It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama to frightened Americans: 'All we have is hope'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
disclaimer-I don't agree with Michelle Obama, and yes I don't see her making statements as adding value

All we have is hope. If I remember correctly we hoped for a better medical system-and better racial relations while her and Pres O had a whack at the big time. All we got were lies and divisiveness and a piss poor lunch system that wasted millions of dollars and was changed as soon as the Obamas left the Whitehouse.

Michelle Obama has a message for Americans who are frightened by the current political climate: remain hopeful.

"All we have is hope," the former first lady says in a preview clip from Thursday's "Ellen" show. Obama's sit-down with host Ellen DeGeneres marks her first TV interview since leaving the White House last year.
thehill.com...

Fear and scary places. Sounds like a scooby doo mystery. Seems to me that the Obama's turn at bat did little to improve things, especially the legacy issues that presidents hang their hats on.

"People are afraid, but then there are people who feel good about the direction of the country, so I mean, that’s what makes this country complicated because it’s made up of so many different people from different backgrounds," Obama tells DeGeneres, when asked what advice she'd give people who find the world to be a "scary place right now."

And finally we need to do "good things". Show empathy that's what what it means to lead people with hope and not fear. Guess she hasn't checked the employment numbers, or bonuses and pay raises. She didn't mention the goat screw ACA and how is bankrupting people and forcing people to use the E-room for a Dr.. The ACA and the Obama admin made health care much worse by rolling over and letting the medical monopoly lobby write the bill.

"The thing I learned in the eight years that I was in the White House is that what we do every day in our lives, the good things that we do every day — and we know we do it: we show empathy, we care for each other, you know, we do have a lot in common," says Obama. "That’s what it means to lead with hope and not fear."

Oh course this was all done on Ellen's show so there were no hard questions, only love and hope. Does that Hope and change crap still work on the Obama supporters?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hey Michelle: sh*t in one hand, and hope in the other. Tell me which one fills up first. HA! Cry me a river.

I very stupidly voted for Obama in his first term because I didn't want another neocon (McCain), & for some reason thought it would be different - boy what a regrettable decision that was.

I "hoped" Obama would try to actually try to make positive Change... but instead he took his position of power and used it to divide the country, exploit his position and encourage the environment of corruption

Obama had how many ex-Monsanto goons working for him? Even the head of the FDA was ex-Monsanto. Monsanto Protection Act, another one. Expansion of the police state.

Meanwhile Obama's wife Michelle had her failed "school lunch program", probably involving crappy GMO foods, and yet Michelle and her family "only eat organic".. hypocritical, corporate sellouts who were happy to watch, and help America become weaker and less independent.

edit on 1-2-2018 by FamCore because: Judge Judy's verdict

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Probably the least controversial thing I've seen her say. If you assess her statements in the absence of anything she's said in the past, I can agree with the sentiment.

Most of the country *is* focused on hope in these crazy times.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Gotta have hope her husband took our change

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don’t really listen to Michael much.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If Americans are frightened at the current political climate she has no one to blame but her own party.

The Obama legacy.

THEY OWN IT.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Hope and dreams. As intangible as Fiat currency, debt and memory Banks.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mike is in a dream world.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Obama took his "Hope and Change" theme and turned it into "Hope & Chains".

🎱 Exposed 😆

edit on Feb-01-2018 by xuenchen because: 👁

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Michael better hope "her" husband doesn't end up in jail.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Are spouses allowed to visit GITMO? Just asking for a friend.
It's kinda sad that people still think that Trump is the big bad wolf meanwhile we have this pos fearmongering like crazy. Sit down Michelle and
Trump always called for unity on the contrary to Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NOprah

I don't like the woman or his husband.....but in the past history or recent history....name one ex POTUS that has went to jail for anything they ever did ever while they were in office. I can't think of one in modern times. Will Obama ever go to jail for anything....No. Will Clinton ever go to jail. No. Just don't happen.
edit on 1-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

I don't like the woman or his husband.....but in the past history or recent history....name one ex POTUS that has went to jail for anything they ever did ever while they were in office. I can't think of one in modern times. Will Obama ever go to jail for anything....No. Will Clinton ever go to jail. No. Just don't happen.

No one is going to prison.

No one.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

I agree nothing WILL be done. Can't have the first half black President go to jail for crimes. That would cause more division than Obama already caused.

He SHOULD be in jail. I WISH he was in jail but nothing will be done.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hope is for losers or people with fantasy imaginations.
Hope tries to walk carefully through a fire hoping that they don’t get burned.
Faith just jumps over the fire.
I’d rather have faith in myself than hope for the government.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Hope is just self deception.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Everyone I know who supported the obama administration is currently finding that their tax returns are bringing home roughly twice what they were expecting this year.

Here's hoping I see the same...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe she's practicing for her run at the presidency next time around. I wonder if she can be so convincingly concerned and hopeful that it covers her past statements. She's probably not proud of her country right now but she will be again if she is elected POTUS.

Go Michelle! NOT!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Everyone I know who supported the obama administration is currently finding that their tax returns are bringing home roughly twice what they were expecting this year.

Here's hoping I see the same...

LMAO! The new tax code doesn't effect our tax returns this year.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This was Michelle Obama's legacy. You get better food in a #ing gulag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join