It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

This is the Mud Pit.

Don't wallow in this forum if it's not your cup of tea. There are other forums on ATS with different rules.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This is the Mud Pit.

Don't wallow in this forum if it's not your cup of tea. There are other forums on ATS with different rules.

This is the place to come while I'm drunk?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
a reply to: Numbers123

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

Why don't you go ""self-procreate"!

I'm a working democrat. The only thing I see from this "break" so far is my paycheck is literally $6.00 more. Wow, that sure helps.

Getting real tired of over generalization. (so much more I want to say but T&C)

Yea I'm not seeing a DIME from this so called break. I work for a small insurance company. They haven't raised our wages or done squat. Not a thing but they are buying up more agencies! So it seems to me the only people benefiting from this in my line of work are the people who ALREADY make all the money.

I laugh at those who think this is huge and putting money in people's pocket. A few bucks here and there or a $1000 bonus isn't going to do squat for the working poor, which I am. I live off of $13 an hour with one income. I have no debt and drive a 20 year old car. It sucks but I make it. It would be nice to make more an hour but I don't see that happening or here's an idea make the cost of living actually affordable!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This is the Mud Pit.

This is the place to come while I'm drunk?

Sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This isn't trickle down, though it is good to see.

Trickle down will be when people start spending and/or saving their larger paychecks which will spark manufacturing and services to ramp up and create more jobs which will create more wealth in the economy into a positive feedback loop.

I'm figuring by summer we'll see the start.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The Feds have already raised it 3 times when Trump won and one time during Obama's entire term. The lower the rates the better for the Real Estate Market. Obama got helped.
edit on 1-2-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

well Trickle up economics have never worked anywhere on this planet. It certainly didn't in Venezuela.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We're getting crumbs while the rich get ten times more and you're happy?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Numbers123
a reply to: seasonal

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that. What about Microsoft, Google, Net Flix, Caterpillar, and all the other companies?

Word out is Q1 is on track to see a 5.6% GDP growth, the ninny left said that could NEVER happen.

Just like when Reagan took over, we had been told for a decade slow growth was the "new normal", now we are seeing Reagan's policies brought back, and we are getting Reagan era results.

I am seeing hundreds of our business clients budgeting for, and starting, capital projects that have been on hold for years.

I personally and starting construction on two commercial buildings, one is a boat storage and one is a machine shop. Also investing in a new house on the 30 acres I just purchased.

Biggest problem is finding contractors.

Its a DAMN good time to be an AMERICAN!

38 billion is 20% of 1.5 trillion?

that's republican math

and their mathematics also tells us that inflation is flat....

We all know that the "customer" pays these taxes that are levied against these corps, so any day now prices will drop.

SO

Soon, very soon brothers and sisters we will see a steep discount in prices at Lowe's and Home Depot.

So we can look forward to HUGE DISCOUNTS just like the corporate owned media told us!!!!

RIGHT????

edit on 1-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

pple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that.

Check your math it is completely fooked.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

pple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that.

Check your math it is completely fooked.

Using this thread as a gauge it's far more than just the math.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We all know that the "customer" pays these taxes that are levied against these corps, so any day now prices will drop. SO Soon, very soon brothers and sisters we will see a steep discount in prices at Lowe's and Home Depot. So we can look forward to HUGE DISCOUNTS just like the corporate owned media told us!!!! RIGHT????

That's right if you believe in the concept of Trickle down economics. It's never worked in the past, But Trump in his Christ like wisdom is a business man so this time it will work! believe me.

But then....there is an oil and gas glut, with full tankers off shore waiting to unload, Is the price of gas going down? Not where I live.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Prices are not set by adding up all the things that go into manufacturing a product, it is what the market will bear-example is pharma products.

Trickle down will not and does not work. But what the hell, let's try it again.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They didn't even try to fix the problems that caused 08. The trickles downers c an ignore the market forces and sing Trumps praises but there will be a financial day of reckoning sooner than they think.

The bubble is more inclusive than the 08 crash.

I'm out of the market completely. O8 kicked my ass...not again!!! believe me.

Printing money to cover the interest on the debt....good luck with that!!

Mortgage debt was a little over 4 trillion when the bubble popped in '08. Today it's approaching 15 trillion and our total personal debt is just over 18.8 trillion, yet everyone is just a whistling along like nothing's wrong.

Take a look at the debt clock. What's sad is the only numbers I ever see going down are Income Security and Federal Pensions.

The whole thing is going to start tumbling down soon, and when we fall this time it's going to be hard.

I'm just hoping that we at least get some new factories out of the deal before the crap hits the fan. We're gonna need those.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

because i was replying to a poster that said all anti trumpers are anti american. you butted in and had to play the old deflection game. pretty childish.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

They make more they will get more. 2% is nothing if you make nothing but 2% is a lot if you make a billion. U can't blame them when you don't produce anything and not paying any taxes to get anything back.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm not seeing evidence of hundreds or thousands of companies passing on benefits.

I saw a list of maybe a dozen or so mega corporations that have handed out small benefits to employees.

Do the majority of Americans work for mega corporations?

I don't know. I'd like to see some hard facts about exactly how many people have gotten a return on this from their employers before declaring Trump god-like in his wisdom.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The op doesn't even know what trickle down economics means. He just sees that some corporations gave out a raise and assumes that's what it is. Total ignorance.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Since proving you wrong was deemed a "manners violation", let me tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Try that math again using a salary wage instead of just assuming everyone is paid by the hour.

go T&C yourself

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Delusional much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join