It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration and the left.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I lol'ed at the last paragraph of that law.. "Buy American, Hire American: Putting American Workers First"
Thats as clear as mud who brought that into law..

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have not expressed a single feeling in this thread. Everything I say is one based from logic and research.

Yeah, It's a shame your ancestors didn't get the same when they came here.

Wow, you amaze me with your ability to not understand yourself.

When the nation was being built, people from all different nations came here, and collectively, they all decided that we need to protect what we built. That is why we have immigration laws to begin with. And we have them in place so some bonehead doesn't decide that because his "feelz" are hurt, we should just let everyone play in our sandbox.

Why is it always Fear when talking about aliens, foreign people? How about some positive emotions, like proudness that they chose to come to your country, or feeling mercy for war refugees, or something like that?

Why always the Fear that They will do inevitably harm?

How about trying to be a little more optimistic?
Or how about being mercifull or altruistic like your favorite religion undoubtedly tells you to be?

Ah, another appeal to emotion. How is it that we DO have a process to enter the United States and become a citizen? Did you forget that, while you were opening up your home to any and all who wish to squat there?

Because we are humans after all. Why do you separate that from yourself?

He does not separate that from himself. If you read his OP, he used the same tactic, an appeal to emotion.

It's not that he is emotionless. It's that he's a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have not expressed a single feeling in this thread. Everything I say is one based from logic and research.

When the nation was being built, people from all different nations came here, and collectively, they all decided that we need to protect what we built. That is why we have immigration laws to begin with. And we have them in place so some bonehead doesn't decide that because his "feelz" are hurt, we should just let everyone play in our sandbox.

Why is it always Fear when talking about aliens, foreign people? How about some positive emotions, like proudness that they chose to come to your country, or feeling mercy for war refugees, or something like that?

Or how about being mercifull or altruistic like your favorite religion undoubtedly tells you to be?

Ah, another appeal to emotion. How is it that we DO have a process to enter the United States and become a citizen? Did you forget that, while you were opening up your home to any and all who wish to squat there?

How is asking for visitors to follow the rules wrong? You are letting your bleeding heart bleed all over your common sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

He does not separate that from himself. If you read his OP, he used the same tactic, an appeal to emotion.

It's not that he is emotionless. It's that he's a hypocrite.

so this is no longer about illegal immigration and now it's about how you view Me. I'm a dashingly handsome guy, but hardly the topic of this discussion.

Perhaps you could help Krazyshot explain why his yard borders are different than that of the nations, or do you not agree with him? (this is a discussion about borders and securing them in case you got lost in how you interpret my thoughts)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So how are the problems that illegal immigrants bring with them ok? I see illegals with TB and other third world diseases, stolen identities, unpaid ER visits etc.. why should I as a tax payer support that behavior?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

for those who just don't understand what the topic of the OP is.

the above link explains the process of immigration in many facets. If you can find the paragraph on transporting people via trucks across the border without permission, I'd like to see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

so this is no longer about illegal immigration and now it's about how you view Me.

Did you not make it about me when you questioned my reality and metal ability?

Funny to see people talk like a good game, but easily fold when they get the same in return.

I'm a dashingly handsome guy, but hardly the topic of this discussion.

Sure. Just because you are pretty does not change the fact you are a hypocrite.

Perhaps you could help Krazyshot explain why his yard borders are different than that of the nations, or do you not agree with him? (this is a discussion about borders and securing them in case you got lost in how you interpret my thoughts)

He's doing just fine.

Perhaps you need to read and be receptive to what you are being told.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Coming to America is not a right, it is a privilege, and if you violate that, I don't feel sorry for you, you get what you deserve.

Actually, my ancestors came through the front door legally....so they were treated as such.

If they had snuck in, I would have expected them to get the boot. But again, they followed the rules.

And by the way, beliefs are feelings, not facts.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Here is what I have learned from this thread. Laws, (particularly immigration laws) are subjective to feelings.

If that is not correct, then explain why immigration laws should not be followed.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The U.S. was built on an invasion of immigrants. People just got onto ships and sailed over.

So what's the problem ?

LOL, and once those same immigrants all got together to form a nation, the enacted LAWS to govern how we would deal with Immigration. The fact that you and others don't seem to grasp that is "the problem".

So, did Native American Indians draw up those " Laws " ? It was their lands that where " stolen "

And your answer is ?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I lol'ed at the last paragraph of that law.. "Buy American, Hire American: Putting American Workers First"
Thats as clear as mud who brought that into law..

Yes, pride and esprit de corps is for loosers.
If that is the belief of the UK, that's your business. I sure as hell won't apologize for having pride in my home.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The U.S. was built on an invasion of immigrants. People just got onto ships and sailed over.

So what's the problem ?

LOL, and once those same immigrants all got together to form a nation, the enacted LAWS to govern how we would deal with Immigration. The fact that you and others don't seem to grasp that is "the problem".

So, did Native American Indians draw up those " Laws " ? It was their lands that where " stolen "

And your answer is ?

From the OP that you apparently didn't understand or didn't read:

We have a country that is made up of mostly immigrants, save for a few folks who were here first, but we took all their stuff, shoved them into camps and gave them shiny beads.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Scope and scale. I can use a shovel to level out a dirt hill, but if I took a shovel to a mountain I'd be at it for awhile.

yes, and the difference in character would be how you dealt with that task. Either give up before you start because it's just too cumbersome, or dig in, and work at it until you make some progress. Or, you could continue with your current approach and hope that others feel sorry for your plight and take you to a place with no hills.

Let's be real here. Outside of any DRASTIC, world changing operations, you aren't going to level a mountain. The task can be considered insurmountable. Instead you learn to deal and cope with the mountain's existence. Maybe you buff out some of the rough edges, but actually fighting the mountain is silly and a waste of effort.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Well that is easily fixed by promoting them to see a doctor for a checkup that doesn't come attached with a deportation ticket.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I haven't even uttered the word "belief" or the phrase "I believe" in this thread. So stop trying to invent my argument for me and actually address me points, Thank you.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Scope and scale. I can use a shovel to level out a dirt hill, but if I took a shovel to a mountain I'd be at it for awhile.

yes, and the difference in character would be how you dealt with that task. Either give up before you start because it's just too cumbersome, or dig in, and work at it until you make some progress. Or, you could continue with your current approach and hope that others feel sorry for your plight and take you to a place with no hills.

Let's be real here. Outside of any DRASTIC, world changing operations, you aren't going to level a mountain. The task can be considered insurmountable. Instead you learn to deal and cope with the mountain's existence. Maybe you buff out some of the rough edges, but actually fighting the mountain is silly and a waste of effort.

my first love was a castle in the sky I never thought I'd make it 'till I had the guts to try

www.azlyrics.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Again, you are off track with the point I'm trying to relay here. I'm not arguing that the task is impossible. I'm saying that the task is so extreme that you would have to do drastic things to accomplish it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why do you want stricter gun laws? Or guns banned entirely?

And why do you think people want stricter immigration laws?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Here is another article from your linked website.

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

Despite the abundance of evidence that immigration is not linked to higher crime rates, and that immigrants are less likely to be criminals than the native-born, many U.S. policymakers succumb to their fears and prejudices about what they imagine immigrants to be. As a result, far too many immigration policies are drafted on the basis of stereotypes rather than substance.

“Fears and prejudices” Hmmmm. That sounds a lot like “mah feels” to me. So tell me how these immigration policies are based in logic again?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Again, you are off track with the point I'm trying to relay here. I'm not arguing that the task is impossible. I'm saying that the task is so extreme that you would have to do drastic things to accomplish it.

Yes, and giving up before you try is the easy way out. Digging in and giving your all to make a difference is the hard way. It's also the way that a person with integrity and character would approach it. Which was my response to your point.

Could you get back to explaining how your yard borders are different than that of the nations?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join