It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are Lena Dunham/Rosie/Miley Cyrus and the rest of those ''celebs" leaving the country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In 2016, the following ""celebrities"" vowed with all their conviction to leave this country if Trump was elected. The fact none of them have actually left the country is precisely why nobody takes these overpaid clowns seriously. All talk, no action. Typical...

Among those who said they would leave are: Bryan Cranston, Rosie O’Donnell, Jon Stewart and Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Cher, Samuel Jackson, Lena Dunham, Barbara Streisand, Raven-Symone and others.

None of them have followed through and several have said following Trump’s election to the White House that they were simply “joking” when they made their vow.

www.theblaze.com...

Just like they will all have been "joking" about the BS fake Russian investigation after THE MEMO comes out...

By all means, above styled overpaid entertainers, please leave our beautiful homeland. We don't need you here. You're so far out of touch with reality and the majority of this country/this nation's base it is sickening.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Hollywood is such a joke.. HollyWhack is more like it. I have actually been surprised at some of the celebrities I've heard that are Trump supporters. There are probably more but many don't want to admit it because they will be scrutinized

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Let them stay and pay taxes.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A case of twitter thugging.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No doubt about it

Hopefully his SOTU numbers will convince more people to "come out of the closet" and admit they not only like Trump but voted for him too.

I personally refuse to let the left squander the opportunity we all have before us. My stocks are up, my pension is doing great and I know I live in a country that means what it says. No more doublespeak and strong arm robbery disguised as "individual mandates" (yes, strong arm robbery = you don't pay the 'mandate' armed federal agents show up at your house to collect a clearly unconstitutional tax)

Trump is delivering rapid fire blows to the corrupt criminal deep state, and demolishing the institutions of rampant unconstitutional anti-Americanism.

Nothing but cheers for him from me The Dem's reactions to his olive branch told me all I needed to know. Democrats are only in this for one reason, and it isn't to help the American people. They'd rather pander to their very small and very rabid fringes than stand up for their base which has been with them for 50-60 years. Which is fine by me, since I'd love to see Trump re-elected in 2020. They want to throw away their time and waste it on fake Russia BS? Let them. Nothing will come from it, and people are done listening to them. The only people who still listen is that rabid fringe I mentioned, who won't be convinced of his innocence since they've already declared his guilt (although have zero evidence to support that belief).

Bravo Dems. Bravo.
edit on 1/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why not just leave them to their fake moral outrage and get on with life?

Is it imperative that these random people leave because they don't agree with trumps presidency?

I ask this with all sincerity, I expect celebrities to act in this manner, but why exactly did the conservative right start acting like the spoiled, out of touch children that they so often label other as?

They can't possibly be that butt hurt that people aren't kissing the ring of the almighty trump...they did the exact same thing during the Obama years.

Seriously ATS, we're in bad #ing shape when I'm the one telling the rest of you to just grow up and get over it.

Let's just go back to conspiracies, ufos and monster hunting. This my side/your side bull# has gotten old
edit on 31-1-2018 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Might as well just said if he becomes prez

I'LL KILL MYSELF

mmm angst so delicious

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The Russia investigation, is not "fake" nor is the fact that Russia "meddled in our elections" The only one telling you its fake, is trump and his administration. It is insane to think that its fake news, when Sanctions, that trump seems to have a hard time signing, are in fact ready for him to do so.

As far as the Celebs threatening to move, yeah I remember some saying that. I myself thought about it, to be honest. To see what America settled for over all, was pretty hard to take. I say over all, in the fact that this was the best our parties could do! Then on top of it throw of all people trump into it, ugh.

In the Celebs defense, that is probably what they thought at the time. Mellow dramatic, but might be true.

edit on 31-1-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

You're the one assuming it is because of Trump's presidency...

Keep in mind, they are the ones who made these bizarre "vows" before the election. They are also the ones who then walked it back, claiming they were "joking" (aka "virtual signaling")

I am not seriously suggesting we throw them out of the country (they are Citizens, of course). I am using their own words vs actions to point out their hilarious virtual signaling and point out that they aren't alone. Many Dems feign this type of manufactured outrage, for the simple sake of going along with the echo chamber and attacking a President who beat their candidate.

They've now taken to spreading this totally unsubstantiated paranoid Russia theories, and one must question how serious they are about these as well. They're clearly "virtue signaling" and attempting to abuse the justice system to bog down or worse remove a President they don't like.

But you're right, I don't personally care. I don't want to see them forced to leave (although I'd say good riddance if they actually did leave. I cheered after he won partially because of their vow) But you must admit, this spells of hypocrisy.

THE MEMO is coming....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Why not just leave them to their fake moral outrage and get on with life?

Is it imperative that these random people leave because they don't agree with trumps presidency?

I ask this with all sincerity, I expect celebrities to act in this manner, but why exactly did the conservative right start acting like the spoiled, out of touch children that they so often label other as?

They can't possibly be that butt hurt that people aren't kissing the ring of the almighty trump...they did the exact same thing during the Obama years.

Seriously ATS, we're in bad #ing shape when I'm the one telling the rest of you to just grow up and get over it.
Let's just go back to conspiracies, ufos and monster hunting. This my side/your side bull# has gotten old

If you ask me, I'd say these threads are just more divide and conquer memes, and, when they are so in your face like this...there's a hint of desperation as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

when Sanctions, that trump seems to have a hard time signing, are in fact ready for him to do so.

No. It isn't.

I already explained he isn't applying them because he is in charge of diplomatic relations. He has already stated Russia has been "punished" enough (with other sanctions/embassy closures/Ukraine arms sales/Syrian tomahawk strikes). We don't need to continue sanctions for the sake of sanctioning. This is done and over with. Moving on. If liberals want to obsess and be creeps about this totally unproven non-issue, be my guest. Our party is moving on to implementing our agenda, where Democrats will either take a seat at the table and get something or they'll act like children and get nothing.

We've got the votes to get any bill to Trump's desk. That is the reality. Trump's real legacy will be his SCOTUS appointees over the next 7 years, though. Conservative majority.

As far as Trump's invovlement, THE MEMO is the last nail in that worn out and debunked coffin. Trump's lawyers won't even allow an interview because Mueller has produced precisely ZERO evidence supporting any claims against him. Smart to avoid the perjury trap, as I've said all along. No other investigation has produced ANY EVIDENCE supporting claims against Trump - the FBI has already investigated these claims, and found nothing. Peter Strozok, the corrupt and exposed agent, also admits there was "nothing" to it.

But by all means, keep those fingers crossed and stay focused on the BS Russia fake-news distraction. We all appreciate it, and I'm sure Trump will in 2020 as well. Maybe you don't realize just how silly the Dems are about to look when THE MEMO hits the presses.

edit on 1/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The US and Russia meddle in elections. It's just what we do. So yes Russia did meddle, there is no secret about it, what concerns me more is that they pushed reasonable dedicated Americans into behavior better suited to high school politics.

What's even worse, we all know it's true and still pretend like it isnt. Just let it be and go back to living, this obsession with right/left nonsense is doing more to damage our national conscience than the Russians ever could.

Break the cycle, open a beer and raise a glass to your fellow countrymen. We will go through all this again, it's best for all of us if we learn to let go now.
edit on 31-1-2018 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
you can keep them .
we have standards over here on who gets let into the country .
they fail to meet our requirements .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The US and Russia meddle in elections. It's just what we do. So yes Russia did meddle, there is no secret about it, what concerns me more is that they pushed reasonable dedicated Americans into behavior better suited to high school politics.

What's even worse, we all know it's true and still pretend like it isnt. Just let it be and go back to living, this obsession with right/left nonsense is doing more to damage our national conscience than the Russians ever could.

Exactly

This is nothing new or unusual. I've been trying to pound this into some exceptionally thick skulls for the last year, however.

This is absolutely standard day-to-day nation state intelligence activities

And in this example, not very effective ones at that! Anyone who believes there were any "swing votes" after the primary election is just silly. Even before the primary it was bad, but afterwards it was a partisan slug-fest to see who could destroy who first. That hasn't changed.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Uh, trumps ratings are lower than Obamas were year one, By 8 million viewers. Unless you have a current source with different numbers. trump had 40 Million Obama had 48 Million. This year numbers were decent, but not fantastic.

trump sounded good, the speech was well written, however misleading in a few spots for sure. It was what I expected.

variety.com...

tvline.com...

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com...

www.cnn.com...

all of my links "fake news"?

edit on 31-1-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

When they going to impeach this bastard?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

You have it wrong. They gave a promise. Their word.
Good US citizens look to them to be as good as their word

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Might as well just said if he becomes prez

I'LL KILL MYSELF

mmm angst so delicious

Best comment of the day L...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They won't leave for several reasons.

1. First, they never intended to leave. They are actually delusional enough to think that their threat to leave the US would have induced people to vote against Trump just to keep them here. They actually believe that enough people give a rip about them to be moved by that.

2. Second, they would never go to another place where they would not be adulated by the ignorant masses. Do you actually think that anybody in Europe would give a rat's *** about the likes of Lena Dunham or Rosie? HAHAHAHAHA? (Miley might get a pass in a few places, but even there, she'd soon be relegated to has-been status.) Their deep, mass-driven narcissism would never let that happen.

3. Third, I'd bet that not a one of them would have the moral, intellectual or personal character necessary to adopt to a different culture.

:
edit on 2018 1 31 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They are. For evidence, just look at the front page of ATS and the OP.

Trump derangement syndrome is real, and nowhere more apparent than from the Trump supporter camp.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join