It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In Search of" show coming back. Zachary Quinto to host.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For all of you older ATS members like myself you may remember this show which ran previously in the late '70's to early 80"s and was hosted by Leonard Nimoy. I thought it was pretty good myself.

The History channel has ordered 10 shows and interestingly enough to be hosted by Zachary Quinto who of course also played Leonard Nimoy's Spock in all the Star Trek movies.

The show will discuss ufo's, alien abduction, and the paranormal. I look forward to this.

Source

The Star Trek star will host In Search Of, an unscripted History series inspired by the 1970s franchise hosted by Leonard Nimoy that examined unexplained phenomena all over the world. The cable network has ordered 10 episodes of the show, which Quinto will also executive produce. Each episode will follow Quinto as he investigates a different subject within a dynamic theme — think: alien encounters, mysterious creatures, UFO sightings, time travel and artificial intelligence — and searches for the truth to some of the world’s greatest mysteries. In Search Of will feature interviews with witnesses and scholars with a personal connection to the phenomenon and include immersive demonstrations and experiments. The original series aired from 1977 to 1982 and was hosted by Rod Serling before Nimoy stepped in following Serling’s death. The revival is being produced by Propagate Content, Universal Television Alternative Studio and Before the Door Pictures with FremantleMedia International distributing the series globally. In addition to Quinot, executive producers include Ben Silverman, Howard Owens, Brett-Patrick Jenkins, Eddie Sch

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091
I might have to check it out. I liked the original show, although I don't think I ever watched any of the Rod Serling episodes.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If Quinto is involved, I expect this to be quite good myself. I think very highly of him.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I watched the original in the 70's as a kid. Always thought it was cool because Mr. Spock was narrating it, heh.

Interesting whom they've decided to have host it now.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Forgive the pun, but logical choice. Quinto and Nimoy were quite close while Nimoy was alive.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Doubt they'll be able to capture the creepy magic of the original.

Though History Channel is the logical place to do it. They're probably the best at doing this sort of thing these days.

But, even today, the originals maintain their power.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Great show back in the day....I believe they tapped Quinto because he's the only other person beside Nimoy on the planet that when you think of SPOCK his name comes to mind. Shake the marketing guys hand.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Good news Data and let´s hope the new series is as original and thought provoking as the old one - Leonard really did take the UFO subject seriously and there´s a great episode below involving a very freaky close range encounter in Wisconsin - well worth a watch on a rainy day!

Link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
with Quinto as Executive Producer of the show, I expect a top notch program.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I remember a Bigfoot episode they did on the original that scared the # out of me as a kid.
I hope this new series can capture some of the atmosphere of the original.
This is great news!!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit I remember that Bigfoot episode too. Very scary especially when there had been sightings not very far from my area. The show ran when I was in grade school and my parents always tuned it in and we watched most of the episodes. It was really well made in the sense I still remember many episodes close to 40 years later. The show was revived in 2002 with Mitch Pileggi from the Xfiles hosting but it seemed like garbage by comparison. I hope the newest version turns out well.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The music was great that's what made it so creepy.

top topics

join