It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery as three huge steel spheres fall from sky leaving thousands terrified

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
NOT MY TITLE
This probably isnt the best place for this article, but I figure you folks would know the answer a lot faster than some others as to what the heck these are and what they may have come off of.

A photo from article: You will have to go to link to see the photos as I cant seem to upload at the moment. They are pretty large steel appearing round balls. They look like to halves put together? Man made I'm assuming, Just not sure what they could have dropped out of or fell off. Thats why Im here

I also realize its a not such a good place to take news from but it does have video and pictures so there is that. This video below is not the same one at the link but does show others captured it. Note the video at the link captured two soaring over

Snippet from Article:

Reports have emerged that the mysterious object disintegrated above eastern Brazil and northern Peru.
The bizarre incident was accompanied with loud booms. People living in Larancahuani, in the region of Puno, Peru, were reportedly left terrified when three metallic spheres crashed down.

LINK TO ARTICLE

The video:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Assuming the sphere shown is what really came down, that looks like a welded tank from a sat. I'd be concerned about the contents since they're likely to have had propellants in them. Daily star is not noted as a good source though.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Yes I realize that and I did note that myself that I knew it wasn't the greatest of places for a news story. Non the less it appears to have happened.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I want one.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Didn't this happen a few years ago in maybe Spain or Italy as well? ...on the search.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What the hell are they made out of! How are they not pancakes?

Wow. Even if man made, thats impressive.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Vietnam

Namibia (Solved)

Spain

edit on 31-1-2018 by Atsbhct because: Removed random "LOL!" ...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Saw this earlier today Rocket Re-entry
The rocket was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on December 26, 2017, carrying AngoSat 1 Communications Satellite.

Good link with a lot of videos

watchers.news...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Satellite fuel tanks. Happened in Australia.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Thank you, I knew I came to the right place

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes I think this would be disturbing , looks like a big bomb.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's a space peanut.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hydrazine tanks. Harder than nails.

SNIP
edit on 31/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 1/31/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped political trolling outside of the Mud Pit.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Pressurized helium/nitrogen sphere?

Used to maintain pressure in fuel tanks. Also to purge oxygen from "free" space in tanks to lower the chance of fire or explosion.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Didn't this happen a few years ago in maybe Spain or Italy as well? ...on the search.

Yes it did, I remember that too

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that's either a tank from a large sat or an upper stage. This has happened quite a bit actually. I second what someone said above about toxicity. I'd stay away despite how nifty it was. You might be able to claim right of salvage, though! Haha

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Why didn't they burn up on re-entry?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

They're enclosed inside the rocket. The shell probably burned and broke apart and they are strong enough to survive.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
It's a space peanut.

This!

Super dense stars are known to explode and contain trillions, which are ejected everywhere, causing a horrible mess.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As more and more nations put up satellites and send up rockets, we should see more debris falling from the sky.

Home insurance rates will go up, as many of these things start crashing down on rooftops on a regular basis.

There goes your home insurance premiums.

<<   2  3 >>

join