It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well if I were a major shareholder in any of these companies I would be onto the board with teeth bared and fangs out. How do they have the effrontery to give my company dividends to the workers. Take them back immediately. It's mine and I want it.
Keep the workers poor, it makes the mean, lean and hungry. Easier to control.
That Americans is sarcasm. True, but sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Numbers123
a reply to: seasonal

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that. What about Microsoft, Google, Net Flix, Caterpillar, and all the other companies?

Word out is Q1 is on track to see a 5.6% GDP growth, the ninny left said that could NEVER happen.

Just like when Reagan took over, we had been told for a decade slow growth was the "new normal", now we are seeing Reagan's policies brought back, and we are getting Reagan era results.

I am seeing hundreds of our business clients budgeting for, and starting, capital projects that have been on hold for years.

I personally and starting construction on two commercial buildings, one is a boat storage and one is a machine shop. Also investing in a new house on the 30 acres I just purchased.

Biggest problem is finding contractors.

Its a DAMN good time to be an AMERICAN!

38 billion is 20% of 1.5 trillion?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Well if I were a major shareholder in any of these companies I would be onto the board with teeth bared and fangs out. How do they have the effrontery to give my company dividends to the workers. Take them back immediately. It's mine and I want it.
Keep the workers poor, it makes the mean, lean and hungry. Easier to control.
That Americans is sarcasm. True, but sarcasm.

Yes we were told this is to make US corps competitive, now they are giving $$$ to workers who are doing just fine.

Giving this $$$ away to the workers is making US corps less competitive.

(post by Eshel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Eshel
a reply to: Numbers123

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

Why don't you go ""self-procreate"!

I'm a working democrat. The only thing I see from this "break" so far is my paycheck is literally $6.00 more. Wow, that sure helps.

Getting real tired of over generalization. (so much more I want to say but T&C)

Well, according to you, you can always "opt out" of paying federal income taxes. Just write 'exempt' on your W-4 and voila!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

No worries. I myself like using people's own words against them.

However, the flaw is, I don't mind paying taxes. Therefore, I have no reason to opt out.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: trb71

I am not concerned. From 1/12000 until 12/31/2016 the average appreciation of the DOW was less than 3%. We are just seeing the economic spring, which the liberals kept in a straight jacket, start to show signs of hope.

I am seeing reports of projected GDP growth of 5.6% for Q1, that is AMAZING, more than TWICE the average of the last 10 years. The markets have not even fully priced that in yet.

We are reliving the early 1980's, and in that, there is hope.

and it's all on the nation's credit card, the wealthy will leave on their jets, once the "past due" notice comes in.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

But, just to be clear...you know you can't opt out though?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that. What about Microsoft, Google, Net Flix, Caterpillar, and all the other companies?

Word out is Q1 is on track to see a 5.6% GDP growth, the ninny left said that could NEVER happen.

Just like when Reagan took over, we had been told for a decade slow growth was the "new normal", now we are seeing Reagan's policies brought back, and we are getting Reagan era results.

I am seeing hundreds of our business clients budgeting for, and starting, capital projects that have been on hold for years.

I personally and starting construction on two commercial buildings, one is a boat storage and one is a machine shop. Also investing in a new house on the 30 acres I just purchased.

that's republican math

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You can. You will no longer be entitled to any benefits that taxes pay for. (medicare, social security etc). But I promise you, you can. Hell, i've known two people who have done it.

So, here we are.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Democrats are so math challenged they do not know lower tax rates mean tax breaks.

Tax breaks are for the RICH! That is why the liberals only see TAX CREDITS...you know get something for nothing...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You can. You will no longer be entitled to any benefits that taxes pay for. (medicare, social security etc). But I promise you, you can. Hell, i've known two people who have done it.

So, here we are.

No, writing 'Exempt' on your W-4 means that no income taxes will be withheld from your paycheck because you per-qualified as demonstrating you aren't expected to owe any.

However, if you do owe, at the end of the year, you still have to pay your taxes.

ETA: Unless you have some source for your claims...

If people could opt out of paying federal income tax...we would have no federal government.
edit on 2/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ScepticScot

that's republican math

and their mathematics also tells us that inflation is flat....

edit on 1-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's working....

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

means that no income taxes will be withheld from your paycheck

I'm not real bright. What does that mean?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok, here is the problem, it is only half of the story and part of the picture.

One of the questions that I have, is how many of those gains, were from union jobs, where it was in the contracts already? And while it appears to be good gains, how many jobs are being lost?

Carrier made deals got contracts out of the new President, but still shipped jobs out of the country.

Apple is a good example of this where the picture was not clear. Yes they are giving employees a bonus and raising salaries. But there were 2 parts of that story that did not get too much of a notice. The first was that those bonuses and pay raises were made during negotiations with the union that works with apple and whose employees are a part of. The other part that is not noticed but soon made headlines was that apple was closing stores and eliminating jobs, that those employees were not going to get anything of benefit from this deal. That paints a different picture.

Another was where the CEO admitted that they would not be sharing any benefit from this tax break, and there are probably more CEO's that are also not doing this. GE is not making more jobs in the country and is still shipping jobs to other countries, yet they are managing to get the same tax break as all of those that are keeping jobs in the USA.

So once again I will say that while on the surface this appears to be working now, however, there is more to this than what we have seen or know about, and sometimes the rest is not as pleasant.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

means that no income taxes will be withheld from your paycheck

I'm not real bright. What does that mean?

It means estimated taxes won't be taken out of each paycheck because it is expected they will all be refunded at the end of the year. And you have to qualify to claim exempt from withholding.

However, if you qualify to be exempt from withholding and it turns out you did make enough to owe taxes...you still have to pay them at the end of the year.

Some people don't owe taxes because, for example, they have too many dependents and make too little to owe them.

But the point is: Everyone has to pay the taxes the owe or go to prison.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that you could opt out and waive your rights to government benefits in doing so. That's not true. But if you have a link you want to share, I'll look at it.

edit on 2/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Trump supporters need to stop thinking that anyone that opposes trump is anti-american. That is a slippery slope you are riding and it will lead you to ultra patriotism and a cult of personality I fear many have already joined. If by trickle down economics you mean the 1% and corporations get filthy rich and the rest of us get peanuts and scraps, NO THANK YOU!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ok, I'm just going to say you're right so this thread gets back on topic. Perhaps my father was a liar or cheat. Doesn't matter.

Tip of the hat to you and have a good day.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Ok, I'm just going to say you're right so this thread gets back on topic. Perhaps my father was a liar or cheat. Doesn't matter.

Tip of the hat to you and have a good day.

Whatever your motivation for saying I am right...it doesn't change the fact that I am actually right.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join