It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Complains: "Trump Used the Word 'America' More Than 80 Times"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I hadnt offered my opinion on the OPs opinion. Too much opinion IMO. LoL

ATS is not a valid metric as far as what is out there. Here you get mostly distrusting centrists. It just so happens that many agree, openly, with some "conservative" views.

People here are also more educated than most whether formally or not.

What I spoke to was the culture of celebrating extremist views as a muse for the left while dehumanizing their political opponents. "The right does it too" is your disclaimer so we can move on.

The right is seen as encouraging our extremists when that is the opposite of what is done.

The left DOES accept their extremes so long as they are not OPENLY violent. Which is the worst case for both "sides".

I am currently not aligned with Democrats in what has become the real meat of their platform. That is not really dependant on me. Its not my party. They decide their direction and we choose if we support it.

Im not a republican though what they are about is closer to my aim. So I support them more.

I dont like either. I am an opportunist and a centrist.

All I want is balance from my leaders so we can be wiser, heathier and wealthier as a country.

Then I want everyone to bugger off and live /let live life.

TLDR:
I wrote all that just in case you want to meet me somewhere in the middle. We can.

edit on 1 31 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If you want to split hairs then there is no reason to not immediately make these people naturalized citizens - other than to use them as political pawns that is.

There is a line to get in, and people patiently waiting in it. Sorry, but to the back of the line.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Obama closed the entire coal industry. Obama closed the majority of oil rigs. Obama implemented new taxes on truckers. Only those three things I mentioned constitutes millions of workers...But we are to believe that it was Obama who helped with the unemployment?...

Do people forget the lost jobs we kept seeing under Obama?

President Trump brought/is bringing back the coal, and oil rig jobs among many others.

Second, it has been show in these forums that the Obama administration hid the true number of unemployment because you don't count the number of people who stopped receiving unemployment and still couldn't get a job...

Oh and here is a look at what happened to "manufacturing jobs alone".

beta.bls.gov...

That's an increase of about over 300,000 manufacturing jobs alone...

Here is a look at the lost jobs in logging an coal mining, notice what happened during 2012-2016.

fred.stlouisfed.org...

edit on 31-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and link.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just like a liberal group,can find hate in a greeting card,just because they say so,what a joke,liberals lack in any source of pride,not in them

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I am embarrassed. I was a card carrying paying member of the ACLU back in the 1990's ... when they apparently represented something different than what they stand for now.

Why in the world is the ACLU having a problem with the President referring to the name of the country he is representing by name in a state of the union speech?

What is wrong with this 'new' ACLU? What are they thinking?

edit on 31-1-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: e d i t

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Lysergic

What's the part about more than 80 times?

or did u just come in ready to fire off hyuk?

You mean the part where using the fact he said America more than 80 times to show the irony considering the state of the country?

Did you understand what you read?

Here's the key part of the quote for you:

Yet, after a divisive first year,

Well just look at you go. Trying to school people. So entertaining. Bless your pea pickin' little woefully outmatched heart.😹😹😹

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
For all of those boo hoohing because the Dems didn't stand and praise the dear leader every time he spoke how soon we forget when the Republicans would not get up for anything Obama had to say and who can forget boehner sitting there like a constipated lingering b#$&* face every time Obama spoke.

Are you not seeing that was part of the problem when obama was in office and will be detrimental to Trump's presidency as well. What we need is a president who can unite the people and compromise to get things done not this my way or the highway act that Obama and trump try to pull.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Can you point out where the ACLU complained that Trump used the word America more than 80 times like you claim? Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I know, so why is that racist ACLU still around?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme

Can you point out where the ACLU complained that Trump used the word America more than 80 times like you claim? Thanks in advance!

Welcome.
"Tonight, President Trump said the word ‘America’ more than 80 times in his speech."

Are you claiming they are approving of it not complaining about what he said?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Which sotu address did Obama do that no Republicans cheered once for anything he said and then said the whole speech was racist.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

My wife is a legal immigrant. Her status is in jeopardy because of all the illegal immigrants taking resources and the government not being able to respond to the paperwork in time. It's actually causing us a serious problem and we will have to go to Washington DC in person because of it. Huge expense suffered by law abiding immigrant caused by people breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Sounds like you have a bunch of dickheads down there at the ACLU mate - probably some swamp creatures that can sense the water levels receding.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Come to America for a better life and to escape your home country.

Complain the President calls this country America.

Wave your home country's flag, that you had to flee because it's a crap hole.

Protest because you want America to be more like your home country, that you fled.

It's pure lunacy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

I am embarrassed. I was a card carrying paying member of the ACLU back in the 1990's ... when they apparently represented something different than what they stand for now.

Why in the world is the ACLU having a problem with the President referring to the name of the country he is representing by name in a state of the union speech?

What is wrong with this 'new' ACLU? What are they thinking?

Read the statement, not the title of the article.

The problem with headlines these days is that they're click-bait-y to get you to click so they get advertising revenue. I always try to read the article and then look for the original source.

If you did that, it would give you better context, I think.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
a reply to: Byrd

What policies exactly? The ones that brought the lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rates. Giving a path to citizenship to 1.8 million illegals? Things their almighty lord and saviour never did?

I think that if you read their statement, you will find that they've answered this question.

Hopefully you read more than just the headline. Hopefully you clicked the link embedded in the rather badly written story and looked at the original statement by the ACLU.

...like I did.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The ACLU is not everyone's cup of tea, in particular those who side with the Supreme Court. They often take the position the Supreme Court is wrong, so they argue based on a belief their opinion trumps that of the SCOTUS. They have often said as much.

For instance on the Second Amendment.
Link

The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment.....

.... like all ACLU policies, it reflects the ACLU's own understanding of the Constitution and civil liberties.

The ACLU does not protect Constitutional Rights as held by SCOTUS, so it's not irrational to disagree with them for anyone who supports the Constitution and the courts.

They represent extreme views in my opinion and are hopelessly partisan. They don't represent American Civil Liberties as defined by our laws and the Constitution. There was a time when they were relevant, but that time passed and they never evolved. In some cases they seem to hate those who agree with the law and enforcing the law, which is odd for anyone who claims to believe in the rule of law.

People who agree with them don't seem to care they pick and choose based on political ideology and not the law or to be honest peoples real Rights.

To many of us protecting against human trafficking, drug cartels cross border activities and gangs filled with illegals should be the main agenda regarding our borders and to others they are acceptable because they want open borders. The ACLU falls in the open borders camp and damn the law.

As a person who had a family member slaughtered by an illegal in a sanctuary city I can't agree with open border insanity.

But even that's not the problem. The problem is people being so damned partisan that they hate people who have different views. A mindset encouraged by both Parties now.

It's no wonder they chose that headline. Hating each other is the new pastime promoted by most politicians and people just keep falling for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Lysergic

What's the part about more than 80 times?

or did u just come in ready to fire off hyuk?

You mean the part where using the fact he said America more than 80 times to show the irony considering the state of the country?

Did you understand what you read?

Here's the key part of the quote for you:

Yet, after a divisive first year,

Well just look at you go. Trying to school people. So entertaining. Bless your pea pickin' little woefully outmatched heart.😹😹😹

Lol outmatched? By people that can't comprehend something they've read that's written in their native language?

Ha, good one.

It's all good, I know it's easier to read the headline vs. actually reading the content -
edit on 1-2-2018 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

As would I.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Okay, thanks. I read the ACLU's statement again out of fairness, but I still do not understand why the ACLU has a dog in this fight, because the so-called 'dreamers' are not Americans *yet* ... and are they complaining about the path offered to give them citizenship, or are they just complaining because they are against the idea that America does not necessarily need to include a bunch of non-Americans?

I think the ACLU is wrong footed on this ... just my opinion ... and I have no proof, but probably most of their current members lean more towards the left end of the political spectrum than they used to. I am still embarrassed for them.

They do not need to pick a squabble that does not concern them.

Once (and if?) these dreamers become American citizens, then go for it ACLU. Go go go !

But their statement seems like premature ejaculation!

edit on 1-2-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join