It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are witnessing Trickle Down Economics WORKING!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, we see HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of companies increasing wages, giving bonuses, and increasing benefits, as a DIRECT result of the Trump Tax Plan.

From this point forward, the generation of liberals who have been brain washed to think trickle down economics does not work are having yet another portion of their snowflake world view mangled and destroyed.

Trump has now exposed the Democrats as not being anti-Trump, but being anti-America! They would not clap for low black unemployment, low Hispanic unemployment, increasing wages, decreased taxes, a booming economy, and all of the other positives that Trump can and should claim credit for.

The tax cuts will result in an average of about $4000 in more SPENDABLE CASH for the average family. His presidency and economic policies will result in millions who could not retire, being able to retire with dignity.

Let this sink in, the Democrats oppose the President of the US putting America first. Think about that, let it really sink in. So who are the Democrats putting first? It sure ain't America!

Democrats are so math challenged they do not know lower tax rates mean tax breaks.

They are so math challenged they can not even begin to acknowledge "tax breaks for business means more money for workers".

Forget the tax cut each individual family gets, look at retirement accounts, how much benefit is there? How much will increased pay rates put in families budgets? How much will a surging economy help WORKING families.

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

Lower rates, bigger deductions, all great stuff!

Let's ALL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Numbers123

I have heard $1000 bonuses and a few better benefits packages.

We shall have to wait to see if the corporate tax cut is a one hit wonder for employees or if it is a new age where corporations share the gains in profitability with the blue collars.

Given that productivity gains have not been shared with the employees since the mid-lat 1970's I wait to see if the median income climbs and productivity is shared. And if $1000 bonuses are handed out next years as well.

edit on 1-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Its called supply side economics

I have a few questions for you

Why hasnt the Fed raised interest rates?

What's driving the DOW increase?

Also, why is the dollar losing value?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Except that benefits from direct tax cuts is not trickle down economics. Also most announcements about bonuses and raises also came with the news that 1000's of jobs are being cut.
The big problem with the tax cuts is that they will cause a crisis in the dollar and all these "gains" will soon become real losses as inflation gets out of control and despite higher nominal earnings in real terms purchasing power will decrease.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

The Fed has to stop its easy money policy but can't

Housing and student loan bubbles getting ready to burst

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The corporate tax cut is already having AMAZING effects. Apple is bringing back billions, and paying $38 BILLION in taxes. Think that through, the whiny liberals said the tax cut would cost $1.5 trillion. Well Apple alone just whipped out 20% of that. What about Microsoft, Google, Net Flix, Caterpillar, and all the other companies?

Word out is Q1 is on track to see a 5.6% GDP growth, the ninny left said that could NEVER happen.

Just like when Reagan took over, we had been told for a decade slow growth was the "new normal", now we are seeing Reagan's policies brought back, and we are getting Reagan era results.

I am seeing hundreds of our business clients budgeting for, and starting, capital projects that have been on hold for years.

I personally and starting construction on two commercial buildings, one is a boat storage and one is a machine shop. Also investing in a new house on the 30 acres I just purchased.

Biggest problem is finding contractors.

Its a DAMN good time to be an AMERICAN!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Im getting very concerned about this happening as well. I also dont really understand the gloating of the paraboilic growth of the stock market. I havent done financial investing for long, but I've studied enough charts (both stocks and you especially see this in cryptos) What comes up, must come atleast part of the way down, and usually the bigger the rise the bigger the panic sell and weak hands pulling out. Im very concerned what may happen when any bubbles start bursting.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Interest rates are not rising because inflation is tame. Inflation is tame because of the technology changes are driving down prices. Just as Wal Mart did in the 80's and 90's, Amazon is crushing inflation of prices, and we can shop anywhere we want for the best deal. That kills inflation, which means the feds don't need to raise rates.

The DOW increase is being driven on profit expectations, the same thing it always does. With the tax cut domestic corporations will keep TWENTY PERCENT more of their profits, to reinvest, pay higher wages, or reward share holders. Twenty percent of US corporate taxes is a BIG number.

The dollar is not loosing value. Currency trading is likened to a beauty contest, companies, investors, countries, and the like store wealth in the currency that looks better, or in the past 15 years, the country that looks the LEAST unstable. I call it not a "beauty contest" but a "least ugly" contest. And now, the US is literally leading a WORLD WIDE economic recovery. That means countries that were not as stable, are a little more so, countries that were stable are a little more so. So the "gap" between how stable the US is, compared to other countries, is narrowing. That is an AMAZING positive, its just not good for the strength of the dollar.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

I am not concerned. From 1/12000 until 12/31/2016 the average appreciation of the DOW was less than 3%. We are just seeing the economic spring, which the liberals kept in a straight jacket, start to show signs of hope.

I am seeing reports of projected GDP growth of 5.6% for Q1, that is AMAZING, more than TWICE the average of the last 10 years. The markets have not even fully priced that in yet.

We are reliving the early 1980's, and in that, there is hope.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Consumer debt, when compared to income, is well below average.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They didn't even try to fix the problems that caused 08. The trickles downers c an ignore the market forces and sing Trumps praises but there will be a financial day of reckoning sooner than they think.

The bubble is more inclusive than the 08 crash.

I'm out of the market completely. O8 kicked my ass...not again!!! believe me.

Printing money to cover the interest on the debt....good luck with that!!

www.forbes.com...
edit on 1-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Trump ushered in OPTIMISM. Businesses feel good about the future and the tax cuts most certainly were the icing on the cake. They feel like government is taking the boot off their necks so now they are willing to invest and more importantly, invest in America. Obama and his ilk tend to pile on the regulations, taxes, etc and it creates a lot of uncertainty. Anyone with a modicum of business experiences, knows the one thing markets and businesses hate is uncertainty.

As businesses start hiring more, this will drive up wages and create other incentives like bonuses. They will be competing for workers. They will raise the wages of existing employees because they don't want them to leave for greener pastures as the economy improves.

I don't think things are perfect. The student loan bubble and sub-prime auto loans are a real issue.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The absolute beautiful part here, is every Dem argument (read falsehood) that has worked for the Dems concerning economic policy is about to be so blown out of the water, no one in their right mind will ever listen to them again, no matter how loud they scream racists.

Trump is about to deal a knockout punch that is going to hurt for decades.

Grabs popcorn.

Fred..

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yal, I get it, most democrats will not see the benefits, because WORKING FAMILIES will see the benefits, and we all know, Democrats are not workers. If they claim they are working and not seeing benefits, then they are lying about the working part, because there is no way someone who WORKS for a living will not benefit.

**SNIP**

I'm a working democrat. The only thing I see from this "break" so far is my paycheck is literally $6.00 more. Wow, that sure helps.

Getting real tired of over generalization. (so much more I want to say but T&C)
edit on 2/1/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Removed ill mannered text against the ATS rules of civility.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am glad there are those who sit out the run up in the market, we need some people to be fearful or we get bubbles.

But this is no bubble, by our calculations using the capitalization models and dividend yield to the rate on 10 years treasuries, the market is still well undervalued.

Even accounting for artificially low 10 year interest rates, the markets are still well under fair value.

link   

Inflation is tame what world do you live in?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They didn't even try to fix the problems that caused 08. The trickles downers c an ignore the market forces and sing Trumps praises but there will be a financial day of reckoning sooner than they think.

The bubble is more inclusive than the 08 crash.

I'm out of the market completely. O8 kicked my ass...not again!!! believe me.

Printing money to cover the interest on the debt....good luck with that!!

www.forbes.com...

All I know of what has trickled down is still crumbs.

The world’s richest people have seen their share of the globe’s total wealth increase from 42.5% at the height of the 2008 financial crisis to 50.1% in 2017, or $140tn (£106tn), according to Credit Suisse’s global wealth report published on Tuesday. “The share of the top 1% has been on an upward path ever since [the crisis], passing the 2000 level in 2013 and achieving new peaks every year thereafter,” the annual report said. The bank said “global wealth inequality has certainly been high and rising in the post-crisis period”.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

True,

Cheerleading a Limbaugh-ist mantra is just silly and is a counting your chickens before they hatch scenario.

This really isn't about stupid d's VS stupid r's. Average workers want the same thing-decent compensation, safe communities and access to good affordable social services.

That is literally it.

The problem is that that does cost $$$, and claiming that all is well at this stage is a cheap trick so is turning this into a D VS R. Better said, playing into "their" hands.

edit on 1-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Ummm... so you see $.15 increase per hour, or $6/week... Math is an amazing thing.... let's explore...

Tax RATES went down by a little over 10% for upper middle income families, and for the middle class family they went from 15% to 12%, that is a 20% reduction. For high income families the % was smaller.

So taking your $6 decrease in taxes means $6 = 20% of your tax bill, and since $6 is 20% of $30, your weakly tax bill was $30. Follow? If I lose you let me know...

For someone in the 15% tax bracket, that means you make about $200 of taxable income a week, or $5/hour.

In other words, you ain't doing much work, you ain't working many hours, or you ain't telling the truth....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join