It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo Nunes Sent To White House Differed From Memo HPSCI Voted On

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let me ask you an honest question. If the Democrats slinked off and conducted a secret investigation without any consultation with the Republicans, produced a memo which the Republicans felt was deliberately misleading — containing allegations nobody could ascertain the veracity of without having access to highly classified information — do you HONESTLY believe the Republicans would vote to release it?

Release it how ? Like to use it for a FISA warrant ?

I kid, I kid...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: JinMI

He's a toady. A stooge. A shill. A water carrier. A partisan hack. I wouldn't trust anything he says.

West Wing:

Toby:
I just figured out who you were.

Kiefer:
He's gonna say Satan.

Toby:
No, you're the guy that runs into the 7-11 to get Satan a pack of cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Bro, you've called Nunes everything under the Sun, while overlooking literal corruption known as the Dems

Pelosis, Schumer, Schiff, these buddies of yours deserve your unhinged and deluded perspectives as well, yet we see none.

Not a patriot like Nunes who is going to help expose corruption.

Actually, the last several post you made are cries about Nunes shills, your credibility drops every time.

Pick up the pieces and get back on track.

Yes, respectfully, you're a partisan hack LIKE THE REST OF US PARTISAN HACKS, deal with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Let me ask you an honest question. If the Democrats slinked off and conducted a secret investigation without any consultation with the Republicans, produced a memo which the Republicans felt was deliberately misleading — containing allegations nobody could ascertain the veracity of without having access to highly classified information — do you HONESTLY believe the Republicans would vote to release it?

Release it how ? Like to use it for a FISA warrant ?

Here is the rub no one on the right wants to consider.

The FBI has been clear that they are confident that everything in the FISA warrant was legit and valid.
They are issuing public statements putting their ass on the line explaining the same.

The material for FISA warrants are said to be as thick as your wrist.

IF in that FISA Warrant Application part of the Dossier was included
AND the FBI can prove that part of the Dossier was verified and/or other parts of the Dossier was verified (as has been said multiple times by "sources).

Then what Nunes thinks is a good attack could actually force the FBI's hand into explaining WHY they included the Dossier in the warrant application. They would not have done it without multiple threads of independent verification.

So Nunes is actually challenging the Intel Community to go public on what parts of the Dossier they have confirmed.

FBI/Intel can do it A) Via closed door testimony, B) Via Leak or C) Wait for Mueller's conclusion, likely this summer.

Either way, FBI/Intel has been very careful not to confirm or deny the Dossier during the past year..

Nunes might have just screwed Trump. If the Dossier was in the FISA Warrant application, that means they verified portions of it at the least. Now they are challenging FBI/Intel to go public with what they know to disprove the Nunes memo.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

your dossier is crap

it should NEVER have been used to justify spying on an american citizen

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

your dossier is crap

it should NEVER have been used to justify spying on an american citizen

The only thing that has ever been officially debunked in the Dossier is spelling errors.

Meanwhile much of what the Dossier claimed has been verified.

One item VERY relevant to the Memo?

Verified: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with representatives of Russian state-owned oil giant Rosneft.

The dossier claimed Page held secret meetings in Moscow with Igor Sechin, a Putin ally who is the head of Rosneft.

Page vehemently denied that he met with Sechin.

But in November, the House Intelligence Committee released a transcript of Page’s congressional testimony revealing he had in fact met with other Rosneft officials, including Sechin's subordinate Andrey Baranov, during a trip to Moscow in 2016.

According to the dossier, Rosneft officials used their meeting with Page to push for the U.S. to lift sanctions on Russia for its support of armed separatist groups in eastern Ukraine.

It is now known that the Trump administration sought to water down a proposed Republican Party commitment to send “lethal weapons” to Ukraine’s army to fight off the Russian-backed separatists.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

so page did not meet with the person the bs dossier claimed?

can you source ONE person who will say that bs document is true?

even simpson wont

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

First, I was making a simple joke... But..

What parts of the Dossier are confirmed ?

if the Dossier is such Gospel, why all the obfuscation ? Why deny, and have the media repeat the lie, that it wasn't used ?

I mean, you (not YOU specificly, but as a pronoun) can't say the dossier was real and used in the warrant in one hand ; And in the other hand say the Dossier wasn't used. Because BOTH statements have been uttered and declared truthful but the same group of people.

If the Dossier is so reliable why all the shadyness ?

I would LOVE to see the IC state on record which parts are true.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If das Dossier was genuine, they would have "politically" published the whole thing BEFORE the election.

It came out later because das Dossier is part of their "Plan B" to discredit Trump.

Nothing more to it 🤠

Except it's been exposed as a paid for lie 😎

👸

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What parts of the Dossier are confirmed ?

Honestly, we are in listing territory there worthy of it's own thread. See my last post for an example.

More to the point, Mueller is responsible for investigating the Dossier's claims, so we only know what has leaked or been confirmed by reality/public events.

I mean, you (not YOU specificly, but as a pronoun) can't say the dossier was real and used in the warrant in one hand ; And in the other hand say the Dossier wasn't used. Because BOTH statements have been uttered and declared truthful but the same group of people.

I believe part of the Dossier was included in the application.

That is only a belief, but I do not know.

IF the Dossier was used, THEN they had whatever portion was used buttoned down already through other sources. Fisa Applications are often as thick as war and peace.
Carter Page had already gotten busted once by the FBI giving (now convicted) Russian Spies material.
He played dumb then, but that alone would be a big red flag.
I am sure his FISA application was thick.

I would LOVE to see the IC state on record which parts are true.

That's Mueller's domain.
Maybe it will get accelerated with this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
hahahaha
can't source ONE person whp will verify the bs dossier...

gee wonder why that is......

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The stuff your talking about occurred in 2013, wasn't related to Trump and later found to be nothing.

As to the Dossier, I can't find ANYTHING that states it was verified.... Indeed EVERYTHING I read uses the phrase "Unverified Dossier ". Even Comey dismissed it's "factual" worth and used the word, 'unverified.'

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

hahahaha
can't source ONE person whp will verify the bs dossier...

gee wonder why that is......

Maybe because there is an ongoing investigation?

That said, Christopher Steele, A highly respected former MI6 Agent despite what the loony right sells.
Or anyone and everyone at the FBI and US Intel who asked for and received his source names and followed up?
They haven't said the Dossier is bunk. They wen silent while Comey and now Mueller led an ongoing investigation.

During Comey's hearing when Senator Richard Burr asked if any of the allegations in the dossier had been confirmed, Comey said he could not answer that question in a public setting.

And MULTIPLE Dossiers BTW

According to Paul Wood of BBC News, the information in Steele's report is also reported by "multiple intelligence sources" and "at least one East European intelligence service". They report that “compromising material on Mr. Trump” included "more than one tape, not just video, but audio as well, on more than one date, in more than one place, in both Moscow and St. Petersburg.” While also mentioning that "nobody should believe something just because an intelligence agent says it",[71][51] he added that "the CIA believes it is credible that the Kremlin has such kompromat—or compromising material—on the next US commander in chief" and "a joint taskforce, which includes the CIA and the FBI, has been investigating allegations that the Russians may have sent money to Mr Trump's organisation or his election campaign".

en.wikipedia.org...

Lord...if you just looked away from Fox news once in a while you could answer your own questions.

Be patient

According to Senate Intelligence Committee vice chairman Mark Warner (D-VA), the dossier's allegations are being investigated by a Special Counsel led by Robert Mueller, which is also investigating allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 elections.

In the summer of 2017, Mueller's team of investigators met with Christopher Steele. As some leads stemming from the dossier have already been followed and confirmed by the FBI, legal experts have stated that Special Counsel investigators, headed by Robert Mueller, are obligated to follow any leads the dossier has presented them with, irrespective of what parties financed it in its various stages of development, or "[t]hey would be derelict in their duty if they didn't."

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

hey genius

simpspn testified UNDER OATH and WOULD NOT verify his own companies work

steele testified UNDER OATH that the dossier is NOT VERIFIED

both of which are on official records

still cant source uour bs dossier can you?

you do understand it is FRAUD to mislead a fisa court with fake evidence right?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Simple explanation.

The Memo was rewritten due to consultation with FBI agents.

Lou Dobbs: Our chief correspondent at the White House, John Roberts, telling us that the new version of the memorandum has been altered in some ways by the White House review.

Five professional members of the FBI were at the White House to meet with the Chief of Staff John Kelly to got through that. www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Shifty Schiff needs to resign

He is outright lying on this one.

Indeed, but this is the latest disinformation campaign by the Democrats who are desperate for the information not be released to the public.
Whatever is in the memo has the Democrats very scared.

I am just going to look for the OPs thread about the memo itself. I'd assume there is one..... well there's a surprise... there isn't one. Only threads pushing the same undermining tactics from Democrats.
edit on 1/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hahahahaha...so, this 'tweet' is about the WH reviewing the file. That is all. Man, I bet this feels really good to the current admin after 2 years of this BS. Sitting there with real evidence. Tick Tock....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Isn't hilarious that Democrats, championed by CNN, are so so concerned with the accuracy of all the facts in the memo, when they couldn't wait to talk about an unverified dossier and have been pushing it for months.

The hypocrisy is astounding. They are all in on a dossier written by a foreign agent with the help of the Kremlin paid for the Clinton campaign, but have a problem with the HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE releasing their findings!
edit on 1/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Dem's are just playing a game, they know they
can't stop the release and figure the best they can
do is have a crying fit.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

hey genius

simpspn testified UNDER OATH and WOULD NOT verify his own companies work

Sure he did. He even said the Dossier had cost lives.

Lie much?

steele testified UNDER OATH that the dossier is NOT VERIFIED

He handed it off to FBI for validation via other sources. That investigation has been ongoing or did you miss the whole Special Counsel thing?

you do understand it is FRAUD to mislead a fisa court with fake evidence right?

Absolutely.."Genius"..

Now riddle me this, what happens when the FBI is forced to disclose the intelligence they definitely have verifying portions of the Dossier because of Nunes stunt and Americans get a view as to how fully corrupt team Trump was during the election?

Is that a win?

I am all in on the BS Memo being released, because what follows is going to be utter hell for the GOP.

That's why Nunes suddenly watered down the Memo, That's why Paul Ryan urged congress to distance themselves from it, That's why the #3 GOP in the Senate told them not to release it without FBI approval.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The stuff your talking about occurred in 2013, wasn't related to Trump and later found to be nothing.

As to the Dossier, I can't find ANYTHING that states it was verified.... Indeed EVERYTHING I read uses the phrase "Unverified Dossier ". Even Comey dismissed it's "factual" worth and used the word, 'unverified.'

The fact that the above seems to be a response to me, but wasn't a "reply" to me?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was technical incompetence rather than rhetorical cowardice, wanting to throw your girl-punch without being noticed.

Carter Page handing documents to now convicted Russian Spies was NOT "found to be nothing".
They just did not have enough evidence he knew what he was doing in order to prosecute.

Of course Trump selected him as an Advisor with qualifications that landed either in "Russian Spy" or "Special kind of Idiot".

As far as you being incapable of finding "ANYTHING" that parts of the Dossier was verified, Let me help you out:

I don't know, here are JUST A FEW LINKS to get you started.

Verified: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with representatives of Russian state-owned oil giant Rosneft

Verified: Trump Russia dossier key claim 'verified' US officials "verified" a key claim in a report about Kremlin involvement in Donald Trump's election - that a Russian diplomat in Washington was in fact a spy.

Verified: The Kremlin targeted educated youth and swing state voters during its cyber attacks in the 2016 campaign.

Verified: Russia undertook a coordinated and massive effort to disrupt the 2016 election to help Donald Trump

Verified: Trump maintains ties to rich businessmen from Azerbaijan

Verified: Multiple elements of the Russian operation including a cyber campaign, leaked documents related to Hillary Clinton, and meetings with Paul Manafort and other Trump affiliates

Verified: Trump administration’s effort lift sanctions on Russia immediately following the inauguration

Verified: Of the hundreds of Republican positions and proposals, The Trump Campaign altered only the single sentence in the RNC Platform that called for maintaining or increasing sanctions against Russia, increasing aid for Ukraine and “providing lethal defensive weapons” to the Ukrainian military.

Verified: Carter Page's testimony is filled with bombshells — and supports key portions of the Steele dossier

Verified: Trump-Russia dossier: One of Christopher Steele's key claims 'has been verified'Mikhail Kalugin posed as a diplomat but was a spy, intelligence sources say

The Trump-Russia dossier: why its findings grow more significant by the day

The Trump “Dossier” Is Looking More Credible All the Time

Trump Russia Dossier Decoded: Yes, There Really Was A Massive Oil Deal

Former Trump Head of Security Testifies that Trump was Offered Prostitutes at Moscow Ritz

Trump's bodyguard says Russian offered to 'send FIVE women' to his Moscow hotel room

Russian offered to send prostitutes to Trump’s hotel room

US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier

Testimony: Fusion GPS Lawyer "Somebody's already been killed as a result of the publication of this dossier

Israeli spies: Trump ‘golden showers’ dossier only one of many troubling reports being investigated

Oleg Erovinkin: . The dossier describes Erovinkin's involvement with the Rosneft promises beneficial to Trump, represented by campaign staffer Carter Page.[1][9][10][6] Russia expert Christo Grozev of the Bulgarian think tank Risk Management Lab reported that Erovinkin was described as "Sechin's treasurer" and concluded that Erovinkin was the source for much of the information in the dossier.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join