It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenade launcher donated to a goodwill store

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

no high end airsoft gear can be metal to usually you can't tell the difference till you look in mag or manually slide back the bolt to show internals especially on the gas blow back rifles and pistols and they can cost like real steel to my last one i had was $400+ dollars and 75 to nextday it from factory in china was exact hk416 replica all metal construction and all the hk stamps and labels in place. but i digress airsoft 40mm grenade launchers look just like military issue and can use a wide variety of grenades most act like a big shotgun blast of bbs but others launch foam grenades and some shells launch 40 mm rubber balls

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

but i digress airsoft 40mm grenade launchers look just like military issue and can use a wide variety of grenades most act like a big shotgun blast of bbs but others launch foam grenades and some shells launch 40 mm rubber balls

I just bet they are not similar enough to accept live forty mm grenade ammo.

The FED would never allow that Maybe they are chambered different. Maybe the metal is inferior in barrel and receiver, rifling in barrel, etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

the internals are different but both act in similar fashion the both hit a spot on grenade to set off action of grenade.
40mm airsoft grenade are either charged with co2 or a mixture of propane and lubricants called green gas. if you could load a 40 mm military grenade it would not fire it because it would not have a firing pin to set it off.

i know alot on subject of airsoft as a former player and dealer.
edit on 25-3-2018 by proteus33 because: left off part

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

the internals are different but both act in similar fashion the both hit a spot on grenade to set off action of grenade.
40mm airsoft grenade are either charged with co2 or a mixture of propane and lubricants called green gas. if you could load a 40 mm military grenade it would not fire it because it would not have a firing pin to set it off.

i know alot on subject of airsoft as a former player and dealer.

Ahhhh, thank you, there it is. 80s LA gun show sold internal parts kits and tubes for the real thing. If you were lucky you could even find a dewat receiver.

Those days are long gone. Tight controls on every military product now, loop holes are non existent.

Guess why the weapon of choice in foreign lands to fight the US military is fertilizer?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
you would be shocked at some of the things i have seen at airsoft courses over the years beside grenade launchers i have seen spent at4 tubes retrofitted to fire nerf rockets. i have set replica claymores that can be loaded with bbs and talcum powder. hand grenades that when set off emit a cloud of bbs or is powered by a co 2 cartridge set op by a firing pin where the plastic body fills with co2 till it explodes with a load boom and sends platic pieces everywhere.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join