It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Postpones Flynn sentencing????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I find it quite humorous that every Trump supporter crowing unending about how he's the most innocent man in world and the FBI are the real enemies of humanity and Russia is actually our bestest friend now are really just bloviating for the sake of assuaging their own doubts and fears about this situation.

Confident people don't need to constantly reassure themselves of a situation. Most anti-Trump folks here seem content to let Mueller's probe play out.

I for the most part agree with RadioRobert's post above regarding Mueller likely just handing over the report to congress and the DOJ when he's done, and regardless of whatever damning evidence is found or not, nothing being done about it anyways. I'd recommend every Trump supporter who has their panties in a kerfluffle over the worry of what it all means calm down and stop trying to convince themselves and those who agree with them on something that they clearly have already made up their minds about (if only for the sake of keeping your blood pressure down).
edit on 05am18famFri, 02 Feb 2018 08:02:40 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 02 Feb 2018 08:02:40 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

What I find funny is how they were pushing so hard for this memo to come out and now that it seems like they will release it, and the DoJ is saying it is inaccurate and flawed, the damage control is in full effect.

Conspiracies are being formulated and excuses are being made in case of failure.

As is par for the course.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

Are you serious? Leniency for lying about an activity that wasnt illegal?

Failure to register as a foreign agent.
Repeatedly and deliberately lying under oath to Federal Agents.
Repeatedly and deliberately lying on Security Clearance documents.

What do you see as not "illegal" about the Chief National Security of both the Trump Campaign and the Whitehouse secretly working for a foreign government and lying about it? Having secret conversations with agents of foreign governments and lying about it to Federal authorities and in written statements?

Flynn's statement at his plea deal:

In a statement, Flynn said he acknowledged that his actions "were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right.

"My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions," he said.

www.cnn.com...

Your post is disconnected from reality.
edit on 2-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I see you still have reading comprehension problems. What part of what I said dop you not understand? Nevermind the fact it is fact.

For starters, the meaning of the word dop?

Strzok was the lead agent investigating Flynn.

The only thing Strzok has been found guilty of is having an extra-marital affair and voicing political opinions on a government issued device.

The idiotic GOP narrative trying to paint him as a boogey-man does not hold any water and has largely been exposed for the desperate nonsense it is when it was revealed this week that Strzok was also the one who advocated re-opening the Clinton investigation two weeks prior to the election and that he co-authored the letter to congress announcing that Hillary Clinton's email investigation was going to be re-opened.

Strzok and another FBI agent mislead Flynn the morning they went to see him at the Whitehouse.
Strzok did not allow Flynn to have a lawyer.

Michael Flynn is a retired US Army Lieutenant General, Former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency and Former Chief National Security Advisor to the President.

You are telling me he needed a lawyer to realize repeatedly lying to the FBI, repeatedly lying on security clearance forms and secretly working for a foreign government was illegal?

Furthermore, he certainly had a full legal team when he decided to plea guilty to the charges and cooperate, so your weird proposition that NOW he is going to fight it because he just remembered he didn't have a lawyer present when he first talked to the FBI is....put politely...illogical.

Your other bizarre claim that the court hearing on sentencing has been delayed because Flynn's lawyers now think they have a case to fight? If so then Flynn's lawyers would not have requested a delay IN UNISON with the special counsel's office. They would not have agreed to a delay.

And NONE of what you are trying to sell accounts for Papadopoulos as well.

Attorneys for former national security adviser Michael Flynn and the special counsel's office told a federal court on Wednesday evening they are not ready to schedule a sentencing hearing for Flynn.

Taken together, the Flynn and Papadopoulos delays suggest special counsel Robert Mueller is not preparing for the investigation to wrap up before the spring.

www.cnn.com...

“Due to the status of the Special Counsel’s investigation, the parties do not believe that this matter is ready to be scheduled for a sentencing hearing at this time,” the document, signed by Mueller and Flynn attorneys Robert Kelner and Stephen Anthony, said.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 2-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

What do you see as not "illegal" about the Chief National Security of both the Trump Campaign and the Whitehouse secretly working for a foreign government and lying about it? Having secret conversations with agents of foreign governments and lying about it to Federal authorities and in written statements?

In a statement, Flynn said he acknowledged that his actions "were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right.

"My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions," he said.

www.cnn.com...

All that, except the guy doing the interview is being shown to have executed his duties with political bias, and lied in the process.

While Flynn may have been a turd....the way it was investigated leaves it worthless to prosecute.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

www.cnn.com...

All that, except the guy doing the interview is being shown to have executed his duties with political bias

That is what is being sold by team trump, but no, not at all.
It has been shown he had an affair and a political opinion.

It has not been shown in the least that either interfered with him doing his job.

He was the one that urged re-opening the Clinton Email investigation two weeks before election and he co-authored the letter announcing the re-opening of that investigation.

While Flynn may have been a turd....the way it was investigated leaves it worthless to prosecute.

How so? Please let me know where the investigation was not legit?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well now
any more questions about why mueller wanted a delay?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

well now
any more questions about why mueller wanted a delay?

He knows the answer....

POISIONOUS TREEs allow the guilty to go free..

Good job Dems!! You can't do anything right. From stealing nominations to framing political rivals...

Dems suck at everything!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dont forget Manafort has filed legal paperwork challenging the validity of Muellers probe.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The Dossier being used in FISA court.

The FISA judge being the one who accepted Flynn's plea deal.

The FISA judge being lied to.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I remember you when you were a straight shooter

This is my third time around here. Been around since 2008.

Later Tex.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Update: Yesterday (Feb. 14th, 2018), a stipulated motion was filed giving Flynn's lawyers full access to all evidence the FBI has on him. A stipulated motion means the prosecutors and defense agree on the matter.

This story has a copy of the motion, plus a good timeline of events.

By filing this motion, the Special Counsel has essentially asked the court to grant Flynn access to all evidence that was used against him. Both Mueller and Flynn’s legal teams are in agreement on this which will allow for the sharing of information with anyone directly involved in the case.

This Motion comes just days after it was reported James Comey told Congress he didn’t think Flynn had lied.

Flynn’s indictment and plea agreement happened back on 12/1/2017. Since then, there has been overwhelming evidence of political bias in text messages between FBI agent, Peter Strzok (the agent Flynn allegedly lied to during the FBI interview) and his lover, FBI attorney, Lisa Page.

On 12/7/2017 Judge Rudolph Contreras was reassigned.

On 12/12/2017, the new Judge, Emmet Sullivan, signed an order “requiring the government to produce ANY evidence in its possession that is favorable to Michael Flynn & material to his guilt or punishment.”

On 12/13/2017 a “private individual” came forward, to the Court, & started filing a series of FIVE “motions-to-intervene” in defense of Flynn.

Since the release of the Strzok-Page text messages & McCabe being forced out, there has been speculation that Strzok modified the form FD-302 (witness interview summary).

Today’s motion gives the Flynn legal team access to ALL evidence, including the FD-302’s, as long as the evidence is kept secret.

So even though Flynn entered a plea agreement, after today’s filing, it is now becoming clear Flynn’s legal team is preparing to FIGHT the charges based on new evidence of Corruption in the FBI (Strzok framing Flynn).

Edit: The fact that Muller isn't contesting this request could suggest he knows the charges against Flynn are sketchy.
edit on 15-2-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join