It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super fast moving Supermoon - anyone else see this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If the moon was indeed moving faster, you could have aligned it with a stationary object like a rooftop or a streetlight then you would proven it was not an optical illusion.

Which do you think is more plausible that the Moon was moving faster or that clouds made the moons apparent motion to move faster?

I am worried about people today that cannot logically adjust to their natural surroundings and I mean no offense here if it is ignorance or denial? People also jump to an incorrect conclusions with out testing this only offering insubstantial proof. If the moon had jumped across the sky well then sure, but illusion of motion you captured is like looking at car on a freeway passing you and its tires appear to go backwards.

Further you believe something that hundreds, no literally thousands of people watching the moon most like myself amateur astronomers didn't notice, common sense would tell you others would see this and have reported it...

I might sound harsh but you have continued to believe in this thread that what you saw about a common object everyone on the planet can see is incorrect.

I re-edited my closing to say it was great you went out and video'd the moon it is amazing an I hope it spurs more curiosity of it! Just don't be Daft unless you are Daft Punk then be them!
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 01 Feb 2018 17:15:06 -0600pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: daft punk'd

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

It's a well known illusion, that I even pointed out 4 years ago here on ATS.

If the Moon had really sped up then all our simulations of where it should be now would be off, but they are not. What you are proposing to be the case, could not happen without all hell (literally) being unleashed. Everybody would know about it!

One point to note though, which I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread (apologies if I missed it), is that the majority of the Moon's apparent motion in the sky is not due to the Moon's orbit, but due to Earth's rotation.

<< 1  2   >>

join