It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Trump supporters need to stop thinking that anyone that opposes trump is anti-american. That is a slippery slope you are riding and it will lead you to ultra patriotism and a cult of personality I fear many have already joined. If by trickle down economics you mean the 1% and corporations get filthy rich and the rest of us get peanuts and scraps, NO THANK YOU!!!

You mean like how liberals think that anyone who disagrees with their positions is a racist or sexist?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Its called supply side economics

I have a few questions for you

Why hasnt the Fed raised interest rates?

What's driving the DOW increase?

Also, why is the dollar losing value?

The first one is a guess. But, interest rate increase would really bang up the housing market. This economic movement is barely started. I'm betting they don't want to mess with it.....yet.

Those guys are smart. They see a potential increase in profit....confidence.

The dollar is being kept low to promote keep exports going... again the turnaround is barely started.

Just speculation on my part, though.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Trump supporters need to stop thinking that anyone that opposes trump is anti-american. That is a slippery slope you are riding and it will lead you to ultra patriotism and a cult of personality I fear many have already joined. If by trickle down economics you mean the 1% and corporations get filthy rich and the rest of us get peanuts and scraps, NO THANK YOU!!!

You mean like how liberals think that anyone who disagrees with their positions is a racist or sexist?

I would expect this mentality on a playground full of children, but on a message board full of adults?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Its called supply side economics

I have a few questions for you

Why hasnt the Fed raised interest rates?

What's driving the DOW increase?

Also, why is the dollar losing value?

QE is the answer to all three.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Let this sink in, the Democrats oppose the President of the US putting America first. Think about that, let it really sink in. So who are the Democrats putting first? It sure ain't America! Democrats are so math challenged they do not know lower tax rates mean tax breaks.

And Every Muslim is a terrorist.

If I said that, and I may have in the past, I would be ripped to shreds, I think I was.... But you can make these blanket statements about a whole group of people and get cheered on by your republican brothers.

If the republicans are so concerned about raising wages of American working people why are they so anti-union? Statistics prove union workers make more than non-union workers in any given field.

And you know they want to come for social security to pay for this....

Oh yeah, all muslims are terrorist

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And you also need to stop deflecting and turning everything back to liberals.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

I would expect this mentality on a playground full of children, but on a message board full of adults?

Do I really need to start pulling up videos and statements from the left claiming anyone who disagrees with their policy positions is a racist?

Didn't Nancy Pelosi get on TV and say Trump was trying to make America white again?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The economy is like a big washing machine. President Trump added a new kind of soap that works better.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You could but should you? Should you stoop to childish levels to prove a point that it is ok to be wrong because the other side does it as well? It doesn't get us anywhere but further down the mud pit.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Do I really need to start pulling up videos and statements from the left claiming anyone who disagrees with their policy positions is a racist?

Didn't Nancy Pelosi get on TV and say Trump was trying to make America white again?

I'm not disputing the fact that there are idiots everywhere.

I'm pointing out that it's been established that two wrongs do not make a right.

This type of thinking leads to recursive reasoning by both sides and nothing gets accomplished.

There are idiots that do and say stupid things on the left.

There are idiots that do and say stupid things on the right.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'm pointing out that it's been established that two wrongs do not make a right.

It's also been established that double standards are wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This type of thinking leads to recursive reasoning by both sides and nothing gets accomplished.

Two wrongs don't make it right, but it damn sure makes it even...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No the double standard would be if I were for trickle down economics if another president were in office but not while trump is in office. The poster replied to my comment by retorting something about liberals crying racism sexism at every corner. What the double standard I was espousing was lost on me.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What the double standard I was espousing was lost on me.

I wasn't referring to you with my comment.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

No the double standard would be if I were for trickle down economics if another president were in office but not while trump is in office. The poster replied to my comment by retorting something about liberals crying racism sexism at every corner. What the double standard I was espousing was lost on me.

You stated:

Your first two sentences is what triggered my response. Just like it is a slippery slope for Trump supporters to assume anyone who opposes him is anti-American, I just pointed out that the same slippery slope exists when liberals assume anyone who disagrees with their policy positions is a racist or sexists... or a homophobe.

The left has a history of accusing anyone who disagrees with them as the devil incarnate:

Disagree on immigration, you are a xenophobe or racist.

Disagree on healthcare, you want granny to die

The left can't simply accept that some people disagree with their policies based on sound reasoning and facts, not that there is some latent racism or other ism.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yup. But I don't really see the point of this unless someone's already pulled out the jump to conclusions mat.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

How's that really been working out for the American people?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yup. But I don't really see the point of this unless someone's already pulled out the jump to conclusions mat.

You chastised Edumakated for generalizing in response to someone else generalizing. Then you proceeded to say that "two wrongs don't make a right."

I was pointing out that your double standards are wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

How's that really been working out for the American people?

In terms of the U.S. justice system...it has to be equal, regardless of *right* or wrong.* We can't have justice applied arbitrarily. Either apply it equally, or not at all.

Props to the Fourteenth Amendment.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You chastised Edumakated for generalizing in response to someone else generalizing. Then you proceeded to say that "two wrongs don't make a right."

I was pointing out that your double standards are wrong.

Double standards where?

I don't recall posting anything to the original generalization that would take a position - would it had made you feel better if I quoted them both?

The poster that I quoted had the opportunity to be the better man and dispel whatever myth that leads to that particular generalization but did not.

Wait, what kind of message board is this?

I left reddit to escape childish bickering; did I land into the freezer?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join