It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 5 - Confirmed Q 4 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Its official!
We will be getting a new addition to the Battlefield Franchise in mid October of 2018.
What the narrative will be....is anyone's guess at the moment.
Currently, Battlefield 1 owners like myself are still receiving DLC based on the WW1 game.

I enjoyed BF1.
But honestly, I really liked the direction BF4 was headed in, with its final DLC - Futuristic combat.
Oh wait we already have Battlefield 2142, that was set in the future.
Yes we do. But as you also know it was a PC exclusive and by today's standards is extremely dated

The Dice team could really expand on the final DLC of BF4 and create an amazing not so distant future WW3 shooter.
I do not want to see it go towards a titan fall aspect, that all soldiers are in mech suits.
Nor would I want something like its War on Drugs BS game it did with Battlefield Hardline.
I didnt know every drug dealer listened to the exact same song in their cars while trading dope.
-Whoop, Whoop, dats da sound of da police...
I played that garbage for about 2 weeks before bringing it back as a trade in.

Either way, im pleased to hear a new BF game is on the horizon.
And since the release date is in 7 months, we could start to hear more details about it at any time now.

What type of Battlefield game are you hoping for?
Another WW2 shooter?
Maybe back to Vietnam?
Or set in the Future?

edit on 1-2-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82me personally? i love the smell of napalm in the morning... havnt played 1 much its allright do

edit on 1-2-2018 by misterassist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: misterassist

Vietnam it is!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I refunded 1 myself. I can't wait for the next installment but I will not be buying it at launch. 4 was an absolute mess at launch and netcode issue weren't taken care of until 1 1/2 years after. Hardline was at best a joke and worse an insult to the BF franchise. 1 was alright but lacked a lot of content. The maps and vehicles were exciting but the ground combat was heavily lacking. I can't wait for BF5 but I wont be buying that mess at launch. I would like to see the next version of 2142 myself. Titanfall was based around mechs, 2142 had 1-2 that were game changing and on a long enough spawn timer to make the game play much different than titanfall.
edit on 1-2-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I love the Vietnam one back in the day on PC. That wouldn't be too bad to see it again. I'm not a fan of the futuristic shooters, but maybe they can pull it off if they don't go too far with it. I love me some Battlefield though. 3 was my jam. Logged many hours on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Vietnam offers some really interesting combat scenarios. I'd like to see that war in a BF game in their next 2-3 installments. I want future this time around. Not as extreme as titanfall. 2142 was an amazing game. 3 was amazing and ran well, 4 was better and didn't run as well. That added blue filter in 4 was too much.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

p.s what ever installment they choose, PLEASE let them add the grappling hook from Bf2!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OMG YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually a little embarrassed but I was ranked top 50 in the world on Xbox 1 for little bird pilot. It has been a while since I fired up BF4 though because PUBG has consumed my life. But I really hope they bring back the franchise in a positive way.

I was extremely disappointed in BF1 and after a few weeks of playing it very frustratingly, I went back to BF4.

I really want them to bring back BF Vietnam. That game was so awesome on PC back in my day.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Battlefield Middle Ages
would be fun

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Maybe set in NK?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hope it will be Bad Company 3 , because Bad company 2 was really nice , for me it renewed my interest in the battlefield series because i didnt like 2142.

The Vietnam expansion for this game was amazing too , so if it would be nam i would be happy too.

edit on 1-2-2018 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
haha As long as they don't jack up the weapons with bi-monthly updates, ill be fine......

I LOVE BF1, but there's no reason someone should survive a shotgun blast to the face from 5 feet away (thanks for the shotgun nerf, a**holes).

Setting wise though, I would love an updated WW2 game (I hate call of duty with a passion, haven't even played their new one), or as you put it in the OP, a modern day shooter depicting WW3

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

That hook is within the new DLC for BF1, I just got a puzzle piece for it yesterday

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Battlefield Middle Ages

would be fun

This might be fantastic. Bows, crossbows, cannons, trebuchets, etc. Neat IDEA.

Or perhaps a Battlefield Civil War?!!!

edit on 1-2-2018 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They release these games on top of each other too much and it just waters it down. I'm a moderate gamer so I don't play a ton but I liked BF4 a lot. BUT perhaps the biggest reason I liked it was because it was the first time I had played that type of game. I was mainly a COD guy. BF1 was solid and after giving up on COD I thought the last one was solid as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
iluv2snipe

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What type of Battlefield game are you hoping for? Another WW2 shooter? Maybe back to Vietnam? Or set in the Future?

I'm with you, and all for the expansion of the DLC on BF4

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What's your source, OP?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'll pass. I'll never forgive them for the BF3 lens-flare crap. Arma 3 forever.

top topics

join