It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech in the UK Gets Worse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If he would have done it at home, only filming it to show it to his girlfriend, to annoy her, it never would have been a problem.

But if you want to generate klicks to make money on googles youtube and spread that "joke" around the world, i guess then it is normal that some people feel offended by the bad taste of that joke. If you show it to thousands, you will show it to somebody who maybe lost family members because of the Nazis.

People with a sense of compassion, some IQs more than a toast and a bit of education would just not make such "jokes". But we all know these "youtubers" are not Einsteins, that´s why they try to make money via youtube, and not via some serious work.

Maybe this youtube joker knew exactly that it would give an outcry about that nazi stuff, and he did it on purpose, to gain some more klicks? They do everything for klicks, like junkies for their next hit.

But there is one thing i can´t understand. Even here, in the motherland of Nazi-Deutschland, where it is forbidden to show nazi symbols in public by law(for a good reason), i don´t believe that he would have been arrested. I really can´t believe that the police would knock on his door here in germany, for that video. He for sure would land on any of the secret service lists, silently. He would have get his stuff deleted on youtube, because of the new censor stuff there, initiated by german "politicians". But arrested, i don´t think so. Less then ever if it was the first time he did something like this.

Ok, might be because we are blind on the right eye anyway here, because all eyes are on the "evil left" (that doesn´t want to support banksters, corpocracy, exploitation of the workers, a dictatorship of the rich etc) since the 1950´s. You can be a "good christian, blonde german, called Heinz Müller, for example, and they find hundreds up to thousands of illegal firearms and huge amounts of ammo in your house, together with maybe some nazi propagnda, then it was just a "weapons enthusiast". But if they find spraycans in the backpack of a known leftist here, they call the "Staatsschutz"(founded with "ex" third reich nazis) and threat you like a terrorist. "We" were programmed like that, by the overlords of the overseas, to hate "communism" and everything that seems to be a bit "left"(aka anti-robber baron capitalism), in that transatlantic ruled part of the world here.

Sorry for that drift.
I just wanted to say that it feels right that it is forbidden to show nazi symbols in germany, and everybody outside of germany should be happy about it too(the world knows why), that it is forbidden in the former third reich. But even here, i am very sure, this "joker" would not have been arrested for that video. And as long it is not forbidden by law, to show such stuff in england, then how can they arrest him in england because of that?

I guess the five eyes states have a serious problem with freedom.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is an old story.

The dog in question was actually an ex girlfriend of mines and it was stolen by the couple in the story. She would not shut up about how cute it was so he taught it the nazi salute to wind her up.

You cant go around doing that and not expect to get in trouble as we don't like nazi's here in the UK.

He was an idiot and did something stupid and got in trouble a little bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

We should ring Jeremy Kyle.
Where is the dog now? can the dog be rehabilitated?.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I bet I wouldn't be arrested for making a video on how much I like to punch nazis.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Surely you know what is happening in the UK: www.theguardian.com..

That article points to cst.org.uk... a Jewish organization keeping stats on antisemitism. Do we have any other sources?

People are dangerous weapons as they are not wholly able to think for themselves. They get hijacked and used rotten as ideological weapons. Even little pug dogs get used as weapons.

So you advocate a totalitarian state where freedom of speech is non-existent because people are dangerous weapons?
You really should be living in Israel. Here is there human rights record.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Meh....i dont think the state gives a damn about hate crimes really. Its just easier to arrest and fine these low hanging fruit than it is to arrest a group of gippos terrorizing a small village for a week.
And i am sick of jews thinking they have the monopoly on being gated on. Look up what the japanese did to the koreans and chinese. Or how many people stalin killed. I will give you a hint...a lot more than 6 million. That is in NO way disparaging the holocaust....its just putting things in perspective.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

just my opinion - but " count dunkulsa " was not ecersising " free speech " but rather " expensive stupidity "`

i dont see the " humour " in teaching animals to react to certain words // phrases [ but each to thier own ]

but of all the words availiable

coming up with a sentence structure of " gass the jews "

is simply beyond the pale

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
While I'd normally agree with you, I think somebody making a video using 'gas the jews' and Nazi stormtroopers as a theme, probably deserves a knock on the door from the cops.

He'll probably all innocently declare oh it was just a joke. But people don't usually make jokes about gassing Jews unless they are dog-whistling racism.

And if they're not dog-whistling racism, then they're incredibly stupid, and deserve that knock on the door for being so stupid so they can learn why it's not a good idea to do what he did.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I have just explained to you. Do not torture people with their abusers. It is evil and wrong. It is monstrous and immoral. If you do it to a woman it is wrong. If you do it to a child it is wrong. If you torture a black person with slavery it is wrong. If you torture a Jewish person with the monster it is wrong.

It is psychological torture to do this. That is a criminal offense. It is not censorship. It is law and order.

Wrong. It is not illegal. It is just simply bad taste and reprehensible.

You're advocating for LAW to arrest bad taste.

That, is the offensive thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

its illegal in Germany to do the nazi salute or shout their 'catch phrases'...

maybe your next thread should be how Germany is oppressive when it comes to free speech.
mentalist..

For over a decade I have thought that it is inane that they have such laws.

But then, they're shamed into guilt. So they act, look at Germany now?

Feel better?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
This is an old story.

The dog in question was actually an ex girlfriend of mines and it was stolen by the couple in the story. She would not shut up about how cute it was so he taught it the nazi salute to wind her up.

You cant go around doing that and not expect to get in trouble as we don't like nazi's here in the UK.

And today on stuff that happened.......

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Just wait until they police your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
While I'd normally agree with you, I think somebody making a video using 'gas the jews' and Nazi stormtroopers as a theme, probably deserves a knock on the door from the cops.

So, thought crimes now. Got it.

No one move, the ESP police are coming.

What really worries me, is how I've watched this all come to pass, and now I'm seeing a lot of people here, advocate for people who are expressing crap sentiment, deserve being arrested.

It's not so much break the law, but now hurt it.

"Why was you arrested, innit?"
"I hurt the law."
"You sick pillock, you deserve a noose."

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Just wait until they police your thoughts.

This is already what it is, sadly.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

It could be illegal under the Incitement to Hatred laws, that are most often used against Islamic hate preachers, could it not?

If somebody is posting videos featuring 'gas the jews' as a tagline, that probably qualifies as potentially an offense under hate speech legislation. Certainly worth while having the police look at it for potential law violation.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
a reply to: badw0lf

It could be illegal under the Incitement to Hatred laws, that are most often used against Islamic hate preachers, could it not?

If somebody is posting videos featuring 'gas the jews' as a tagline, that probably qualifies as potentially an offense under hate speech legislation. Certainly worth while having the police look at it for potential law violation.

Now we're taking it into the realm of context. He didn't advocate gassing anyone. Slogans to piss his partner off. But this is ignoring context, and charging people with crimes despite it.

It's completely different to say, "All Jews should be eradicated." and have it said in a literal context.

Which, so far this year, only applies to white people. It's OK to say "White DNA should be eradicated." and "old white people must die" - everyone cheers. But a mock video of someone teaching a dog tricks, is against the law.

I don't think the law should be involved in either case. I'd hope rational minds prevail. You only need the law when it comes to these things, when it becomes an event.

Anyone willing to attack someone based on ethnicity or skin colour, doesn't need someone to help them. They're already too far gone.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
This is an old story.

Was that a grammar fail or was your ex a pug?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

his ex girlfriend had the pug....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

phrases such as “gas the jews” and “Sieg Heil” while images of Hitler and goose-stepping Nazis

Read my last thread and you will have a more detailed answer as to why.

I would never say that about your culture would I?

If you had been through the Hitler meat grinder you would know why.

I don't buy any of this "freedom"; "Freedom" to murder? No, we are not free. We all have certain civilized responsbilities. Not spreading hate about vulnerable minorities is one of them.

Surely you know what is happening in the UK:

www.theguardian.com...

Antisemitic incidents in UK at all-time high

Charity logs 1,382 hate incidents and 34% rise in violent assaults against Jewish people in 2017

Not so much a joke is it. You seem to think that all Jews are billionaires:

www.haaretz.com...

One Third of American Holocaust Survivors Live in Poverty, Aid Group Says

'For senior citizens that survived the atrocities of the Holocaust, many are struggling to make ends meet in the face of medical issues and the rising cost of living,' Blue Card director says

It is the same in the UK. My Gran and dad came to the UK as refugees. I have struggled with the Hitler complex all my life. It is something all Jews worry about. It is a real threat. There is that much hate against this group.

The Devil himself hates Jews particularly. He singles them out for torture. It has been the same all through history. There is no resting place. It is an old score that will eventuallly be settled.

It is up to each individual how they approach this. Know that if you go too far now you will be in trouble. Look how I have been treated on here. I did it to expose it. I have given all my ATS commentary for others to read so they have a clear angle of what anti Semitism is.

There is too much to lose now. Too many people squashed together. It has to be policed to prevent descent into mayhem and even carnage. Surely you understand this? If it is left unchecked it would become something monstrous again, 100% sure of that.

I told you yesterday what the ex CIA Director said. I will tell you again:

Everything is now weaponized.

People are dangerous weapons as they are not wholly able to think for themselves. They get hijacked and used rotten as ideological weapons. Even little pug dogs get used as weapons.

Tool up, people. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

What about freedom of thought? There are people I just don't like. If one of the happens to be Jewish, are you going to try and "make" me like them?
I'm an American. I'll hate anyone I feel like.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

We are fast approaching a time when there will be no one left alive who actually experienced those days directly. Much there is no one left alive in the US who directly experienced slavery.

At what point do we begin to let the concept of deep personal affront go?

There is a difference between thinking there is a generational stain to some of these things and never forgetting history so that we are not doomed to repeat it.

Whether or not a joke is in poor taste, has little bearing on whether or not its very existence can leap around and personally offend people who were never intended to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join