It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration and the left.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you make a thread with some serious claim, but you get defensive throughout these entire 8 pages when someone ask you to clarify or challenge you on a point.

maybe you never actually intended to have a discussion on immigration, maybe its just another rinse and repeat bait thread....

how about just outline or provide some insight on immigration laws which 'the left' seemingly hate so much, or as if immigration issues dont affect 'the left'.

the 'left ' is not affected by drugs flooding in, opioids destroying families, or gangs gangbanging, or murders or rapes, or the strain on healthcare and the economy... i guess the 'left ' is immune maybe thats why they hate immigration laws...

can you show how the left is standing in the way of immigration and the policies by the 'right', how does the left want to undermine all of this?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

you make a thread with some serious claim, but you get defensive throughout these entire 8 pages when someone ask you to clarify or challenge you on a point.

maybe you never actually intended to have a discussion on immigration, maybe its just another rinse and repeat bait thread....

how about just outline or provide some insight on immigration laws which 'the left' seemingly hate so much, or as if immigration issues dont affect 'the left'.

the 'left ' is not affected by drugs flooding in, opioids destroying families, or gangs gangbanging, or murders or rapes, or the strain on healthcare and the economy... i guess the 'left ' is immune maybe thats why they hate immigration laws...

can you show how the left is standing in the way of immigration and the policies by the 'right', how does the left want to undermine all of this?

I thought this was common knowledge.
www.npr.org...
( a nice conservative link for you. )

I'd pretty much have to quote the whole article to make my point, so you can read it to verify. But while Trump and some republicans are putting some ideas out, the democrats aren't having it. I don't know who is to blame, while they both point at each other, but from where I sit, if there are ideas on the table, not even discussing the options seems like a group that is saying no.

Trump wants a wall, which from what I understand, is both physical wall, and new technology surveillance, which would surely not end illegal crossings, buy might just help a good bit. It's treated like a joke from the left. Seriously, it's s #ing punch line. That is why I have the idea the left is against Trumps immigration suggestions.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Network Dude,

The answer is always MONEY. Immigrants who enter the country legally typically bring expertise and CASH with them. Refugees may not have the white collar skills, but they can be trained to be blue collar workers and put on a path to citizenship. That is the way things are supposed to work.

Next, illegal immigrants will work for less than minimum wage in agriculture, home building and maintenance industries. Without them; crops don't get picked, homes don't get built, hotel rooms don't get cleaned. Is it right? No. But people are losing money, so their go to their congressman or senator and complain. Unless you want to pick cucumbers, learn how to frame houses or grab a toilet brush, this problem won't go away. We either need to accept more refugees or convince people to work in these industries. Government subsidies anyone?

The last group to mention are the DACA/DREAMER kids. It takes your community ~$127,000 to educate a kid K through 12. In 2004, there were 828,000 DACA students who had graduated from high school, with at least 432,000 students either in college or finished with college. So, college expenditures aside, if we deport the kids that have completed high school our communities are losing around $105 BILLION! Just gone, flushed away to Mexico or Guatemala or Paraguay or wherever they end up. Not only will we lose that money, but the potential of the education of these kids will benefit those other countries and not the USofA.

So, if you think that Democrats/Liberals are latching onto the immigration issue because it polls well with "brown" people, you may be partially right. But there is a financial cost to kicking millions of people out of the country, beyond the bus ticket to the border.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

Actually, it seems the left is doing the opposite of whatever the right is doing. Right, wrong, or indifferent. If you look back, Obama was for tougher immigration, Clinton was for tougher immigration, they were the major voices of the left. But now, Trump is for tougher immigration, and they want sanctuary cities and safe spaces. And I think it really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'll just leave this Left Damning evidence here.

Pres TRUMP has rescinded 0bama's illegal, unconstitutional executive order known as the Dream Act. 17 percent of grad students taking seats in U.S. colleges are foreigners

edit on 22-3-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join