.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join