It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Report Advocates Abortion, Attacks Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And just one more kink it the UN cog, get the USA out of the UN, it is an Evil organization and wants to see harm come to the US and the freedom the US represents!

U.N. Report Advocates Abortion, Attacks Christians

A commission working for the United Nations recently released a number of important reports that are unusual in their open advocacy of legalized abortion and the radical sexual rights agenda.

Each report argues that advances in these areas are necessary to achieve the Millennium Development Goals, a five year old U.N. initiative that is scheduled for review in September at a "Millennium Summit." However, the Millennium Development Goals do not make any mention of reproductive rights; neither does the Millennium Declaration on which they are based.

The Millennium Project Report, released last month by the Secretary General's advisory body, will be the basis of his presentation to U.N. Member States at the September review. The Report states that "ensuring universal access to sexual and reproductive health ... is essential to the attainment of many" Millennium Development Goals.

SOURCE

[edit on 15-2-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So Ed are you helping with the end of abortion making sure that women in the US has free or affordable access to birth control so they don't have to go for abortions?

Or you are like many of the radical Christian zealots that do not want abortions but don't want women to protect themselves either?

I guess is easier to keep the agendas going and scream "baby killers" that handle free birth control to women and men.

I see.

Hey, ed do you know if these type of radical Christians have sex even after the get married or they think is only for reporductive reasons, I wonder.

Do you think they enjoy sex? or they pray while they are having intercourse with their wife.

You know sex is a sin after all, thanks god I don't believe that bs

Thanks god he make us able to enjoy sex.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So Ed are you helping with the end of abortion making sure that women in the US has free or affordable access to birth control so they don't have to go for abortions?

Or you are like many of the radical Christian zealots that do not want abortions but don't want women to protect themselves either?

I guess is easier to keep the agendas going and scream "baby killers" that handle free birth control to women and men.

I see.

Hey, ed do you know if these type of radical Christians have sex even after the get married or they think is only for reproductive reasons, I wonder.

Do you think they enjoy sex? or they pray while they are having intercourse with their wife.

You know sex is a sin after all, thanks god I don't believe that bs

Thanks got he make us able to enjoy sex.

There is nothing that makes sex between married folks a sin..........it is perfectly natural...

There is nothing perfectly natural about killing a child......

As for Birth control, I would rather see that then the slaughter of a LIVE being because someone had to get laid and is to stupid to make 'plans'.

Look, the old adage here, you play and get caught, you pay ......

But in your mind killing these children is ok for convenience I take it?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wrong, Ed, I believe if free and available birth control for everybody sexually active, but I guess that is not what anti-abortionist want. Right?

It will kill their agendas and their reason to scream "baby killers"

There most be some sad sexually deprived people in the ranks.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The UN hasn't dictated anything to anybody. It has made recommendations which countries are free to endorse and act upon or not. It is far from "an attack on 'Christians' ".

Many Christians believe abortion to be a matter of the individual's conscience (cos funnily enough there is not a reference to it in the Bible whatsoever......unless you do the usual evangelical fundy trick of claiming an unrelated text is related, somehow).

Just because evangelical fundamentalists imagine their 'brand' of 'Christianity' to be the only valid interpretation it doesn't make it so.

I'm just glad I'm not 'free' to 'enjoy' having major parts of life dictated by some kind of ding-bat zealot 'God-squad'.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
The UN hasn't dictated anything to anybody. It has made recommendations which countries are free to endorse and act upon or not. It is far from "an attack on 'Christians' ".

Many Christians believe abortion to be a matter of the individual's conscience (cos funnily enough there is not a reference to it in the Bible whatsoever......unless you do the usual evangelical fundy trick of claiming an unrelated text is related, somehow).

Just because evangelical fundamentalists imagine their 'brand' of 'Christianity' to be the only valid interpretation it doesn't make it so.

I'm just glad I'm not 'free' to 'enjoy' having major parts of life dictated by some kind of ding-bat zealot 'God-squad'.

Lets see this makes one line

this makes 2

So in a single sentence...."Thou Shalt not Murder!"

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

How can you kill a group of cells?
How can you kill something with no feeling s or self awareness?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Lets see this makes one line

this makes 2

- Yes, that's nice Ed, you run along and do your religious stuff like a good guy now and stop pretending anyone is actually dictating anything to anybody.

Cos the only people I see either actually doing this, or wanting to do this, are fundy religious types (whatever 'brand').

Personally I see abortion as tragic but the concern of the mother in whos' body the potential life is developing.
I do not believe this potential life is capable of being 'murdered' until very close to the actual full-term (which is why most civillised countries outlaw late-term abortion - except in the most exceptional of circumstances).

Sorry we disagree but I doubt I'll convince you and you most certainly won't convince me either - but I'd appreciate it if the anti-side stopped exaggerating or just plain lying about what is going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Devilwasp- while a fetus may not yet have devolped enough to have either emotions or cognitive function, it is a living thing. The bundle of cells you mention is alive. That is not a matter of debate just a simple biological fact.
It may well be, as pro-choicers charge, a mindless underdevolped parasite for the first trimester, but you cannot argue that it is not a living mindless underdevolped parasite.
Marg I have no problem with birth control. I do have a problem with free birth control being avalable for all. A pack of condoms costs less than a pack of cigarettes, and even someone who is homeless can afford a sngle condom.
However why s it unreasonable to expect people to act in a responsible manner in regards to sex?
Regardless of whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, surely you recognise that every single time you have sex you are opening yourself up to the risk of HIV/AIDS, syphillys etc?
The more sex you have the greater your chances of getiing an unwanted gft. This risk is compounded by "casual sex"
Why is the concept of monogamy as a matter of self preservation so hard to understand?
Back to the topic though why shouldn't we demand that those who have sex be forced to live with the responsibilities it brings?
If you drve a car, you must accept the idea that you may be involved in an accident and take precautions, why should sex be without responsibilty?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Devilwasp- while a fetus may not yet have devolped enough to have either emotions or cognitive function, it is a living thing. The bundle of cells you mention is alive. That is not a matter of debate just a simple biological fact.
It may well be, as pro-choicers charge, a mindless underdevolped parasite for the first trimester, but you cannot argue that it is not a living mindless underdevolped parasite.
[/qutoe]
Yes but my arm is liveing yet if I had cancer it wouldnt be against god to have radiation treatment wouldnt it?
Or what about killing insects?
Or even the most simplest one, what about everytime you wash?
You kill billions of germs.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey how about when a man spills his seed, he is killing thousands of possible babies and sending them down the toilet or the drain or just smearing them on his bed.

I tell you they are all baby killers.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

How can you kill a group of cells?
How can you kill something with no feeling s or self awareness?

Well heck no it feels nothing, its just a bunch of cells!

And just to make sure you understand, lets look at a 21 week abortion.

WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURE AHEAD

Nope this surely can not be a human now can it? 21 weeks old and killed

[edit on 16-2-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So, propaganda on your journey to the Christian fundamentalist views, Ed, people will seek abortions not matter how many pictures you print, and people will have sex not matter what you tell them.

Pictures and condemnation does not help the problem, real help does and that is not what Christian fundamentalist like want, it's easier to scream "killers" than offering help and counseling and to make sure that poor women gets affordable health care to pay for birth control.

But that is not what your president has in mind in his budget cuts, he wants the church to condemn sex and to keep poor women seeking abortions.

Have you seen crack babies after they are born ed?

Shame on you and your kind.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You are not free. I am free. Here I sit with a nine and a ten round clip. I can go outside and shoot something if I like. People need not fear because I abhor murder. Those mothers and children in abortion facilities do have somthing to fear and not this religious extremist or any other true believing Christian.

Marg, quit picking on my brother Ed. You know how many fights he has gotten me into?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh, my fight, is about giving the right to women to affordable health insurance and to be able to get the help they need, poor women in this country account for more than half of abortion seekers, been poor is a condemnation in the eyes of our administration that keep the poor poorer and religious fundamentalist choice of target with their anti abortion rights.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Poor or just uneducated, and therefore poor?

why not let capitalism into our school systems. Let those union school teacher compete with those paid half as much in the private sector. If a private education is inferior as all those NEA bstrds claim then those poor women would put their children back into the much more expensive public schools. Give those minorities a chance.

My kids were in a public school. My engineering job kept me away for some time. My kids needed tutoring but were refused. The public school teacher told us that she would love to spend 15 minutes afte school showing my son how to do this math. Unfortunately, her union made that personal option a union violation.

Give a man a fish and control his life. Teach a man to fish and he will be free.

Medical care is important but not just woman and kids. Those dads need to be healthy to support that family if he is still around.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
I'm just glad I'm not 'free' to 'enjoy' having major parts of life dictated by

Marg, quit picking on my brother Ed. You know how many fights he has gotten me into?

She is not picking on me dear brother, she is just expressing her views. See she sees things differently, she sees no issue with the killing of a child that does not have a chance or a chance as she sees it.

As your tag line says from Bismark, handouts BREED this kind of never ending cycle. The thing she doesn't understand is that we DO give to organizations that offer help to these women......we feel the child should be given the chance at life, and not killed because someone choose to have a good time and to hell with the consequences.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

She is not picking on me dear brother, she is just expressing her views. See she sees things differently, she sees no issue with the killing of a child that does not have a chance or a chance as she sees it.

And you ed can not see past your christian fundamentalist and bush loving nose, I am finish here.

Denied Ignorance don't spread it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And you ed can not see past your christian fundamentalist and bush loving nose, I am finish here.

Denied Ignorance don't spread it.

This has nothing to do with Bush marg and you know it. It is a fundamental belief in the value of life in which we differ. I have mine because of my faith, you have yours for your own reasons.

PS name one Christian group that is openly pro-choice? It is not a fundamentalist Christian belief at all but a Christian one in general.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Devilwasp - germs? Now you are trying to say that human life and germs have the same value?
hmm I didnt believe the Nazi ideology was really on the rise in the UK till now, but hearing that you think a human and a germ are equal just blew my mind. So tell me devil wasp how little do you love yourself if you think a germ has the same value you do?
Marge speaking of loveing your self, can you show me a sngle case in which sperm, by itself ever resulted in a human life? Anywhere, at any time or any place?
No? then your analogy is bull#.
Oh yes marg you are the brave crusader for womens rights, the right of women to be whores who # everything in sght, but what happens marg when the inevitible consequences of those actions catch up with her?
Are you aware marg that becuse of attitude like yours AIDS is growng faster among women than men? As is the incdence of all VD?
Tell me marg why do you think that is?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join