It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it foolish to dismiss religion as just superstition?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I used to think religion was BS. Keep searching for truth you will find it. God is real

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grizzly9
I used to think religion was BS. Keep searching for truth you will find it. God is real

Curious, what "truth" led you to that conclusion?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Yes, so when a story is articulated for thousands of years and transliterated though multiple languages and finally we end up with the four gospels today, so they should not be dismissed under any rational, but why is it wise to believe them word for word as if they are the faithful truth to be ever so sure about? This question really gets underlined and made bold when all four gospels that we have today do not agree with each other in the chain of events?

It really makes me frustrated that a zealous human being would encourage others to believe word for word, something that doesn't even agree with itself in entirety? These people appear brainwashed. They have faith in something that is not agreeing with itself, and when you point out the disagreements they refuse to analyze further, but would rather just reject your conversation because of blind faith.

Now this, the devil sees as an opportunity to use and fool people. If people can just blindly believe in something that they know nothing about from a historical perspective, how easy is it for these people to be manipulated as a whole by powers of this world that do not have their best interest? It really really shows, how blind faith can be placed above education and research for a vast majority of religious people, opening up the possibility and likelihood that these people can be manipulated, or guided to do things that other people want them to do as a result of their own agenda.

I have seen everything that it took to develop religion and to sway the world into believing what was brought into their ideologies. It is just a fact in this world that human beings can be easily fooled. So fast forward to now, and everybody in every aspect of the media from music to television to the bible, everybody is obsessed with telling each other lies in order to manipulate them and sway them into the world of deception that is based off whatever imaginary intention that the deceiver has to the group that is being deceived.

I can start a following, and if organized enough I can form the beginnings of a revolutionary movement of our beloved humanity waking up and realizing the truth. Now if I am the leader of a movement for the Truth and a spokesperson for the Truth exposing all of the worldly powers that have been corrupt and lying to civilization for thousands of years, do you people understand that I would be killed? Just look at what has happened with people trying to expose truth in this world - even people who dared to mention that there is a cabal who keeps away the truth from the world ended up passing away under mysterious circumstances, so much that even unbelievers deep down suspect that outlandish ideas like the illuminati could have a hint of truth to them in this day and age.

In every religion - there are awful lies that are meant to dilute the truth of God, meaning that there are obstacles put into the religion that go against the very true will of God, but they are put in plain sight, suggesting that they attribute to the true will of God, in essence misleading the human being and turning them away from the will of God, all while conveying that they are performing or attributing to the will of God. It is the ultimate hypocrisy and the individuals who put them there are satanists, they are people who choose to prevent other human beings from knowing and doing the will of God. These people are wise and educated enough to understand the will of God, but they in their evil and absurd actions are purposely trying to stop salvation and a person from knowing the Will of God. It really works because they are faithfully telling you who are you, and who God is, and since we are mysterious humans beings and we are discovering who we are - it is hard not to listen to these wrong people whoa re judging us and who are teaching us who they think God is.

So remember this, in this jungle of spirituality.
God is alone the TRUTH. Not one person in this world knows the Truth better than God. Do not let another person hold sway over your Truth with God because if God tells you a Truth that other people do not believe, God alone is the ONE to be trusted.
God loves you. People will think up a million reasons why you should not be loved. And if you are perfect in your actions - people will become jealous and hate you just because they cannot be as good as you. People know that if everybody hates you it hurts and you become isolated in depression and pain and misunderstanding. That is why they do it, they will not admit to the reason that they hate you because they want you down and miserable, and when you are down they will keep kicking you as they want you to remain down so they can feel above you and not so low themselves. These are some of the reasons why this actually happens in the world - and it all is summed up because people have rejected God for too long.
People are liars and hypocrites, none of which God will ever be. People do not admit to how they treat other people. They do not admit that treating people with contempt and hatred will emotionally hurt them. They claim that only a person is responsible for their own feelings, so no matter what I do, I have no effect on the way another person feels. It is the ultimate excuse for them to keep hating society and treating them badly. People refuse to take responsibility that they affect the way other people feel by the way they treat them. An example is in the African American community many of the children do not have their fathers in their life, so the youth is claiming that it causes so much grief that in return they do not place a high value on their life and that is why there is so much gun violence. This is so much a reality people. There is so much Truth lost that needs to be Found in today's world. There are so many forces opposed to our species learning the truth and ultimately accessing salvation. How can a tormented demonic soul want a righteous soul of light to be granted with eternal blessings? Again that is envy which is the root basis. There is so much to learn. But the stubborn people haven't even started at square one and they don't want to even take the first step. But for 5 % of the world to hear the truth is far worth 95 % of the world rejecting it in the process.

Truth & Love

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight
God is alone the TRUTH. Not one person in this world knows the Truth better than God. Do not let another person hold sway over your Truth with God because if God tells you a Truth that other people do not believe, God alone is the ONE to be trusted.

Exactly, so on that note...

How do we go about freeing all those women who killed their kids because god told them to?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Have you done any research on them? Everything I have read tells me that Scientology is a NWO front designed to steer people AWAY from the truth.

Have you read Dianetics, as that is what the post you are replying too is about.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is why I always suggest basing ones beliefs on personal experiences.

You suggest that?

Not sure if you realize but you just explained that is how our beliefs are formed, via personal experiences.

You explained that is how you have concluded that you have the truth, why would you suggest this others?

How else are beliefs formed?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If one ever hopes to find the truth, one MUST learn to think in the OPPOSITE direction of what propaganda is telling you. You are believing EXACTLY what the PTB's mind control (dis)information is telling you to believe...

So TPTB are conspiracy theorists posting on the internet?

Its only conspiracy theorists hiding behind computer screens that say the Illuminati are evil and rule the world

History shows a different story about the Illuminati than what conspiracy theorists and Hollywood paints them as

Shouldn't one learn how recognize propaganda first before they can go against it?

"Science" just like all other religions, is about keeping the truth hidden...

Wow, its good to know that.

Sounds like something L. Ron Hubbard would say. I think you may have had just a little too much of that Scientology Koolaid...

You seem obsessed with Scientology.

A book was mentioned, get over it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Hi, when a human being has lost their mind, these people used to be called "disturbed" by society. That was a good term because it appears that the more people choose to reject the Way of God the more they invoke demons into their way of thought and way of lifestyle, psychologically, emotionally and physically.

When you have a human being who has been residing in their ego for the time of their life, and they have not opened themselves up to a "freeing" of the mind by allowing their subconscious to speak, to them or through them, and release them from the pressure of their ego. The pressure keeps building up and it is allowed no where to go, so eventually it will combust, because emotions and bad thoughts keep being piled up inside of the human body and there needs to be a natural release of this psychological and physical activity.

To me as a musician this psychology is a vivid reality. From an early time I became familiar with our subconscious, and I saw through music that somehow our consciousness amazingly starts to open up when we remove and put down the walls of our ego. I saw that there is a whole other world underneath our direct consciousness, and I couldn't explain how this world of subconscious could be more accurate and more mathematical and more "wise" then our conscious, but I was experiencing firsthand so I urged myself to learn who "I really am."

It added onto the other beliefs I had about our mind, and it really made truthful my opinions of how, when we think of things with our ego - we are almost always 100% wrong. Have you seen how when we think up something and assume how things are going to be in a given situation that we have not yet confronted, have you realized how it is almost always so different than we imagined it as? It really made me have an idea that our ego is incredibly insufficient, as if our ego has almost nothing to bring to the table, even now I don't know what good my ego has to offer in the world besides hunting and gathering. I have learned that everything from my ego is wrong, so my way of life psychologically has been to change my mind and be open to all things without assuming things or thinking that I am right. Somehow I believe God is against our ego and we will need to break down the walls of our thought processes and our conscious that we have identified with in order to advance our consciousness to see Truth and how things really are in life. But I believe this is what really makes God hidden and allows our reality to exist at the same time as the other reality on "the other side." It is this interaction between letting down our ego and allowing God to manifest and speak to us (In God's Own Way) that is the science and miracle between getting to know the reality of God. So people who remain in their ego and see life just for what our direct conscious sees and nothing outside of that - it is a like a construction that God made which will ensure God will remain hidden in the human being.

So when a person has associated God with their ego, and have associated all truth with their tiny little ego, I believe that is a route of all evil and the beginning of demonic possession. It is during this time that I believe allow the first initial stages of allowing the demons to take over. So when a person is mentally possessed by demons, that is when they begin speaking blasphemy. The devil is speaking through them and at that point they start bringing up God and saying pretty much everything that is false in the name of God. Just like if somebody took a well known drug that makes people jump from buildings and not feel pain - they will say incredible blasphemies in the name of God while sinning greatly - it just so happens that the same drug which makes one perceive everything in a false state is also the same drug that brings out this apparent demonic activity.

So this person is saying that God is urging them to sin or cause violence - but it is the dissociative act of blasphemy caused by the ego and mental illness perhaps by the influence of evil, that causes this.

So I am not sure if you were sarcastic or if you believe they should be freed, but if a mother kills anyone as says God told them to, or if any human being kills anyone and says that, they should not be freed, just the same as if they killed and did not speak blasphemy.

PS, I am verifying that dissociative and combust are the correct spelling of those words but this site is still underlining them and saying that they are spelled incorrectly.
And by they way - that reminds me - one nasty act that evil people do is accuse you of being dishonest when you are telling the truth. That is highly manipulative to the human spirit and evil lawless people acknowledge this when they act it. They know that it is a natural human response to feel negative when you are conveying the truth and your truth is being labeled as what is false and a willing act of dishonesty. It is called manipulating the emotions of another person. then the evil person brings it farther - and if you tell them that your feelings are hurt because you were being truthful and they accused you of being dishonest - they then tell you that they have no control over your emotions and that they are innocent and have done nothing wrong by not believing in you. The fact is that belief, and judging somebody as being dishonest, is directly toying with the spirit when doing those type of things on purpose. People are jealous of righteous people are stand for the truth - because they know in their subconscious that truth is the way of heaven, and that their dishonest falsehood they act by every day is the way of hell. But these secrets are locked away from their mind as they have not gained enough trust from God to be revealed the truth to - so they just know it on a subconscious emotional level and that is what brings out the jealousy - which they feel and have absolutely no idea why they feel it. The point is that there are many ways to manipulate a good honest person and it happens often in this world. But I am conveying the every reasons why the truthful good person is winning while the bad negative person is doing everything that can to bring them down to where the negative person is (spiritually). hat is why they aren't necessarily happy even if they are rich. Truth is the most important. Love is next important. The two things that Christ said that leads to human salvation have been taken out of the Christian doctrine: they were that 1, a man or woman must not sleep around and must find one man and one woman to spend their life with, and 2, a man or woman must not eat meat as refers to the law of love and the act of righteousness in planet as not to cause harm to any living thing. This world has been tightly controlled by satanists since before the time of Christ and the majority of things Christ spoke were taken out of the religion. SO I understand why are more lost on this large scale, but remember what I said was most important - TRUTH - so step one is to be more passionate about finding the real truth because the satanists have been hiding it for a reason - for the awful reason of hiding God from the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

Good post overall, but you are wrong about eating meat. Eating meat is not only correct, but Christ advocated it and ate meat too.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
IMO, that religion answers the questions concerning why am I here?, what is my purpose?, what is my destiny after this life? Its explanations are abstract so that it will apply to most anything. By organizing religion, people can be controlled through beliefs systems that rely on blind faith.

My personal beliefs are more spiritual than religious. A spiritualist believes in attaining a higher self and that there is more to the world than what is physical. Religion uses symbolism people can use to relate to spiritualism and moral values.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

Good post overall, but you are wrong about eating meat. Eating meat is not only correct, but Christ advocated it and ate meat too.

The word 'meat' in the bible denotes 'food'.

King James Bible
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Genesis 1:29

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Religion had a solid foundation which has since been chiseled away and replaced with rolled up scrolls detailing the rules of father's household and personal cultural guidelines of power tripping adult child loonattics.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The word 'meat' in the bible denotes 'food'.

King James Bible
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Genesis 1:29

Nope. Meat and fish are distinguished separately in the new testament, hence the no meat on Fridays thing to encourage eating fish. If Meat meant food, and they said no eating meat on Friday, people would have to fast and wouldn't be allowed to eat fish.
edit on 6 7 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I've been diving pretty deep into Jordan Peterson's views on religion lately.

What he's saying is...(I could be totally misguided here, "what I took from it" may be better phrasing)
Religion is basically a collection of stories that hold complicated abstract ideas that took thousands of years to articulate and we dismiss them at our own peril. There's a vast amount of quite heavy philosophical topics covered and portrayed very succinctly. Even the ideas of heaven and hell if we consider them as states of mind are realities. But moving on, regardless of how much I've butchered his ideas...

Whether god is manmade, or whether man is godmade isn't a trivial question.
But is it possible to accept the wisdom of religion whilst dismissing it's metaphysics.

Are atheists getting too caught up with the truth of religion and missing the value?

I understand throwing away a maths textbook if it claims 2+2=3, but should Aesop's fables be rejected also because a tortoise never raced a hare?

Perhaps since very few people will (or can) read the many philosophy and psychology angles regarding how poisonous jealousy can be, the better option may just be to "read as a child" and blindly follow suggestions such as "Don't covet your neighbours ass".

I'm not out to change minds here and I have no interest in word games or a victory. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on this as I find myself leaning towards the paradoxical idea that god isn't real but the bible is.

1. Religion is collection of stories that need to be verified and tested through historical and archeological evidences and critical text studies. Stories passed down throughout generations verbally are notoriously unreliable. People tend to evolve stories to make them more interesting and this is something we need to watch out.

2. Atheist rely on materialistic observations but most religions are about spiritual growth. It's pointless to describe this context in term of materialism. If their faith is in non afterlife existences, then so be it. At least, their souls could be recycled or repurposed for other things. Plants, animals and many other life form need soul to become living things, otherwise they are as good as dead biochemical matters without growth, aging and reproduction system.
edit on 7-6-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well, the problem with truth is that if you are a person who does not do the will of God, you will become blind in the essence that truth will not be revealed to your ego no matter how much you search for it, in time, it may come, but until now your thoughts and actions have prevented it to be shown to you. There is nothing I can say or show you to convince you, that is why my Lord Peter said that it is more meaningful and respectful to be silent when it comes to truth rather than to exclaim it to unbelievers.

But, I will still show three different sources in agreement with me. They originate and appear as a result of those Apostles and individuals who tried to give us access to the truth, and very little of what they said and wrote has remained until this day, because most of what has remained was controlled by the early Romans and they did a great job in converting the truth into lies and promoting those lies to the world as if they were the truth. Now today, you have 1,000s of so called truth seekers who believe in the opposite of the truth, not because of the lacking of their research, but because their thoughts and actions first have to respect the Will of God before any truth is revealed to them by God.

First, we have to look at reality for what it is. I wish to my soul that we did not have this Elect who chose to be satanic and lie to the whole world. In order to understand the Truth - you and I HAVE to BELIEVE in what the righteous people told us. And it is the truth, that you have a large group of researchers and truth seekers who do have a version of events that are contrary to all the lies. It is reality that there are just as many plants for the Elect who are telling lies that are different than the lies told by the Elect, but they are disinformation specialists who just tell more lies to make the truth from other researchers less clear. If you respect a person or being, you call them by their correct name. It is a debated fact that the Elect lied to us about the name of Jesus, God, and James. So first one must believe the people telling us the truth, for example that James is really named Jacob, and if you have historians telling us that, and you have the Elect telling us a multitude of other lies, why would one believe the Elect over the historian? There are 1,000s of cases just like that which you and I need to analyze to investigate and choose sides over what is the truth and what is not. But if the truth is that his name is Jacob and not James, when we pray to him and call him James, do you think he is going to answer our prayers and call us his friends? No, because we cannot even believe such a simple aspect of respect to Him that they lied about his name. How are we going to follow Christ when we do not even believe what he said? And even further how can we follow Christ when they omitted what he said because they didn't want to follow it themselves? These things are all things that prevent people from learning the truth and advancing in their relationship with God.

Paul teaches three times that there is nothing wrong in itself eating meat sacrificed to idols. (Romans 14:21;1 Corinthians 8:4-13, and 1 Corinthians 10:19-29.

In Acts 15:20. James said "we write unto them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols...." Second, Luke then quotes James' letter to the Gentiles as saying one of the "necessary things" is "you abstain from things sacrificed to idols." Acts 15:29. James reiterates this for a third and final time in Acts chapter 21. James is reminding Paul what the ruling was at the Jerusalem Council. He tells Paul that previously "we wrote giving judgment that they [i.e., the Gentiles] should keep themselves from things sacrificed to idols...." Acts 21:25.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from Christ, I can no longer argue with the absolute Ignorance of this world - these bad bad people believe that God chose to make Christ suffer and shed His blood - so that you and I can go around sinning. It is so preposterous to think that you and I are allowed to sin, because the blood of Christ was shed. If there is any manipulated and converted blasphemy that the Elect inserted into religion is it this notion.

-"No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation. - The Eternal Christ of Earth"

That means that even Him - if man sheds his blood - in no way can that be a purge for sin - from anyone. But again, time after time, the ignorant masses of the planet choose to believe in WHATEVER the Elect tells them. They could tell them to go around killing people, and the Ignorant masses will do it and believe that Christ told them to - just because the Roman Vatican and the powers of the world said it? Why do people believe in the Roman world powers over everyone and everything? The very reason why God gave me truth to understand is because I do not believe them but make a conscious effort to stand up for the truth. How would you feel if they all lied about your earthly legacy and wouldn't you be encouraged to see one person faithfully stick up for you? It is because I choose to investigate to find the real name of God and Christ and when I am praying I call them respectfully instead of what the Elect told me to call them. God sees these choices and also sees how other people go ahead and believe every little thing they are told - and God Knows the Truth, much more than you or I or anyone in the world, and unbelievers do not see the importance of us choosing the truth over what is false, but it is very important.

Now here are some words from Christ the Savior of mankind that are translated from an Aramaic source. This source was not the original doctrine because we do not have any of the originals today, but this document was corrupted less than our gospels given down to us in Greek. Christ is not please with the people who believe he walked on water or was born miraculously from a virgin - for Him to save all those who believe in Him means that you must believe in what he said. In this case, you either do not believe my source and think that he did not say this, or maybe you just do not believe Him, but when you really go back to understand what was said in this doctrine, it is about believing in what He said and if you do believe in that, you will act by it which is doing the Will of God. That is the essence of being saved - not just believing that a miracle worker existed in the distant past, because if you go back - the Hebrew Christians did not ever preach nor write down a virgin birth - that is a Roman doctrine and none of you care which is really depressing.

The robber who breaketh into the house made by man is guilty, but they who break into the house made by God, even of the least of these are the greater sinners. Wherefore I say unto all who desire to be my disciples, keep your hands from bloodshed and let no flesh meat enter your mouths, for God is just and bountiful, who ordaineth that man shall live by the fruits and seeds of the earth alone. - The Christ.

edit on 9-6-2018 by MatterIsLight because: grammar edit

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Jesus did walk on water.
Jesus was born of a virgin mother.
Belief in Jesus being the Son of God and confessing of sins is essential pre requisites to becoming Saved
The essence of being Saved is to be cleansed by his shed blood and the filling with the Holy spirit after cleansing.
The works and doing the will of The Father comes after being Saved, in that order

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
wrong topic.
edit on 6 11 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Jesus did walk on water.
Jesus was born of a virgin mother.
Belief in Jesus being the Son of God and confessing of sins is essential pre requisites to becoming Saved
The essence of being Saved is to be cleansed by his shed blood and the filling with the Holy spirit after cleansing.
The works and doing the will of The Father comes after being Saved, in that order

Bollocks. Everything is a lie you further promote.
-- Jesus didn't walk on water, he made boat.
-- Jesus wasnot the son of a virgin, but as Isaiah says,
his own son was conceived in Virgo and born after Gemini
-- Jesus didn't die on the cross, he survived,
thanks to to the heroes at Golgotha
-- Christians are frauds and continuing their multi billion
industry is their main objective, NOT your salvation
-- Jesus was Julius Caesars grandson
edit on 12-6-2018 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Jesus was basically the David Copperfield of his time.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This was after the world's first "Lee Harvey" ratted out Jesus. Little known fact, Jesus was also in trouble in B'Hem for 'underbidding' on some deck and fence jobs...

ALL the religions™ are 'different' this makes them the 'same' remove what is the 'same' in ALL of them and the TRUTH will be revealed...

Copied from ATS™ years ago so if You know who typed it let Me know.

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join