It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messiah - A Competition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
First of all about me: I am what could be best described as "Catholic Hippy", that means exactly that, religious lessons in school were Bavarian catholicism which is in comparison already quite liberal I think. My family is a bunch of Hippies everybody is equal, god is everywhere and in everything, you have to respect other peoples opinions because it's their path and not mine, never judge just love etc.

So naturally my ideas about religion and the interpretation of the involved lore might be somewhat requiring getting used to for more orthodox traditionalist. But nevertheless I am looking for your input and thoughts in a serious question I keep asking myself about the appearance of the messiah, whatever that means to you, if that is the second coming to Christians, the first to Jews, or wherever you may be coming from.

Jesus called himself repeatedly "Son of Man". He went 40 days into the desert to meditate and fast, he had great issues with the authorities of his time, so much so that he could be considered a rebel, if not revolutionary of his time.
What we expect of him if he comes back is also that he brings us justice, the true messiah would bring peace and justice to jews and all faithful christians alike, right?

What I am wondering is: is it possible he is already among us, entirely oblivious of the role he/she might play in the future of mankind. Struggling to be a good person in a world which mostly benefits the selfish and ruthless? Is it maybe even the case that every son/daughter of man has the potential to become the messiah if they choose the correct path?

Is it maybe a competition of who has the purest heart, the
greatest faith and the most strength to act in praise of god, entirely free from all sins?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
He could not be "among us now", according to the description in Matthew ch24. The advice from Jesus is "Do not believe them!", if anyone says that Christ is in one place or another. If it is possible for someone to go and see him, then he must by definition be one of those who will "lead many astray".
When the Son of man comes, he comes "on the clouds of heaven"- that is, with all the power of God- and "like a flash of lightning"- that is, a sudden arrival, recognised universally and immediately.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Interesting. What if there are higher political forces or military forces preventing him to appear? And other forces protecting his lineage or even him?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That would be the moment of anointment. Ascending and returning with the full force and mission of god. It could still be that god makes his choice when the time is right and one of a number of candidates has proven to be worthy.
Not?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I actually think the opposite is the case and they are actively looking for that person to make sure they are on the right side.
A war against god is one you only can loose.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

But is also the end of the world as we know it. You just need to prevent the events of the bible to delay him.
God can appear whenever He wants to, but He is waiting for certain events to happen before.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He's ascended already. Acts ch1.
"THIS Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go."

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well that leaves a lot open for interpretation too. We saw him go because he died. Which could mean the next messiah will too die before he goes up in heaven and comes crashing down like lightning.

Sorry I am just a diletante and in no way do I claim I am right, just wondering, because no matter what people we're talking about him afterwards Jesus never claimed he was special but "Son of Man" and what made him special is this patient endurance of hardship and suffering.
The fact that bis body was taken out of that cave and that he will return the same way ... one could say it stinks like alien abduction.
Whoever is willing to suffer for our sins and to die for our salvation will get abducted by god/angels and returned as messiah for everyone to see. What was special about Jesus wasn't his physiological heritage but his mind and heart. Maybe at his time god had too more than one horse in the race?

After all we are all his children, not?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Jesus had two lines to offer about the Son of man;
1; The Son of man will come and judge the world.
2; I am the Son of man.
Do you see what happens when we put them together?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yes I see that, the problem where you and I probably never end up on the same page is I believe in reincarnation. As far as I am concerned Jesus soul right now could be a mongolian girl, or anyone of all those 7,5 billion souls wandering earth in a meatbag.
Maybe a 14 year old shy and gay teenager as long as this person has a strong sense of justice, a heart full of compassion for his fellow men and deep love for god and faith in his plans.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Obviously I'm following the Biblical viewpoint.
But then, this is a Biblical concept.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

After all we are all his children, not?

Not. God has His own and Satan has his own. One cannot have two masters.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No you're on the right track Peeple. That one obscure scripture he quoted is debatable if it was even said to begin with. But Jesus is coming the exact same way he came before. There was a sign in that virgin of the child in the womb exactly 42 months, or human gestation period. Then in Rev the child is spirited away. It's not the rapture.. another false prophecy to go along with the one about the temple being built.. but actually happened. Then we see heaven waiting for someone worthy to loose those seals and here comes the lamb who then pops the seals and climbs on the white horse, unleashing the other riders as well. Through the Trib, he is conquering on that horse and when he started he had one crown. When you see him swinging again he comes with many crowns.
Pretty clear narrative actually but that one scripture totally threw them off course.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If Jesus is supposed to appear as he did before, signs of the Bethlehem (or demon, from what Ive heard) star, birthed by virgin, and the culling of children that were birthed around the time of those sign, then it has not happened.

Idk about him saying he is the son of man, and God, where as the Catholic/Christian pov was that Jesus far surpassed any man, an that his fortitude was almost machine like. You could hit him with a sledgehammer and you'd feel sorry for the hammer when it broke of him. He would of got around with all sorts of women sin like Mick Jagger was a..morning 🌟! Haha.

Idk, it is contradictory to say he is a man, when every one says he is a god, or the son of one, even though his mother was said to be human. Demi god one thing, but then even Hercules was still mortal before he ascension.

I'd say, it more like God getting down to earth an dirty, where as the messiah more like a virus or vaccine, where the messaih purpose was well said done before they even walked.

Just my pov.

edit on 12-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I doubt there is hidden Messiah’s living amongst us. I think there is just one that has come and will come again. The question you raise is a valid one because there are supposed to be special people appointed during the Lords day. It’s these people you should be seeking or aspiring to become. The Holy Spirit anointed Jesus after his baptism and these chosen ones have a similar anointing when God believes the time is right for them individually. The scripture that calls me to this reasoning is Joel 2:28-29.

“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.”

This scripture has never been fulfilled on a grand scale by the Christian congregation. Maybe a few Jewish prophets and few Christians fit the bill but it doesn’t completely match what is said at Joel 2:28-29.

There is a time coming when people with a true heart will be drawn out for a special assignment. Write down your special revelations. Make sure your ideas, dreams, visions complement the OT/NT writings otherwise you’re just going in speculation overdrive.

I believe a large group of people around the world are going to acquire specific information that needs to be disclosed before the Messiah returns. The person who prepared the way for Jesus coming was John the Baptist. There will be those that do the same as John did before the second coming. These people won’t be baptizing new converts but they will bring along the pieces of the puzzle that becomes the Lords day.

At some future time these special chosen ones will network their data together and the masses will have access to their findings. Will it be crazy work or will it make sense? Only God knows.

top topics

join