It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cd-rom install MacOS 9.2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hello helpers!

I updated a PowerMacintosh G3 from 9.1 to 9.2..well it is all fine! Except the implemented CD-Rom drive won´t work. It´s not a big deal! I only need a cd-rom system upgrade..

Do you know a place to download such utility? if possible freeware.

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK, I've had this problem before and I know exactly what's wrong (which is really awesome because most of the time I never have a clue!). When you install either a new system or just an upgrade, some of the extentions may be disabled, and on my computer the "Apple CD/DVD Driver" was disabled, along with a few less-important others. Just open the extentions manager, scroll down until you find that one, and enable it.

And don't worry about the DVD part, because the extention includes that function in case your computer can read DVD's, which I don't think the G3 PowerMac can.

But you definately want to go to a Mac OS X compatible computer. It's worth every cent.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm curious if that fixed it. Does your CD drive work now? Because if not you should probably just take it to CompUSA or something.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
MacOS 9.2 should support any Apple CD-ROM drive shipped with a compatible system. Did you check the System Profiler report to see if the drive is recognized?

top topics

join