It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Trey Gowdy Will Not Seek Re-Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The possibility of him being appointed as a Special Prosecutor is entertaining.
If so, this may have been in the works for a little while, as he stepped down from his chairmanship on the House Ethics Committee not long ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Trey will become the next Supreme court justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 31-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Trent will become the next Supreme court justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok......., but what about TREY Gowdy, whats your opinoin on his departure?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's too bad, but it doesn't surprise me at all. I'd heard several months ago that he was considering leaving Congress following this term.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Considering all the complaining about Mueller not being objective enough, I don't see appointing Gowdy as Special Prosecutor being a good idea. I don't see him as that big a supporter or Trump, but certainly the Democrats and the media would paint him as such and any findings he comes up with would be attacked as biased.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Maybe a judicial appointment (judgeship). There is supposed to be a supreme court justice retiring and there are vacancies on some of the appeals circuits.

I agree with you. He is well known in Congress and a SCOTUS nomination would easily be approved. At 53 years old, he is young enough to serve for a while. He is not female, black, hispanic, or transgender, which makes him un-PC but he seems to hold to the letter of the law which is a good thing for a SCOTUS justice. Talent and skill before identity politics is good for all.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: nwtrucker

Here's the problem. The current GOP narrative is that donating to a Democratic campaign is evidence of bias when it comes to people on Mueller's team. A very big deal has been made about Andrew McCabe's wife running for office and about how her campaign received money from the Democrats (as would be expected).

Trey Gowdy is a Republican member of Congress. How can Republican politicians be reasonably viewed as unbiased but people who merely donated to Democrats' campaigns be assumed to have bias?

If right-wingers are going to talk the talk, they should walk the walk. I personally don't believe that all these allegations of bias are reasonable but for a person who has claimed that they are to do an about face when it comes to Republicans would be be a hugely hypocritical double standard.

We are not talikng the GOP narrative here, we are talkng Goudy.

You cite only one side, McCabe and donations, Goudy has more than that in his resume....as you are know.... So if he attempts or investigates anything regarding donations and potential bias he's now partisan or is he doing his job??

You want to lump him in with all politicians, go ahead. Then the same comments can be made of....all politicians which makes your comments on Goudy near meaningless and a waste of time, unless your the one with the 'double standard', that is...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's sad to see him go. Trey has a good measure of honor and integrity, which is rare and refreshing.
I liked and respected his character and style--blunt, honest, intelligent, and professional. Easy to see why he would want to leave politics and return to justice, but I wish there were more people like him on both sides of the aisle.
edit on 31-1-2018 by Gandalf77 because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Gowdy would be a fantastic head for the FBI.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Only if you wanted to hear about Benghazi for the next 35 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, for head of the FBI and/or AG, you aren't elected, you are appointed.. maybe one of those two roles could be his next? I wouldnt mind seeing Gowdy become a supreme court justice one day either...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't blame the congressmen for wanting to get out of the crap in government today. It is like they are throwing shi* at each other, only those who are fine with deceiving and a little psychopathic, loving the chaos, will be left in our government. Another words, shortly corruption will have full control of our whitehouse and congress, all the good people will stay avay. Maybe then is the time for Russia to nuke the city of DC...or should we call it Gomorrah
edit on 31-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
With all this man has seen, been exposed to (classified materials etc) can you really blame him for wanting to get the hell out of there?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As I said, I don't believe that what Republicans and the right-wing media have been screeching about "bias" is reasonable at all.

Republicans and the right-wing media have decided that when it comes people they want to malign, a donation to a Democrat, an expression of political opinion in private or having a spouse run for office are in of themselves damning proof of bias. Not me.

Now you're trying to tell me that if I simply point out the double standard, I'm a hypocrite?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy has announced that he will not be seeking re-election. He says he will be returning to the justice system. If I'm not mistaken, Gowdy is the 34th Republican member of the House to announce that he will not be seeking re-election.

That's one very smart guy.

He's been there, done that, seen things, and now "knows" where's the best place to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
so many are leaving.

what's coming? it feels like they know something...

i read somewhere that a few are buying land in new zealand. they got their tax - see ya bye!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One of my favorite now retired congress folks had a hard and fast rule never more than 2 terms in any position or you eventually become corrupted to the political way of doing things rather than the right way.

maybe Gowdy was tempted and realized it, so he is getting out while he feels his soul is intact.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

As I said, I don't believe that what Republicans and the right-wing media have been screeching about "bias" is reasonable at all.

Republicans and the right-wing media have decided that when it comes people they want to malign, a donation to a Democrat, an expression of political opinion in private or having a spouse run for office are in of themselves damning proof of bias. Not me.

Now you're trying to tell me that if I simply point out the double standard, I'm a hypocrite?

One, the subject is Goudy, not the political games both parties play.

You point out one example of Goudy getting the grill for donations and omit his overall body of work. Getting into 'grills' is his job. Either party, theoretically.

You say you hope he just retires and go on to state we need non-partisan individuals. I wouldn't use hypocritical to describe it. Disingenuous, perhaps myopic is the more apt adjective.

It reflects your bias, certainly. JMO, though.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy has announced that he will not be seeking re-election. He says he will be returning to the justice system. If I'm not mistaken, Gowdy is the 34th Republican member of the House to announce that he will not be seeking re-election.

That's one very smart guy.

He's been there, done that, seen things, and now "knows" where's the best place to be.

True and he knows that The Trump WH or anywhere near that train wreck is toxic. He wasn't fooled by the SOTN BS from Trump.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Gowdy will take on a new more powerful job.

In '24 he will run for President and safeguard MAGA for another 8 years.

His running mate will be Ivanka.

In '32. Ivanka will run for President.

That is what my Crystal Ball is telling me.

P

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join