It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director Resigns Over Financial Conflicts of Interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald has resigned from her position at the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).

Apparently some financial conflicts of interests came to light.

Another one placed in the "Sunlight" and drained.

😁 The "Buster" is she invested in a tobacco company !!!! 😁

Of all the things to invest in when you're a CDC official !! 🤧

CDC Director Resigns Over Financial Conflicts of Interest

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resigned Wednesday over financial conflicts of interest involving her investments in health care businesses.

Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald's complex financial investments presented conflicts that made it difficult to do her job, according to a statement from the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversees the CDC. In an ethics agreement filed in September, Fitzgerald had said that legal and contractual restrictions prevented her from selling the two investments.

The new HHS head, Alex Azar, who took office on Monday, accepted her resignation Wednesday after discussing the investments with her and their effect on her work.

🕰

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
CDC Directors are on the inside and know the truth about "stuff" .
Once upon a time there was a Biology teacher who was the Lab Director for SG Luther L. Terry .....
Pleasure to talk to off the record and I learned a great deal on how politics leads research...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I always heard rats abandon ship before it sinks, but I never new there was so many...

Lol

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

She also refused to divest in the stock, otherwise she probably wouldn't have had to resign.

Greedy, hypocritical biotch if you ask me!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Déjà vu, I'm reminded of these little chestnuts from the UK;

Heart Charity Invests in Tobacco Industry (1998)

ONE OF BRITAIN'S leading health charities, which has spent years campaigning to help people give up smoking, is investing in tobacco shares. The British Heart Foundation, which researches links between smoking and heart attacks, has invested its employees' pension contributions in a fund that makes money from tobacco stocks. An investigation by The Independent on Sunday has found that the foundation has placed more than pounds 6m of its pension assets in a fund that buys and sells shares in companies such as British American Tobacco, Gallaher and Imperial Tobacco.

NHS Could be Forced to Invest Pension Fund in Tobacco Sector After Ruling Over Suffolk County Council's Investment (2016)

Government proposals to clamp down on public bodies taking “ethical” issues into consideration over their business deals could force local councils to retain pension fund investments in tobacco companies.

Local Councils Cut Millions of Pounds From Stop-Smoking Services While Investments in Tobacco Companies Soar (2017)

Councils are investing millions of pounds in some of the world’s largest tobacco companies at the same time as funding for services to help people stop smoking is being slashed, an investigation by The Independent has revealed. Investments in cigarette giants including Phillip Morris and Imperial Tobacco by local authorities in England have increased by hundreds of millions of pounds over the past five years. At the same time, councils have nearly halved the money available to help smokers to beat their addiction.

Not cool, not cool at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Proof to the root of the problem.

I wonder if there is any legal recourse.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The root of the problem is the entire CDC and FDA.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I do not for one second believe that she walked over something like this. The story rings about as true as all those officials stepping down because muh time with muh family.

However. Good riddance...whatever she actually got busted for.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This is the spin you're going to go with every time a Trump appointee goes down in flames? That Trump appointed that person to expose the person for their corruption?

What the actual....

Lmao.

What position in the swamp was this woman occupying before Trump appointed her six months ago? Georgia Public Health Commissioner. And it looks like she purchased the stock in question after she was appointed so that doesn't really work for your hypothesis.

But it's an imaginative fantasy!

top topics

join