It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Strange Things Re: Release Of The Memo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The left loves to say Trump is impulsive, but actually, he thinks things through thoroughly, asks questions, consults advisors and WH legal minds, then makes a decision. This is what those who work closest with him have said in interviews.

It will be done right and the aftermath objections, etc., will be reviewed, considered, and acted upon properly and legally.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

The committee voted to release the memo on Monday, January 29.

Link.

So if the President does nothing, the earliest the memo can be released is this coming Monday. The other option is the President can release it earlier on his own accord.

The game I see being played is the following...

I think the WH would rather the memo be released under Congressional process. This distances the President somewhat from a complete impression that it's self-serving. (Yes, I know, some will assert this regardless.) But what Schiff, Pelosi et al have done is call into question whether the memo that was voted upon is now the same memo and subject to release under the previous vote, thereby forcing the President's hand.

If he doesn't do this himself now, the Dems may have managed to delay this beyond even Monday.

Gamesmanship to the last drop.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Release The IG Report!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And to act like they can't just send the unedited memo on over to the White House for Trump to review and approve is ridiculous.

As if now, they have no choice but to go forward with the edited version or start the whole process of getting the edited version approved by the committee, again.

Just give Trump the original one to review. Geez.

It's all such a show. Seriously, I think there are actual screenwriters coming up with all this drama with all of these plot holes.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why didn't the minority letter just insist the original memo get transferred to Trump for review?

Wouldn't that solve all the issues?

Why are 'they' acting like their hands are tied and now, if we want to see the memo before the weekend, we have to see the edited version?

'They' meaning....Democrats, Republicans, and Trump. 'They' are all acting completely shady about this!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ignorant of the hot potato on which the House Intelligence Committee had been sitting, Congress recently passed and President Donald Trump signed a vast expansion of spying authorities,” Napolitano wrote in a Wednesday op-ed. “The FISA expansion would never have passed the Senate had the House Intelligence Committee memo and the data on which it is based come to light seven days sooner than it did.”

“Why should 22 members of a House committee keep their 500-plus congressional colleagues in the dark about domestic spying abuses while those colleagues were debating the very subject matter of domestic spying and voting to expand the power of those who have abused it?” Napolitano added.

Another weird factoid.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It was my understanding that Trump had not seen the memo until it was given to him in the redacted form Monday night.
Information on the changed memo came out Wed?. In the meantime he has sent the memo back to committee.
Why? Possibly he thinks it should be clean and/or addition scrutiny by FBI requests further changes/redactions.

Also, he only has 5 days to act on it. That would end Sat.

Saying all that Reps, should have notified Dems and allowed them to see. As for voting, it was across party lines all the way. No Dem voted okay, they weren't going to vote okay the second time.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From what I've been reading at MSM news web sites, (and no, I'm not taking the time to link'em up).

1) The only changes made were changes requested by the Dem members of the committee.

2) Per the committee's rules, they have to release the memo within 5 days of the vote or the authorization is rendered void. (they'd have to vote on it again to reauthorize the release).

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

He changed much more than a comma or period.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He changed much more than a comma or period.
false.

It most likely WAS a comma and or period.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Now, we all know the changes were very superficial—-nothing of substance was changed, but the desperate Dems will push the conspiracy that it was substantively altered to save face on the world stage and with their bas

You don't know,what it said originally and you don't know what was altered.

Why change anything? It was voted on as is why would Nunes change anything between getting the vote and delivering the memo as it was voted on? That's just not kosher.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Do you mean 90 plus pages of the FISA,warrant?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Now, we all know the changes were very superficial—-nothing of substance was changed, but the desperate Dems will push the conspiracy that it was substantively altered to save face on the world stage and with their bas

You don't know,what it said originally and you don't know what was altered.

Why change anything? It was voted on as is why would Nunes change anything between getting the vote and delivering the memo as it was voted on? That's just not kosher.

Take your pick

I̶t̶'s̶ ̶A̶L̶L̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶f̶i̶e̶d̶

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝔸𝕃𝕃 𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕕 ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

.•°¤*(¯`★´¯)*¤° °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝔸𝕃𝕃 𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕕 ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°° °¤*(¯´★`¯)*¤°•.

The Bombshell of the 21st Century is about to HIT !!

🤒

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A Friday release makes sense. Gives people time to take a file and sharpen the points on their pitchforks and make the drive to DC for a Monday sunrise surprise.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Sure he does.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Alright arnie. I forgot you know all and see all so what was changed? I assume you've seen both versions.
They are saying that changes were made and I doubt it was punctuation. But we'll do it your way because well just because ... what was the change?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I hope you’re right, but I think I’ve raised some valid points here.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

As a former reporter and news broadcaster it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Everyone knows Friday is burying day as far as news goes.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
Trump will be making a statement at 12:30...I am unaware if it will have anything to do with The memo Release

No. He just told the Republicans in Congress how great he is.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I believe it was Democrat Schiff, the minority leader on the HIC who asked and asserted that the minute changes, as far we know, were to be made.

The President is really in a bad position here with an investigation clouding his administration, the release of the memo will be interpreted by many to be a derailing of the Special Council investigation.

The President is seen to be going against a newly appointed Director of the FBI, who has the unenviable job of taking the reins of an embattled agency. Mr. Wray must show some support to the brow beaten agents in the middle, yet still work clear any bad apples and maintain the agencies reputation in the eyes of the public.

The President is all for transparency it seems with the inevitable release of the memo, yet a report has Mr. Wray quitting over it or demanding that ALL names be redacted.

This may be the wisest course. If and it's a big if, the memo leads to more investigations and coupled with IG's report due later, everything will come out but no need to name names before any real evidence is brought forth.

<< 1    3 >>

join